Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales

How Many New Season Tickets Added by Clemson Kickoff?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Many of those concessions are run by non profits. The University charges them for expenses like the food, drinks, snacks, supplies etc that are used and any profit or loss is the non profits.
You sound crazy :p

Can. Not. Wait. The hell with Summer, I wanna see the Dome rock like it did in the 90s again. You'd walk through the doors and you could just feel the electricity in the air. That's going to be a special day, with old friends coming into town to tailgate.
How’s this for a great new cheer for @ Dino’s loud house” We’re from Syracuse & couldn’t be prouder & if you can’t hear us we’ll yell a little louder! Repeat as much as needed! GO ORANGE!!

It's amazing to check in on a thread that should be overwhelmingly positive, yet see so much griping.

NEW season tickets are closing in on 8k.

Renewal rates are above 90%.

We're coming off 10 wins, capped off by beating our old foes in WV, in front of a juiced orange FL crowd.

Total season tickets will likely be close to 30k.

Team has super momentum heading into the season, now about 6 weeks away.

How long have we waited for this?!

ENJOY THE FRIGGING RIDE, FOLKS!!!

It's amazing to check in on a thread that should be overwhelmingly positive, yet see so much griping.

We're coming off 10 wins, capped off by beating our old foes in WV, in front of a juiced orange FL crowd.

But what if some of those people are only there for 3 hours instead of 4???

How’s this for a great new cheer for @ Dino’s loud house” We’re from Syracuse & couldn’t be prouder & if you can’t hear us we’ll yell a little louder! Repeat as much as needed! GO ORANGE!!
I have to laugh. Eliminate the Syracuse and it's the cheer used in my high school 60 years ago. :p

I have to laugh. Eliminate the Syracuse and it's the cheer used in my high school 60 years ago. :p
Hah! Same here (not 60 years though). The "Repeat as necessary" chant is an odd, new twist, though:cool:

Not griping at all here. Was making a comment that I wish they were more strategic where they put the student section based on recent history and perceived enthusiasm. But that was as an aside and maybe this is the wrong thread.

People can be fans of a team without being a die-hard. Casuals are a big portion of ticket sales.
Fans of a team don't make comments like " does Syracuse have a single good player on their team? followed by... " no.. the ACC is trash in football"
i literally pulled my car over while ubering these idiot students and schooled the hell out of them. One thing i cannot stand is people who claim to be fans and at the same time know nothing about the sport.

There is nothing better than a packed, energetic student section. The rest of the crowd feeds off their intensity. Spreading students out isn't a good idea.
I don't agree at all. The students jingle their car keys still. That alone kills your argument.

Pretty much everything is good.

Hope the student section can start acting like a good football school student section and show up on time for the game and stay until the outcome is decided. They’re all on the cameras on those pregame TV shots on the team running out. They need to be there.

Fans of a team don't make comments like " does Syracuse have a single good player on their team? followed by... " no.. the ACC is trash in football"
i literally pulled my car over while ubering these idiot students and schooled the hell out of them. One thing i cannot stand is people who claim to be fans and at the same time know nothing about the sport.

Zero stars. Way to go.

I'll take "Things That Never Happened" for $400, Alex.

Hope the student section can start acting like a good football school student section and show up on time for the game and stay until the outcome is decided. They’re all on the cameras on those pregame TV shots on the team running out. They need to be there.
Hopefully the rest of the fans that bought season tickets show up for all the other games besides Clemson and don't just put the rest of their seats on Seatgeek or Stubhub.

And also, hopefully they decide to show up on time for the game and stay until the outcome is decided. They're all on the cameras on the shots during kickoff and the entire game that you can see on the TV.

Hopefully the rest of the fans that bought season tickets show up for all the other games besides Clemson and don't just put the rest of their seats on Seatgeek or Stubhub.

And also, hopefully they decide to show up on time for the game and stay until the outcome is decided. They're all on the cameras on the shots during kickoff and the entire game that you can see on the TV.

I think that will happen for the most part. Some are more passionate than others, but you pretty much know what you’re getting there. I don’t think much changes there.

The students that actually go to the school - I’m hoping they’ll set the tone.

I remember maybe 10 years back when they really focused on improving the student section for b-ball. For a few years, it seemed to work and I think it made a big difference to the overall atmosphere of the Dome.

I’m hoping to see something similar for football, with the extreme positive momentum in the program and in the ticket sales. Would love to see a large(for the size of the school) and passionate student fanbase become a thing here.

Their sections are the ones that too often stand out as noticeably empty before the game - or occasionally noticeably full very early on(I imagine for Clemson that section will be packed before all the others). Those are the sections that often noticeably empty out at halftime when the game is going bad or if it’s simply time to go to the bars. Theyre the wildcard, IMO.

There are ways to combat that as well. My oldest went to U of Montana. Football tix were free for up to the first 2,000 students, but they had to go to the ticket office on Tuesday morning of game week to claim their spot. If they failed to show for the game, they lost their privilege (it was all tracked on their ID cards). They also had the option of buying their season tix and avoid all of that, which also gave them a ticket for their rival, Montana St, which was always a sell out and not part of the free package. It also let the university put the unclaimed tix up for sale mid week.
Btw, they draw pretty well and their student section is pretty full and rowdy at game time.

I too am disgusted with the amount of fans who don't care to be in their seats for the teams coming out, or for the first quarter for that matter.
Yeah. I don't think the problem is as big at other schools, especially state schools. You get more kids that have grown up loving their state treams and some will choose the school just to experience the sports. Then the out of state students get caught up in the excitement and become fans. Tennessee started making students pay about 10 years ago and it wasn't because students weren't showing when it was free. I knew one girl that graduated a semester late just to have one more season of football before she entered the real world.

I think showing up on time is an issue with almost every sporting event in the US due to security. I'm a crazy person who get to the airport 3 hours before my flight and prefers to arrive at sporting events an hour before they're supposed to start (especially at the Dome because I don't get to go often and love taking it all in); but most people aren't like that and security is something people forget about. Even for me, if I'm going to a game at MSG after work I'm usually at least a few minutes late because there's a massive security line.

Incentivizing various groups (clubs, Greek life) for attendance at games and arriving early might be good. Maybe all students in their seats 20 minutes before kickoff get a free tshirt/sandwich/gift card (can make it a sponsored promotion).

Here’s kind of what I’m talking about: team is doing well and has a big game against a good NC State team. 5-2 vs. 5-1. Pretty big and lively crowd. Why are the sections on both sides of where the team runs out largely empty? It’s literally the first thing you see on the telecast. Looks terrible. And it was actually a good sized crowd as you can see a little later.

I think that will happen for the most part. Some are more passionate than others, but you pretty much know what you’re getting there. I don’t think much changes there.

The students that actually go to the school - I’m hoping they’ll set the tone.

I remember maybe 10 years back when they really focused on improving the student section for b-ball. For a few years, it seemed to work and I think it made a big difference to the overall atmosphere of the Dome.

I’m hoping to see something similar for football, with the extreme positive momentum in the program and in the ticket sales. Would love to see a large(for the size of the school) and passionate student fanbase become a thing here.

Their sections are the ones that too often stand out as noticeably empty before the game - or occasionally noticeably full very early on(I imagine for Clemson that section will be packed before all the others). Those are the sections that often noticeably empty out at halftime when the game is going bad or if it’s simply time to go to the bars. Theyre the wildcard, IMO.

So you're telling me that the 3,000 in the student section (that will actually probably be there for all our games this year) is more important than the TV side of the Dome that routinely looks half empty until the end of the first quarter?

No way.

The biggest issue, perception-wise, that the program will have this year is the late arriving lower level fans outside of the Clemson game. Especially with the STs sold. Show rate is going to be a HUGE issue, and if the amount of seats on Stubhub means tickets are selling for $6 for every other game, ST retention will also be an issue if the team is worse than 8-4.

That might depend on how well they play Sep 14. Just a little.

Here’s kind of what I’m talking about: team is doing well and has a big game against a good NC State team. 5-2 vs. 5-1. Pretty big and lively crowd. Why are the sections on both sides of where the team runs out largely empty? It’s literally the first thing you see on the telecast. Looks terrible. And it was actually a good sized crowd as you can see a little later.

I tend to agree with Bnoro. If we're strictly talking about aesthetics, the copious silver between the 20s on the away sideline for the entire game is a much worse look than empty seats around the tunnel.

I really wish SU would flip the field and have the TV cameras film the home sideline, it's always much more full than the away side.

And look, people can do what they want. If the students prefer to tailgate right up until kickoff and show up a few minutes late, it's far from the end of the world. When I was a season ticket holder in the 90s/00s there were many a game when my crew would show up right at kickoff, because we were having a good time in the parking lot. Especially for the noon kicks when tailgate time is compressed.