FBI Hoops Trial starting | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

FBI Hoops Trial starting

The losing to Hopkins thing is crazy though. I mean Hop had a team coming off 9-22 and is trying to convince kids to stick it out and beats him while Miller is paying 3 kids. You can't make this stuff up.

Hop also lost the #1 pick in the draft from that 9-22 team. It's hilarious.

Seriously, I’m so sick of this FBI trial. I feel nothing will ever come of it. How the hell does Arizona still employ Miller? Even if only 25 percent of it is true, he should be fired. But then we get the hammer for stupid stuff. I hate the NCAA. NC does fake classes, Kansas is and always has been as dirty as they come, and don’t even get me started on Duke! What the freakin hell!

Miller is toast , University is going to get hit harder for allowing it continue with #4 class this year , no doubt in my mind Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis, AZ, LSU and a few others are cheating more than ever before

Miller is toast , University is going to get hit harder for allowing it continue with #4 class this year , no doubt in my mind Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis, AZ, LSU and a few others are cheating more than ever before
Memphis seems to have really stepped it up under Penny. Probably about to flip Boogie Ellis from Duke so they must really be competing with the big boys now.

Memphis seems to have really stepped it up under Penny. Probably about to flip Boogie Ellis from Duke so they must really be competing with the big boys now.

penny obviously was a huge name at one point, not that the recruits now remember, although his shoes are still very popular, i believe some of the guys he has gotten he coached in aau, and hes the hot name right now, it will be interesting to see if he can maintain the recruiting success in the future, especially if he doesnt win right away

Clemson football next?

Dabo Swinney Reacts To Clemson Football Allegations Made In FBI Trial

Last week, a video played of a wiretap recording from 2017 that had Clemson assistant basketball coach Steve Smith discussing the recruitment of Duke star Zion Williamson. His conversation on tape took place with sports agent Christian Dawkins.

During this discussion with Dawkins, Smith makes an interesting comment about Clemson football. “That is why football is so successful, is if you do it and use resources at Clemson, like you can really keep everything tight,” Smith said.

Smith’s remarks potentially hint at foul play when it comes to how the Tigers handle their business.

Clemson football next?

Dabo Swinney Reacts To Clemson Football Allegations Made In FBI Trial

Last week, a video played of a wiretap recording from 2017 that had Clemson assistant basketball coach Steve Smith discussing the recruitment of Duke star Zion Williamson. His conversation on tape took place with sports agent Christian Dawkins.

During this discussion with Dawkins, Smith makes an interesting comment about Clemson football. “That is why football is so successful, is if you do it and use resources at Clemson, like you can really keep everything tight,” Smith said.

Smith’s remarks potentially hint at foul play when it comes to how the Tigers handle their business.

Smith no longer with the program.

Smith no longer with the program.

Assistant coaches always seem to be the fall guys
2CE6C22C-1BF0-4367-958A-82C04B84B9E0.jpeg

People still think a program like Clemson is clean? It’s not possible to compete clean at that level in BB, no possible way you could in FB.

Isn't Ellis flip related to Jones returning?

Seriously, I’m so sick of this FBI trial. I feel nothing will ever come of it. How the hell does Arizona still employ Miller? Even if only 25 percent of it is true, he should be fired. But then we get the hammer for stupid stuff. I hate the NCAA. NC does fake classes, Kansas is and always has been as dirty as they come, and don’t even get me started on Duke! What the freakin hell!
As I understand it, Arizona's position with Miller is just a wee bit precarious. I believe there is something like a $12 mil buy out associated with his contract, however if he is dismissed 'for cause', Miller gets nothing. The university has to produce incontrovertible evidence of misbehaviour in order to use the 'for cause' stipulation. If they fired him now, based on what is known publicly, Arizona has to pay him. It's a public relations nightmare for their administration, IMO. The situation isn't helped by the fact that half their fan base is in denial. I suspect that their AD is hoping the NCAA can produce the evidence they need to let him go. I believe the 'buy out' goes down over time, but the longer this continues, the worse it becomes for them. Morale inside the program cannot be good.

Edit to add: The situation there is further complicated by the buy out Arizona is still paying Rich Rodriguez, IIRC.

Last edited:
Isn't Ellis flip related to Jones returning?
"Flip" probably wasn't the best choice of words. The reasons he's cutting ties with Duke might be unrelated to Penny, but you know something's up when an AAC school that hasn't been relevant in years suddenly starts pulling in top 10 classes.

As I understand it, Arizona's position with Miller is just a wee bit precarious. I believe there is something like a $12 mil buy out associated with his contract, however if he is dismissed 'for cause', Miller gets nothing. The university has to produce incontrovertible evidence of misbehaviour in order to use the 'for cause' stipulation. If they fired him now, based on what is known publicly, Arizona has to pay him. It's a public relations nightmare for their administration, IMO. The situation isn't helped by the fact that half their fan base is in denial. I suspect that their AD is hoping the NCAA can produce the evidence they need to let him go. I believe the 'buy out' goes down over time, but the longer this continues, the worse it becomes for them. Morale inside the program cannot be good.

Edit to add: The situation there is further complicated by the buy out Arizona is still paying Rich Rodriguez, IIRC.

why would they have to offer incontrovertible evidence? is that a term in his contract, a legal burden, or something else?

why would they have to offer incontrovertible evidence? is that a term in his contract, a legal burden, or something else?
Regardless of what kind of evidence they have, Miller is going to sue Arizona to get some sort of money rather than nothing. If the NCAA has hit him with a "Show Cause", it will go a long way to proving to a judge that they had a sound reason to fire him for cause (an NCAA finding of misconduct), his W-L record had nothing to do with their action, and the suit should be dismissed without Miller's getting any money. As my classmate notes, they're still paying RichRod's buyout. Having to pay another one at the same time will really hurt their finances.

Last edited:
Regardless of what kind of evidence they have, Miller is going to sue Arizona to get some sort of money rather than nothing. If the NCAA has hit him with a "Show Cause", it will go a long way to proving to a judge that they had a sound reason to fire him for cause (an NCAA finding of misconduct), his W-L record had nothing to do with their action, and the suit should be dismissed without Miller's getting any money. As my classmate notes, they're still paying RichRod's buyout. Having to pay another one at the same time will really hurt their finances.

Youre assuming the ncaa acts quickly. I guess from arizonas perspective, the damage is done so screw it. But miller is basically already guilty, unless he overcomes the presumption that he is responsible for book’s conduct.

my post though was more to clarify. Id be surprised it the burden on the university is not a preponderance of the evidence, since its civil case. Its a lot easier to prove that sean milller more than likely paid players or directed players play than to prove inconvertibly, that he did. Thats a huge difference.

As I understand it, it's in the language of his contrect. If nothing else, Miller has a very clever lawyer/agent. I am under the impression that this is not typically found in most coaches' contracts

As I understand it, it's in the language of his contrect. If nothing else, Miller has a very clever lawyer/agent. I am under the impression that this is not typically found in most coaches' contracts

Interesting, seems kind of shady to have that. “Hey, i may be a cheater, but you better prove it without a sliver of doubt.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom