Fill out the class | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Fill out the class

Btw, when should we expect to hear more recruiting news -- verbals, etc. Desperate for good news and not the manufactured BS that some are spewing around here.
It's the Dead Period. Contact Period and ovs won't start backup until 1/16.

not sure about that. the elite schools typically don't have a glaring need at any position. a grad transfer is generally not going to walk in to a situation there where they can get immediate PT.

You mean like Jonah Jackson, the Rutgirls lineman who transferred out last year to Ohio State for this season and became a 3rd team AP All-American?

You mean like Jonah Jackson, the Rutgirls lineman who transferred out last year to Ohio State for this season and became a 3rd team AP All-American?
There are always exceptions to the general rule.

Hot take: The dedication to S&C jokes should go the way of the old “Eph UConn” jokes.
OK. Your opinion matters too. Thanks for taking the time to remind everyone that you have one.

There are always exceptions to the general rule.

These are the exceptions to begin with though. Exceptional kids transferring up or moving laterally.

Just last year Ohio State (2), Oklahoma, Miami (4), Michigan, Nebraska, Florida, Texas, Auburn, Oregon, all took transfers. The list is pretty big and a lot of guys were big contributors.

Ohio State had Fields and Jackson
Oklahoma Tau
Florida got a kid from LVille (Greenard) who was huge this season.
Oregon got Juwan Johnson from Penn State. Johnson had 5 for 66 yards last night.
Parker Braun went from Georgia Tech to Texas and starts at Guard.

The Temple kid appears to be elite. I'm wagering he ends up at a blue blood.

With Freeney and Jones on our resume, I'm naming us as a blue-blood for DE's.
Orange is the new blue!

With Freeney and Jones on our resume, I'm naming us as a blue-blood for DE's.
Orange is the new blue!
With the way we end up being teased by these A-listers, Orange is the new blue balls!

giphy.gif

With the holiday hustle I may have missed (or didn't). Did it ever come out who the person that signed but wasn't announced?

Was it Bleich sp that was being referenced?

Less than a month until the Feb signing day and things have been pretty quiet. Do people think they will close out the 2020 scholarship class with Chase Atkinson and use the remaining 4 spots for transfers?

Less than a month until the Feb signing day and things have been pretty quiet. Do people think they will close out the 2020 scholarship class with Chase Atkinson and use the remaining 4 spots for transfers?

No.

I think it will unfold similarly to last year -- where a bunch of names will surface that aren't known now, and that the coaches will pull some impressive names [a la Munoz] that aren't currently on the board's radar.

I also expect that they'll keep at least 1 open for fifth year transfer options that emerge after spring semester.

No.

I think it will unfold similarly to last year -- where a bunch of names will surface that aren't known now, and that the coaches will pull some impressive names [a la Munoz] that aren't currently on the board's radar.

I also expect that they'll keep at least 1 open for fifth year transfer options that emerge after spring semester.
I would agree with this but I think you have to consider the sheer number of prospects in the transfer portal. That is a new variable. I think it's equally likely that one or two spots get filled with transfers if we can land the right guy.

Looks like the DB from Mays, GA might get a spot. Durante Jones 6-2 170. Seems like it might be between him or Atkinson (and we're taking a DB). I'm assuming Atkinson has grade concerns though. He's set to visit Jan16, but why would they not have had him visit and sign early?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom