Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales

How Many New Season Tickets Added by Clemson Kickoff?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, I know I am not athletic director
More tongue in cheek I suppose? I guess thank god because even with your edited post, threatening the students, the whole reason there is a team on the field, seems like a good way to keep them away.

I remember a time when “fans” complained about the student section at a hoops game and Dome operations cracked down on “behavior” at halftime. They were standing and chanting. Boeheim refused to put the team on the floor for the second half until the student section was returned to the students. Some people just get it. He was a student, he got it.

More tongue in cheek I suppose? I guess thank god because even with your edited post, threatening the students, the whole reason there is a team on the field, seems like a good way to keep them away.

I remember a time when “fans” complained about the student section at a hoops game and Dome operations cracked down on “behavior” at halftime. They were standing and chanting. Boeheim refused to put the team on the floor for the second half until the student section was returned to the students. Some people just get it. He was a student, he got it.

Dude it’s not a threat to say student tickets cost X but anyone who gets to their seats 15 minutes before kickoff gets in for half price. It’s a carrot not a stick.

I’m moving on. This was just a “hey it would be cool if” thought that you have turned into an argument. Hopefully the university figures out a way to incentivize e on time arrivals this year so that we don’t have massive swaths of gray benches on national TV. Thinking that there are fewer noon kicks is a good start.

Peace out from Middlesex Cty NJ...

Dude it’s not a threat to say student tickets cost X but anyone who gets to their seats 15 minutes before kickoff gets in for half price. It’s a carrot not a stick.

I’m moving on. This was just a “hey it would be cool if” thought that you have turned into an argument. Hopefully the university figures out a way to incentivize e on time arrivals this year so that we don’t have massive swaths of gray benches on national TV. Thinking that there are fewer noon kicks is a good start.

Peace out from Middles e x Cty NJ...
I agree that it would be cool to have everyone in their seat early. I’m sorry if I came down too hard, it’s just a sensitive spot for me, in part because of the stuff I mentioned before. Making students pay full price on top of tuition to punish them is very different from offering 1/2 price for being early. My only point is that despite our collective frustration wanting a full house, the students are important and need to be valued, not chastised.

I agree that it would be cool to have everyone in their seat early. I’m sorry if I came down too hard, it’s just a sensitive spot for me, in part because of the stuff I mentioned before. Making students pay full price on top of tuition to punish them is very different from offering 1/2 price for being early. My only point is that despite our collective frustration wanting a full house, the students are important and need to be valued, not chastised.

As someone who still has a massive student debt 20 years post grad I assure you your points do not fall on deaf ears

Pretty much everything is good.

Hope the student section can start acting like a good football school student section and show up on time for the game and stay until the outcome is decided. They’re all on the cameras on those pregame TV shots on the team running out. They need to be there.

I’d say the same thing about the fans in general.

All I know is when I see a packed, ear splitting loud, well oiled Dome on 14Sep19, I know I will have an ear to ear :) ! This will be the first time this staff and these players will finally hear what the term Loud House really means. Go Orange!!!!
It's not their fault. They didn't know.

Then you don’t have a student section. Not directed at you necessarily (maybe more at Macky44 ) but everyone here seems to be talking about large state schools. We are a midsized private school. If those same students decided to pursue other college options, the school would either move or close. It doesn’t survive on state funding. Your tax dollars do not pay for its existence. Without those students, your “professional” team no longer exists. There is a reason the “business” caters to its most important “customers”.
The student section could be the 300 level above the tunnel. They haven't shown they deserve the 100 level is my point. Hopefully they change that.

I guess. My answer was as silly as your question. A student section is a section for all the students, not a smattering of sections that make it even less enticing for students to go. I’d be happy to tell you how annoying it was as a student to be told by a “non-student” I was drunk because I was having fun, or “sit down I can’t see and I paid a lot of money for this seat” like my ticket cost wasn’t already on top of my tuition payment. If you don’t get it, I’m not sure you will. It’s fun to sit with likeminded people your age, sharing another college experience. It’s fun to create the chants that stick, the ones we all want. You want to eliminate all that potential for the look on TV when the team runs out.
Ive been going to games since 1980 when i ( and The Dome) was born. Ive only seen legit student sections in the. 80s and 90s. Times have changed since then sure... but let's not act like they are trying to do anything but get on tv or the kiss cam these days. This discussion is boring now.

This is bull. The only time i recall students being asked to stop something was the Hey, you suck chant. Da da da da Go SU... We're gonna kick the out of you. They didn't want it on espn.

Im on board with students getting in free. They still wouldn't fill the section for football or get there on time is the issue.

This is bull. The only time i recall students being asked to stop something was the Hey, you suck chant. Da da da da Go SU... We're gonna kick the out of you. They didn't want it on espn.
And families should be able to bring little kids without having to hear a huge crowd chant it.

Struggling to find an article, but I assure you this happened. I believe non-students complained the sour sitrus society was too loud and the Dome told them to remove the drums and quiet the horns. JB caught wind of it in the halftime locker room and said he wouldn’t bring his team out until it was resolved. He then came out clapping and encouraging the student section to be louder. I believe it was around the early 2000’s. Maybe someone else can help with info.

The student section could be the 300 level above the tunnel. They haven't shown they deserve the 100 level is my point. Hopefully they change that.
My seats freshman year were with my back to the wall at the top of the Dome. The “incentive” was that if you keep buying, maybe you’ll have a good seat four years from now. Almost stopped me dead in my tracks. That’s when I met some fellow students with access to better tickets and after my sophomore year, I stopped buying all together as other students granted me access to even better free tickets.
I suppose the band should also be removed from their seats, as I never see them on TV at halftime when the team returns to the tunnel.

Prepare to earmuffs you kids all game even without that chant if you don’t want them to hear bad language.
An individual(s) using intermittent foul language is one thing. A crowd chanting something vulgar (something intended for everyone to take part in), and the university supporting it, is something else.

I completely understand kids can't be shielded from everything, but that doesn't mean I'm taking a 6 year old to a Quintin Tarantino movie.

Please explain to me how vulgarity makes a chant more fun. Sports is about fun, right?

An individual(s) using intermittent foul language is one thing. A crowd chanting something vulgar (something intended for everyone to take part in), and the university supporting it, is something else.

I completely understand kids can't be shielded from everything, but that doesn't mean I'm taking a 6 year old to a Quintin Tarantino movie.

Please explain to me how vulgarity makes a chant more fun. Sports is about fun, right?

I don't know, LSU's band playing 'Neck' and Alabama playing 'Dixieland Delight' over the load speakers always looked fun to me.

Obviously NSFW:

Dixieland Delight Returns (Missouri at Alabama 10/13/18)

I personally am a fan of chants like the Hey Song but I understand parents may dislike them because of their vulgarity... but I LOVED hearing them as a kid. I knew there were words I couldn't say but everyone once in a while I could sneak one by my dad or he decided he was okay with it for the game. It's a college sporting event, there's going to be some vulgar phrases used. There's obviously a line for what can and cannot be said but everyone wants to shift that line to where everything is a PG-rated family affair. I disagree with it. I can understand the other side but I think the core of the issue is parents wanting to avoid any sort of difficult conversation with their kids and shelter them from anything that might be mildly uncomfortable.

Also, hearing someone say SHI* is not remotely comparable to a Tarantino film where the blood and violence can have a genuine psychological impact on a child. I'm sure kids hear their parents cuss every time they stub their toe and aren't damaged for it. That's an asinine analogy to infer.