FHCSS steps down at Maryland | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

FHCSS steps down at Maryland

I don't think he was under used as much as the previous staff just didn't have the experience to compete in a major conference on the offensive side.
You get what you pay for.
Were they bad coaches...no.

Those coaches gave LSU all it could handle on the offensive side.

And, they did the same thing against Clemson.

I became a Lester fan for three reasons: (1) it seemed that we broke more big or explosive plays with his offense last year than we have in many years; (2) he was able to run a pretty functional offense while having to rely on two very young and very inexperienced QBs and (3) I like option football that incorporates a vertical passing game.

Agree- Think Lester did a decent job considering the circumstances. Scored 20 against the #1 Defense in BC with an inexperienced walk-on QB. Lester was one of our best coaches.

Last edited:
THAT GAME HAD LESS THAN 100 PASSING YARDS COMBINED!!! IN 2015!!! THIS IS NOT GOOD OFFENSE!!!

Crouse better be ready for an uptick in cardiac arrests once people see what Babers offense is capable of.

That's why they can just build a connector right?

It will be like Veterans Stadium in Philly bringing in the magistrate.

One stop shopping, never leave the building.

Those coaches gave LSU all it could handle on the offensive side.

And, they did the same thing against Clemson.

I became a Lester fan for three reasons: (1) it seemed that we broke more big or explosive plays with his offense last year than we have in many years; (2) he was able to run a pretty functional offense while having to rely on two very young and very inexperienced QBs and (3) I like option football that incorporates a vertical passing game.

I hear what you're saying. And I liked what I saw and what is easily remembered.

But you can't look at these numbers and be happy, even with freshman/injuries:

#119 in total offense
#117 in passing offense
#77 in scoring offense
#77 in rushing offense

for fun comp, let's try Bowling Green:

#4 in total offense
#5 in passing offense
#6 in scoring offense
#52 in rushing offense

That's why they can just build a connector right?

It will be like Veterans Stadium in Philly bringing in the magistrate.

One stop shopping, never leave the building.
SANTA-RUNS-FROM-SNOWBALLS-300x200.png

I hear what you're saying. And I liked what I saw and what is easily remembered.

#119 in total offense
#117 in passing offense
#77 in scoring offense
#77 in rushing offense

#4 in total offense
#5 in passing offense
#6 in scoring offense
#52 in rushing offense
That Was fun.

#119 in total offense
#117 in passing offense
#77 in scoring offense
#77 in rushing offense

#4 in total offense
#5 in passing offense
#6 in scoring offense
#52 in rushing offense

I have to admit, that is a fun comparison.

#119 in total offense
#117 in passing offense
#77 in scoring offense
#77 in rushing offense

#4 in total offense
#5 in passing offense
#6 in scoring offense
#52 in rushing offense

Well there is that. Good lord. The offense was attriciius and the defense not much better. We have sucked for so long that we don't know what average is anymore that type of offense is just downright sad. Really is.

THAT GAME HAD LESS THAN 100 PASSING YARDS COMBINED!!! IN 2015!!! THIS IS NOT GOOD OFFENSE!!!

Crouse better be ready for an uptick in cardiac arrests once people see what Babers offense is capable of.
We did have 99% of those yards though!

Why are you still hollering about this stuff?

For the record, points are what matters to me more than passing yards. I don't think anyone is more excited about Babers than me. He was the guy I was pushing for from day one. Think he'll do great here. Just saying Lester was a decent (didn't say top-notch) OC and a very good QB coach. Hard to do great with a mediocre OL and true Freshman QBs (though we did look really good at times with Dungey). Would've liked to see how our offense would've been without that ridiculous cheap shot from the CMU players on Dungey. We were absolutely rolling that day against a decent team. Not sure if he was the same afterwards.

Last edited:
i'm going to love the harrumphing over the defense giving up a few more points simply by virtue of there being so many more plays in a game

I'm going with this theory, for no particular reason other than I just want to.

Offense brings out more people to the game.

Those people are more into the game because of the offense.

Those people scream like crazy when we're on defense, just because that's what fans do when they attend a game and they're into it.

That noise helps motivate the defense, impacts the offense, and our defense reaps the benefits.

There. Problem solved.

I'm going with this theory, for no particular reason other than I just want to.

Offense brings out more people to the game.

Those people are more into the game because of the offense.

Those people scream like crazy when we're on defense, just because that's what fans do when they attend a game and they're into it.

That noise helps motivate the defense, impacts the offense, and our defense reaps the benefits.

There. Problem solved.
hmmmm...your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom