Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales

How Many New Season Tickets Added by Clemson Kickoff?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
good riddance. Syracuse is essentially a pro team in my mind. I don't even count students in the fan base. Its all locals. I dont want to start a war over that though...so i digress.
Yeah, why bother having the one demographic that every pro sports team struggles to attract come out to the game. Let's just get rid of them and let the average age of each fan keep going up. That's a great plan to keep the Dome full too.

Not to mention, the students probably will end up being the biggest donors, especially the ones that went there when the team was good.

I literally work in ticket sales. People who like free things aren't spending crazy money at the concession stands.
This...I've seen it. Many will spend nothing, some will buy a soda or water or a coney. A few will drop $20+ on concessions.

That said it is still a good thing to make some tickets available to the military, etc...

This...I've seen it. Many will spend nothing, some will buy a soda or water or a coney. A few will drop $20+ on concessions.

That said it is still a good thing to make some tickets available to the military, etc...
The 50% off concession if you arrive 30 minutes early has been awesome. I let my kids get whatever they want. Nachos? yep Cotton Candy? sure, whatever. Pretzel? no problem. we walk away with $60 of stuff for $30. No way I would have ever spent $60 for that stuff, but they have me at $30.

The 50% off concession if you arrive 30 minutes early has been awesome. I let my kids get whatever they want. Nachos? yep Cotton Candy? sure, whatever. Pretzel? no problem. we walk away with $60 of stuff for $30. No way I would have ever spent $60 for that stuff, but they have me at $30.
That is a great deal...unfortunate for me I arrive at kickoff due to FineMess obligations. Plus I'm usually pretty full by then. I always go to my secret spot in the Dome to buy Lipton Pure Leaf Unsweet Iced Tea in a bottle though by the middle of the first Quarter...

Is beer 50% off?

The Buffalo Bills are good for upstate NY.

I don't understand the thought of wanting a major league franchise to leave the area.

Ugh.
The Bills may be a net economic driver (regionally), but he's right that they haven't cared a hoot about SU since Polian left.

Last edited:
I would say of the student population that shows up 25% are actually hardcore fans. The rest are there for the event not because they truly care about the game unfortunately.
25 is being super kind. If i could tell you the infuriatingly uneducated crap these " fans" say while im ubering them you would blow a top.

Yeah, why bother having the one demographic that every pro sports team struggles to attract come out to the game. Let's just get rid of them and let the average age of each fan keep going up. That's a great plan to keep the Dome full too.

Not to mention, the students probably will end up being the biggest donors, especially the ones that went there when the team was good.
My parents brought me, i bring my kids. Thats how it works actually. You can chill a bit, im being fairly sarcastic.

I just don’t like that they are all in that one block. They are late arrivers it looks terrible. Why can’t they scatter them more?

Those times when the team is ready to come out of the tunnel all fired up and the student section right next to them is mostly empty is certainly cringe worthy.

I wonder how the 50% of concessions thing a half hour before the game has affected students getting there earlier?

How about if those seats aren’t filled by the time the team comes out of the tunnel, then they become first come/first served seating for everybody? Like, anyone in the Dome can move into those seats.

If students are too late, they can head to a student overflow section in the rafters.

Also, make student tickets free.

Those times when the team is ready to come out of the tunnel all fired up and the student section right next to them is mostly empty is certainly cringe worthy.

I wonder how the 50% of concessions thing a half hour before the game has affected students getting there earlier?

How about if those seats aren’t filled by the time the team comes out of the tunnel, then they become first come/first served seating for everybody? Like, anyone in the Dome can move into those seats.

If students are too late, they can head to a student overflow section in the rafters.

Also, make student tickets free.
Student tickets being free = less show rate.

There's no incentive for students to get to the game because there is no financial responsibility attached. It's been tried before. It's failed before.

And you know what else is embarrassing? When the rest of the Dome isn't filled when the team runs out of the tunnel. That's a little more than the 3 sections held for students. Good thing we won't have that problem this season.

People can be fans of a team without being a die-hard. Casuals are a big portion of ticket sales.
I remember when I was in college (Oswego St). I was one of the few die hard Cuse fans there. (I mean to go out in the parking lot and turn on my radio to WSYR hard core to listen to the game). Probably 1/3rd of the student population was from CNY. That said many of those casual fans did become solid Cuse fans after graduation...even the ones that moved South.

Student tickets being free = less show rate.

There's no incentive for students to get to the game because there is no financial responsibility attached. It's been tried before. It's failed before.

And you know what else is embarrassing? When the rest of the Dome isn't filled when the team runs out of the tunnel. That's a little more than the 3 sections held for students. Good thing we won't have that problem this season.

Free tickets have been tried at Cuse? Didn’t know that.
Don’t a lot of other schools do it?

As you said - little more than 3 sections for students, and they’re often noticeably empty at the beginning...and again after halftime. Far more noticeable than the rest of the Dome.

The increase in ticket sales is exciting. I hope students do their part this year, even in the games when everything isn’t absolutely perfect for them.