Finding Billy Edelin | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Finding Billy Edelin

Who would you take: 5th Scoop or 2nd yr Billy playing the whole season?

Let's hope that Scoop picked up a few tips from Billy. Billy played with a great feel for protecting the ball, quickly making the decision on the pass, and had a solid handle. He also used the glass on the drive better than any player I've ever seen. He was never better than Jason Kidd fast, even in HS. He turned to molasses by his 2nd season, but he was still averaging about 15-16 points, 5 or 6 assists, and 4 rebounds a game his sophomore year, before it all fell apart.

Let's hope that Scoop picked up a few tips from Billy. Billy played with a great feel for protecting the ball, quickly making the decision on the pass, and had a solid handle. He also used the glass on the drive better than any player I've ever seen. He was never better than Jason Kidd fast, even in HS. He turned to molasses by his 2nd season, but he was still averaging about 15-16 points, 5 or 6 assists, and 4 rebounds a game his sophomore year, before it all fell apart.
People forget Billy played 20 games as a junior where he averaged 4 PPG & 1.8 RPG after a sophomore season where his numbers were 13.8 & 5.2

I meet Billy several times and he was always yes sir, no sir, and to my wife yes maam, no maam. Sad that some demons got the best of him. It seems like he is leading a happy and productive life now.

The kid had so much more basketball in him that is a shame we could not have seen him finish his career strong.
Billy's stats and bio

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom