Fill out the class | Syracusefan.com

Fill out the class

I hope
OL Reed is one

Wouldn't mind Leif

After that I think we are all probably in the dark on whom the staff may be targeting

I hope
OL Reed is one

Wouldn't mind Leif

After that I think we are all probably in the dark on whom the staff may be targeting
Atkinson is suppose to take his OV in January.

Atkinson is suppose to take his OV in January.
So 3

Leaves 2-3 open spots

I'd presume a QB is one, maybe 2 of those spots

A DL is probably one

Then?

Two Qbs (transfer/2020); two DTs; someone who's a talent upgrade at any position (maybe Reed?).

OT - Reed
RB - Ja'tarie Washington
QB (PS) - who we don't know (but I'd be very happy with Yellen)
DT - who we don't know
CB- Atkinson
hhhhmmmmmmm...OL, C? who we don't know

2 DTs
2 QBs - Yellen and another JUCO/Transfer
OT - Reed
CB - Atkinson

On my roster, we are just about set at OL. Room for one more. Would be really surprised if we took Reed and Magnuson. Unless we take Magnuson at DL, which I would support and which i think is a real possibility.

Leif was listed primarily as a DE up until recently. He has played a lot of DL and is good there and with his frame and pedigree, I am confident he will continue to fill out,

Whlie he is from Saskatoon, he played last year at Mississauga, ON, which is between Toronto and Buffalo.

Our primary competition for Leif is Indiana, who just lost their OC. He is becoming the HC at Fresno State. My guess is that this helps our chances for him, if we decide we want him. Not sure if he will be best at OL or DL but I know guys with his agility and physical nature don’t grow on trees.

Agree we need to add 2 DT/NG types. Magnuson is listed at 270 last I knew. That is close enough for me.

No idea who the 2nd DT/NG might be, but I would be good getting a 6’4, 250 or so athletic guy with a big frame and develop him.

Agree we need 2 QBs. Hope one can be 2020 and one can be a transfer. Our depth at QB is so bad now we should be in a position where any QB who wants to play early should be interested in coming here.

I choose to count Atkinson at DB. That leaves maybe one more scholarship. I would probably give it to the best available LB. Washington looks very good but we are in good shape at RB right now. We have 2 or 3 too many WRs and I expect movement here. Towards that end, I have Tabor starting at nickel, Barron starting at TE and Wax starting at MIKE.

I expect Mang is going to become an OT down the road and Qadir and Josh Ilaoa to end up at center. Someone has to.

I personally think Jatarie will get a PWO at the least.

I saw Qadir dressed last home game and the one thing that stuck out to me is that young man is big and not a good game ready kind of big. I wonder if he is having challenges in that regard.
To fill out the rest I agree 2 QBs & DTs. We should be hitting that portal hard. I want a transfer Center as well. We are one injury to V and back to last season again on the line. No thanks, I want no part of that. Bring a Center in. A must need in my opinion.

Magnuson has some pretty good tape on the DLine.

I expect Mang is going to become an OT down the road and Qadir and Josh Ilaoa to end up at center. Someone has to.
Isn't Qadir too tall for center? Maybe that's not a thing, but even if able, I would worry that at 6'7" he would block the view of the middle of the field too much, but maybe I'm being too fussy about the difference 4" makes (that's what she said).

On my roster, we are just about set at OL. Room for one more. Would be really surprised if we took Reed and Magnuson. Unless we take Magnuson at DL, which I would support and which i think is a real possibility.

Leif was listed primarily as a DE up until recently. He has played a lot of DL and is good there and with his frame and pedigree, I am confident he will continue to fill out,

Whlie he is from Saskatoon, he played last year at Mississauga, ON, which is between Toronto and Buffalo.

Our primary competition for Leif is Indiana, who just lost their OC. He is becoming the HC at Fresno State. My guess is that this helps our chances for him, if we decide we want him. Not sure if he will be best at OL or DL but I know guys with his agility and physical nature don’t grow on trees.

Agree we need to add 2 DT/NG types. Magnuson is listed at 270 last I knew. That is close enough for me.

No idea who the 2nd DT/NG might be, but I would be good getting a 6’4, 250 or so athletic guy with a big frame and develop him.

Agree we need 2 QBs. Hope one can be 2020 and one can be a transfer. Our depth at QB is so bad now we should be in a position where any QB who wants to play early should be interested in coming here.

I choose to count Atkinson at DB. That leaves maybe one more scholarship. I would probably give it to the best available LB. Washington looks very good but we are in good shape at RB right now. We have 2 or 3 too many WRs and I expect movement here. Towards that end, I have Tabor starting at nickel, Barron starting at TE and Wax starting at MIKE.

Did Snively sign somewhere? Are we still on him?

Reed
Atkinson
Washington if he checks out medically
2 QBs(hopefully Dungey Junior from Cali as one of them)
DT to be determined

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom