FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread

How can Bradley not just get rid of the ball someplace instead of trying some pirouette only to lose it? The last 5 mins he list the ball or made a bad pass on 3 occasions. Not good.
Bradley missed a great chance to break up the last play. He was a step behind in the last 15 minutes.

So what's this look like? Win or draw against Germany and were in, aside from that, we root for Portugal bc of the goal differential, right?
That's it for the most part.
  • Portugal wins by less than 5. We're in (if we're not blown out).
  • Win. In.
  • Tie. In.
  • Ghana Portugal draw. In.
  • Ghana win 1-0 or low score, we're in?

Bradley missed a great chance to break up the last play. He was a step behind in the last 15 minutes.

I thought we should have just tried to kick it off the Portugal player when we had it in the corner with literally 30 seconds left.

I have to say though, this USA team is really impressing me. They beat Ghana and outplayed Portugal in a 2-2 tie. If they are as good as they've shown they will do enough against Germany. Just have to hope neither of Portugal or Ghana go on a goal spree.

God I want to throw up to have that snatched away like that. Ghana is going to destroy Portugal we need to draw Germany. I can't believe how sloppy Bradley has been 2 late games in a row.
I can't believe how that happened.

Prophet!

Do you room with John Syracuse or something? :D
I said 2-2 at the start of the day and really hate that...

Beating or even tying Germany is a huge, huge ask. Germany was napping yesterday. Won't happen again. They have an extra day's rest and will be focussed.

This was our chance. We're gonna need help in the Portugal-Ghana game.

Kicking it to the other team's GK those final minutes would have been >>>>>>>> than anything Bradley did

He acted like a goof vs Ghana too. I have no idea what he's doing at end of games.

Not true, if we lose say 3-0, then or GD is -2, And Port wins 3-0, their GD will be -3...but yeah, we really want Portugal.

If Ghana wins and we lose, we're prob goners
What if Ghana wins by 1 and we lose by 1?

What if Ghana wins by 1 and we lose by 1?
Then I believe the next criteria is total goals scored. Right now we are +1 on Ghana's total. In your scenario (assuming Ghana wins 1-0, we lose 0-1), we would be tied and the next criteria is head-to-head goals, in which we would hold the advantage.

Fabian Johnson should be able to make all of those runs against Germany. There will be goals to be had against that back line. If Deuce runs off Boateng we'll get atleast one. As for stopping Muller, Kroos, Ozil, and Gotze, I've got nothing.

The ranking of each team in each group shall be determined as follows:

a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
b) goal difference in all group matches;
c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.

If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings shall be determined as follows:

d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

Assuming Ghana doesn't have more total goals we are fine. Ghana has looked like the best team in this group thru 2 matches and only have 1 point. We need collusion with Germany play a 0-0 draw both teams advance and Germany wins group.
Jurgen needs to make a few calls to the motherland.

One occasion where I have no problems with match fixing. :D

Jurgen needs to make a few calls to the motherland.

One occasion where I have no problems with match fixing. :D
I went to a game three between Argentina and Holland at the WC in 2006 in Frankfurt. Exact same situation. A tie put both teams through. Looked like a great game on paper. It was like a D-1 practice session in reality. 0-0 draw with no team making any real effort to score. I actually left after 70 minutes laughing on my way out because I knew there would be no goals.

Collusion on Thursday? Yes, please.

I thought we should have just tried to kick it off the Portugal player when we had it in the corner with literally 30 seconds left.
That's what he was trying to do... Bradley should have broken up the play before it ever got started. Gonzalez got beat and Howard was glued to his spot. A play like that, at that point in the game, only happens if there are multiple breakdowns. You could see it in the interviews with Jurgen and Dempsey afterward. We missed our window. We need a help now.

Go
I went to a game three between Argentina and Holland at the WC in 2006 in Frankfurt. Exact same situation. A tie put both teams through. Looked like a great game on paper. It was like a D-1 practice session in reality. 0-0 draw with no team making any real effort to score. I actually left after 70 minutes laughing on my way out because I knew there would be no goals.

Collusion on Thursday? Yes, please.
Go watch the 2nd half of 2010 Spain-Chile . Chile was losing 2-1 and they colluded blantly.