FBI Hoops Trial starting | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

FBI Hoops Trial starting

Perhaps that language could be vacated if they can show Miller defrauded them into believing he ran a clean program, thus inticing them to agree to the language.

Last edited:
Well that seems fairly anti-climatic. Nothing going to change. Miller probably keeping his job with the #1 ranked recruiting class next season.

Leaving court, Dawkins said he could have chosen to cooperate with prosecutors and identified coaches he knew were willing to funnel money to top athletes.
"I could have," he said. "Anybody who's paying players to me is a good guy. I think the whole case is B.S., so I wouldn't have cooperated."
Haney spoke with pride of Dawkins.
"He could have brought the whole world of college athletics to its knees and he chose not to," the lawyer said. "He was asked repeatedly by the government to cooperate. He said, 'I'm not going to give you the names of 15 to 20 coaches.' Today he leaves this courthouse winning four of six [counts]."

Leaving court, Dawkins said he could have chosen to cooperate with prosecutors and identified coaches he knew were willing to funnel money to top athletes.
"I could have," he said. "Anybody who's paying players to me is a good guy. I think the whole case is B.S., so I wouldn't have cooperated."
"He could have brought the whole world of college athletics to its knees and he chose not to," the lawyer said. "He was asked repeatedly by the government to cooperate. He said, 'I'm not going to give you the names of 15 to 20 coaches.' Today he leaves this courthouse winning four of six [counts]."
Tell all book coming soon?

The coaches paying players aren’t doing it to be “good guys”. They are cheating. They aren’t heroes. They are cheaters. They ruin the sport.

The coaches paying players aren’t doing it to be “good guys”. They are cheating. They aren’t heroes. They are cheaters. They ruin the sport.
They’re not even paying the players!

He won’t ever have to work again.

Tony Bland and Brian Bowen featured

Interesting note from that article:

“Brian [Bowen] is also awaiting a trial for a racketeering lawsuit he filed back in November against Adidas and associates James Gatto, Merl Code, Dawkins, Sood, T.J. Gassnola and Christopher Rivers. The lawsuit contends that Adidas “preyed upon” student-athletes like Bowen, who faced “exploitation” for the company’s profit.”

“Prey” sounds a bout right to me. If that case gets very far, it could reveal some very interesting stuff.

Interesting note from that article:

“Brian [Bowen] is also awaiting a trial for a racketeering lawsuit he filed back in November against Adidas and associates James Gatto, Merl Code, Dawkins, Sood, T.J. Gassnola and Christopher Rivers. The lawsuit contends that Adidas “preyed upon” student-athletes like Bowen, who faced “exploitation” for the company’s profit.”

“Prey” sounds a bout right to me. If that case gets very far, it could reveal some very interesting stuff.

Senior or junior? Because senior preyed on his son too.

Senior or junior? Because senior preyed on his son too.
Good point. Some parent(s), coaches and/or handlers were enriching themselves at the expense of the recruits, who could be declared ineligible if caught prior to the end of their college playing careers. Although Bowen Sr. claimed that Jr. didn't know about the payments, I'm sure many recruits could figure it out, if they weren't told about the specifics.

If Bowen Jr. knew about the payments, he'll look pretty stupid in his lawsuit.

Good point. Some parent(s), coaches and/or handlers were enriching themselves at the expense of the recruits, who could be declared ineligible if caught prior to the end of their college playing careers. Although Bowen Sr. claimed that Jr. didn't know about the payments, I'm sure many recruits could figure it out, if they weren't told about the specifics.

If Bowen Jr. knew about the payments, he'll look pretty stupid in his lawsuit.
If Adidas' lawyers can walk and chew gum at the same time, they'll ask him about how much he knew when they depose him under oath.

If Adidas' lawyers can walk and chew gum at the same time, they'll ask him about how much he knew when they depose him under oath.

not really sure thats true. what is a son supposed to do in that situation? he'd be foolish if he was the one taking the bribe however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom