Filling the "no sports" void | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Filling the "no sports" void

RPI dropped 22 on me in the 4th for one hell of a comeback win. Ughh, I needed that one haha
Hopefully next season we see some of the results of the rebuild

RPI dropped 22 on me in the 4th for one hell of a comeback win. Ughh, I needed that one haha
Hopefully next season we see some of the results of the rebuild
No idea where that offensive explosion came from but I certainly wasn't expecting that. Good game

Good game the other day FloridaFan by defense finally showed up and your O did not it seems.
I'm up 20-15 vs Hop at half, hoping to pull the pick upset!

Lost 16-0 to Ursinius..Ill take it. by far their closest game. (minus the loss)

Good game the other day FloridaFan by defense finally showed up and your O did not it seems.
I'm up 20-15 vs Hop at half, hoping to pull the pick upset!
Gg. This happened last year two. The 4-5 game losing streak at the end of the year

I was down 13-0 at half...and noticed they were just running the ball. I went full run defense and held them to 3 in the second half.

Finally opened the season with a W, and a good one at that. Hoping this season is the one where everything comes together.
I kinda set myself up for failure in the next two seasons. About to lose a bunch of offense, with not much coming up the pipe. Not sure why I thought I needed 8 linebackers and 9 DBs, but I should have pulled in another OL or two, same with WR.
Depending on how this season and maybe next goes, I might take a peak at D2.

KaiserUEO Jobs are either open now, or will be open soon. I think we forgot to give you a heads up last time
i just assumed there would be alerts. this is the 1st one i have got in a while.

Man, what a rebuild.. Took over a pretty sorry looking Hobart team. Felt good about my recruiting class, which was ranked #1 in DIII, partly because the amount of recruits I had to grab.
1st season we went 1-12 (0-8 in conference). It was tough, I started to rethink my career choice. Where did I learn how to coach, UCONN!?
2nd season saw some improvement. 5-8 (3-5). Was seeing some growth and started to get excited for the future.
This season. 7-0 (2-0) ranked 9th in the country. Not going to lie, I scheduled my OCC like I was rutgers. Supposed to be cupcake city. Only 2 out of 5 turned out to be trash, the are currently above 500. I have #24 Ursinus and #7 RPI coming up on the schedule, but would be stoked to go 10-3 on the season.

Taking some hits in the LB and WR positions after this season. I think I'll be fine at LB but need to recruit some stud WRs or might have an issue two seasons from now.

Depending on board participation, I might head to DII after this season or next, also depending on what job offers are out there after each season.

Man, what a rebuild.. Took over a pretty sorry looking Hobart team. Felt good about my recruiting class, which was ranked #1 in DIII, partly because the amount of recruits I had to grab.
1st season we went 1-12 (0-8 in conference). It was tough, I started to rethink my career choice. Where did I learn how to coach, UCONN!?
2nd season saw some improvement. 5-8 (3-5). Was seeing some growth and started to get excited for the future.
This season. 7-0 (2-0) ranked 9th in the country. Not going to lie, I scheduled my OCC like I was rutgers. Supposed to be cupcake city. Only 2 out of 5 turned out to be trash, the are currently above 500. I have #24 Ursinus and #7 RPI coming up on the schedule, but would be stoked to go 10-3 on the season.

Taking some hits in the LB and WR positions after this season. I think I'll be fine at LB but need to recruit some stud WRs or might have an issue two seasons from now.

Depending on board participation, I might head to DII after this season or next, also depending on what job offers are out there after each season.
You are crushing it this season for sure. I can't seem to get it going at F&M treading water at one or two games over .500.
I would be interesting to see what DII looks like next season.

Nice job! I’ll join again when I have a job

Was thinkin about you the other day. Hope ya land something quickly! Any good leads?
Looking at working in a coke warehouse. I’ve been watching 5 kids all summer so I didn’t have the ability to truly search yet

I'd be up for a move to D2, but kind of wanting to keep building at RPI as well. I have a pretty easy 4 game stretch before closing out the season with Ursinus and Hobart. Could we be poised to close the season with a top-10 battle?

I could go either way- Another year at Hobart, or jumping up to D2. Thoughts?

I moved to D2 last season and went 8-5 (8-6 including loss in conf champ game). NODAK St. the one part of this that kills me is recruiting. I have no clue how people get these all stars as freshman EVERY YEAR. anyone have any tips?

Disappointing end to what was a promising year for me. I'm down for moving to D2, I don;t see us knocking off Ursinus any time soon where we are

I’m bowing out for a bit. Work is crazy busy right now. Might jump in a month or two if you guys are still doing it.

I moved to D2 last season and went 8-5 (8-6 including loss in conf champ game). NODAK St. the one part of this that kills me is recruiting. I have no clue how people get these all stars as freshman EVERY YEAR. anyone have any tips?

Isn't D2 set up a little different for recruiting and game planning? A little more in depth?
I think we need to pull the trigger today or tomorrow. I'm good either way

Isn't D2 set up a little different for recruiting and game planning? A little more in depth?
I think we need to pull the trigger today or tomorrow. I'm good either way
well...I’ve done it the same way as D3. I learned a bit about recruiting so I will see if that pans out. Kentucky State is available and good if you want to join ASAP

I opted to put my name in for Fayetteville St. in the CIAA - looked at the # of scholarships to fill, history etc and figured it was going to be the smoothest transition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom