Final Four Predictions 2023 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Final Four Predictions 2023

Princeton: They return a lot from a final four team last year, English, Macksey, Slusher and Vardaro should be a really exciting offense. On defense they lose their goalie and their top d-man Baughn. Gianforcaro was a pretty highly regarded recruit so I feel like he'll be the frontrunner as goaltender. The senior class does have a "last dance" vibe to it but curious if it will turn into a distraction with so many guys trying to figure out where they'll play next year.
note on the princeton seniors potentially being distracted by trying to figure out their next schools: i'm hearing some of them will already have that sorted before the spring season starts

note on the princeton seniors potentially being distracted by trying to figure out their next schools: i'm hearing some of them will already have that sorted before the spring season starts

Would make sense. You probably aren't at liberty to say but any idea where they might commit to? All the same place? I'm assuming the usual suspects (Maryland, Duke, UNC, UVA, ND, Georgetown) are the most likely destinations.

Would make sense. You probably aren't at liberty to say but any idea where they might commit to? All the same place? I'm assuming the usual suspects (Maryland, Duke, UNC, UVA, ND, Georgetown) are the most likely destinations.
don't know where exactly but was told they've already taken some visits. i think you may see a few of them group up but i doubt all go to one place

Dante Trader, Jr. appears to have been at the first day of practice for the Terps.

Dante Trader, Jr. appears to have been at the first day of practice for the Terps.
Zach does he project more as a SSDM this season (based on his football background) or could he be in the mix offensively?

Zach does he project more as a SSDM this season (based on his football background) or could he be in the mix offensively?
I tend to see Trader being an SSDM, as it seems like it would be a little much to pick up the offense quickly enough. His athleticism should allow him to do well on the wings on face-offs. Of course, this leads to a 2nd level of question, that being, when does he start getting the green light in transition.

I believe Cuse will have a good chance of adding a few of the Princeton grads based on connections
Maybe. But after getting an Ivey undergrad degree, most players and parents prefer a higher ranking academic school than Cuse. Michael Sowers anyone?

Maybe. But after getting an Ivey undergrad degree, most players and parents prefer a higher ranking academic school than Cuse. Michael Sowers anyone?
I remember we got a guy from Brown about 5 years ago. Piroli i think his name was? Just saw Donville go from Cornell to MD. Also the main factor that I assume he is referring to is the Pat March connection. He was most likely the main recruiter of some of those guys. Also Sam English and Jake Stevens both played at Culver and I believe would have had one year playing with Hiltz.

I remember we got a guy from Brown about 5 years ago. Piroli i think his name was? Just saw Donville go from Cornell to MD. Also the main factor that I assume he is referring to is the Pat March connection. He was most likely the main recruiter of some of those guys. Also Sam English and Jake Stevens both played at Culver and I believe would have had one year playing with Hiltz.

Nick Piorli is from Carthage and I think that’s a big reason why he came to Cuse from Brown. He has very tight connections with current SU freshman Carter Kempney.

Donville stings since he went to Maryland for their journalism school. Why he didn’t end up at SU is a mystery though I imagined he liked the idea of playing for a strong Terps team.

Would love for any and all of these Princeton Tigers to end up at Syracuse. It’s really hard to predict these things. Syracuse is still a very attractive school for the right player.

I think it likely depends on the desired graduate program. For public policy and communications degrees, we can compete with anyone. However, for those with an eye on Wall Street, I suspect there likely are better options.

Nick Piorli is from Carthage and I think that’s a big reason why he came to Cuse from Brown. He has very tight connections with current SU freshman Carter Kempney.

Donville stings since he went to Maryland for their journalism school. Why he didn’t end up at SU is a mystery though I imagined he liked the idea of playing for a strong Terps team.

Would love for any and all of these Princeton Tigers to end up at Syracuse. It’s really hard to predict these things. Syracuse is still a very attractive school for the right player.
We have excellent graduate programs, where employers from all over the world recruit our students and our programs compete equally with any university in the nation:

1. School of Information Studies - Information Management
2. Maxwell - Public Policy
3. Newhouse - Communications, Journalism

There are programs in Architecture, Whitman and Arts & Sciences that should appeal to a variety of graduate students as well. Also, keep in mind that graduate program directors have a great deal of discretion as to which students to admit and how much financial aid to award. So a great deal of flexibility there.

I honestly feel in my own mind the biggest draw to maryland for players is coach tillman. Think tillman is big big reason kids go or transfer there even with strong ties elsewhere. Dude is just a great guy and person on top being one hell of couch and very successful in that matter. Gait don’t get me wrong big name prob best ever to play. But as coach or person don’t think matches (so far) up to tillman. Grant desko would be my guy to go to cuse if clearly wasn’t cuse at heart already.

my assumption is sam english will want to play with one of his younger brothers but who knows.

slusher appears to be into finance and will not lack for grad school options

ronda is a comp sci major and has a brother who went to UVA

pederson - dad went to michigan and sisters plays at UVA

of the group i think cuse has the best shot at jake stevens but i am simply guessing

I don't think Pat March is a positive for recruitment of players he has coached in the past.

my assumption is sam english will want to play with one of his younger brothers but who knows.

slusher appears to be into finance and will not lack for grad school options

ronda is a comp sci major and has a brother who went to UVA

pederson - dad went to michigan and sisters plays at UVA

of the group i think cuse has the best shot at jake stevens but i am simply guessing
Pederson might be slightly under the radar from this group but he would be a great get. Fantastic athlete, very physical SSDM who really stuck out the few times I saw Princeton play last year.

Forgot about Hincks, but I would bet he is still a downgrade from McElroy.

Will believe it when I see it for Minicus being a better dodger than Dordevic and Bundy. That is quite the claim. Obviously a different situation, but I remember what a monster Griffin Brown looked like for Colgate when he was their main star and he ended up looking more like a solid second line mid after the jump in competition when he transferred to MD. Dordevic and Bundy have already produced against top defenses top cover guys. Colgate does not face a ton of elite defenses. Dont think Solomon and Kelly are good enough to start at attack on an elite offense, but they may be more scary coming out of the box against ssdms.
Late on this, but honestly I do think Minicus is a better dodger than Bundy for sure, and possibly Dordevic. I watched him a bunch in high school, where he and his 3 brothers essentially oversaw the best stretch in the history of the storied Darien program (older brother Colin was a first team AA at Amherst and played in the final year of the MLL, youngest brother Matthew is a 5 star recruit and in line to start for Loyola as a freshman).

Griffin Brown was a productive player, but his game was not predicated on being a dodge-first initiator. On Quint K's pod, Georgetown assistant coach and PLL pro Jack Rowlett (who suits up to cover the attackers during dodging drills) said Minicus's quickness was in line with Sowers and Ament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom