Fill out the class | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fill out the class

I will throw another name out there that I think should be considered for a late offer for this class.

Jessie Parson III of New Rochelle HS. Jessie led New Rochelle to a state championship this season. Averages 14 + ypc running the ball. Returns kicks, can play RB, can play WR, can play CB. 5’10 165 pounds. One of the fastest HS athletes in NYS. 10.78 100.

His highlight tape is impressive.

We are in good shape at RB and WR but when you have a chance to get someone with his speed and play making ability, I think you take it. He doesn’t appear to have profiles with the major recruiting services and is appears to be largely unknown. As best I can determine, he only has an offer from Fordham.

He has to be the best big play guy in the state. If his HUDL tape can be believed, his GPA and SAT scores are fine. I wonder why he doesn’t have more offers? Transcript issues? He transferred from Maryland and has only been at New Rochelle for 2 years so that might explain things a little bit.

Last edited:
I will throw another name out there that I think should be considered for a late offer for this class.

Jessie Parson III of New Rochelle HS. Jessie led New Rochelle to a state championship this season. Averages 14 + ypc running the ball. Returns kicks, can play RB, can play WR, can play CB. 5’10 165 pounds. One of the fastest HS athletes in NYS. 10.78 100.

We are in good shape at RB and WR but when you have a chance to get someone with his speed and play making ability, I think you take it. He doesn’t appear to have profiles with the major recruiting services and is appears to be largely unknown. As best I can determine, he only has an offer from Fordham.

He has to be the best big play guy in the state. If his HUDL tape can be believed, his GPA and SAT scores are fine. I wonder why he doesn’t have more offers? Transcript issues? He transferred from Maryland and has only been at New Rochelle for 2 years so that might explain things a little bit.
Could he perhaps be a PWO or would he have to be offer only?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how dedicated is he to strength and conditioning?

Isn't Qadir too tall for center? Maybe that's not a thing, but even if able, I would worry that at 6'7" he would block the view of the middle of the field too much, but maybe I'm being too fussy about the difference 4" makes (that's what she said).
Watching the LSU game, there are guys with big guts that move well enough. How come out mountain of a man can't do the same?

Isn't Qadir too tall for center? Maybe that's not a thing, but even if able, I would worry that at 6'7" he would block the view of the middle of the field too much, but maybe I'm being too fussy about the difference 4" makes (that's what she said).
Last I heard, Qadir was working some at center. With Servais presumably done at center (that experiment was a disaster) and Heckel’s career in jeopardy, someone needs to be moved to center. Probably two players.

I am guessing it will be White and Ilaoa.

Last I heard, Qadir was working some at center. With Servais presumably done at center (that experiment was a disaster) and Heckel’s career in jeopardy, someone needs to be moved to center. Probably two players.

three legged sack.jpg

Fair enough. I am not doubting you, just assuming there has to be a lineman with physical stats that better align with that role/position. 6'7" seems tall to me. If he can do the job I sure don't care how tall he is.

Watching the LSU game, there are guys with big guts that move well enough. How come out mountain of a man can't do the same?
I hope he can. I have little problem throwing some big bellied linemen out there. I kinda want to see it in fact, especially if we are looking to run more/better and honestly, we didn't go that fast this season. I watched OSU tonight go fast in the first half. We have not done that in 2019.

Fair enough. I am not doubting you, just assuming there has to be a lineman with physical stats that better align with that role/position. 6'7" seems tall to me. If he can do the job I sure don't care how tall he is.
You can get away with being relatively short more at C or OG than OT but it isn’t a requirement. The starting centers for the 4 teams that made the playoffs this year, for example, are listed at 6’5, 6’5, 6’5 and 6’4.

I know the staff has at least experimented with playing him there. We have had some problems finding a center who can hold his ground and stand up to 320 pound nose guards. White is probably a lot better suited to doing this than say a 270 pound Servais.

Reed
Snively
Magnuson-I like his DL tape
Atkinson
Washington
Yellen
McLemore

You can get away with being relatively short more at C or OG than OT but it isn’t a requirement. The starting centers for the 4 teams that made the playoffs this year, for example, are listed at 6’5, 6’5, 6’5 and 6’4.

I know the staff has at least experimented with playing him there. We have had some problems finding a center who can hold his ground and stand up to 320 pound nose guards. White is probably a lot better suited to doing this than say a 270 pound Servais.

In my opinion, you need to also consider the height difference between the QB and C. In order of performance (as well as height discrepancy):
Clemson QB 6'6" C 6'5" (-1)
LSU QB 6'4" C 6'4" (0)
OSU QB 6'3" C 6'5" (+2)
OU QB 6'2" C 6'5" (+3)

HS QB
CB
DT
JUCO DT
JUCO OT (Reed)

keep one open heading into the spring / summer, to see what shakes loose on the 5th year transfer market

There would seem to be limited options at the HS QB position available, no? Do we even have anyone on our radar?

Ted Gregory, Tim Green, Chandler Jones and Dwight Freeney while the other 2 can be from this board for all I care...get me this and Dino will compete for the National Championship.

Seriously though SU needs a guy at DT that can at worst draw 2 OL guys attention. Give SU just one of these and things will change dramatically...in a good way.

Ted Gregory, Tim Green, Chandler Jones and Dwight Freeney while the other 2 can be from this board for all I care...get me this and Dino will compete for the National Championship.

Seriously though SU needs a guy at DT that can at worst draw 2 OL guys attention. Give SU just one of these and things will change dramatically...in a good way.
Might as well put Jim Brown and Joe Morris in your backfield, Kevin Mitchell next to TG the D-line, Donovan McNabb in the pocket, Chris Gedney at TE and Kevin Abrams at DB while you're at it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom