Fine Lot Board Tailgate Recap | Syracusefan.com

Fine Lot Board Tailgate Recap

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Sorry for the belated recap on this great event but after the loss I thought it best to let the board vent for a day or two so we could all get the frustration out.

First of all a big thanks to TexanMark, once again via his leadership the board tailgate was a success and by multiple counts we had the biggest turnout we have EVER had for a board tailgate. Mark is not only responsible for the yearly board tailgate he is also responsible for the formation of the fine lot tailgate group itself, as they say without him none of this would be impossible.

Along with Mark I would like to recognize a few people who helped the tailgate be a success as we have at one point over 150 people at the tailgate and by some estimates had about 200 total throughout the day. A big thanks to CuseRegular, Tomcat, and GoCuse Caz who helped main grills for pretty much the entire tailgate and even during the 45 minutes of rain and occasional downpour. Please give these guys a big thanks next time you see them as they spent about 4 hours grilling and preparing food and gave up a large chunk of socializing time to ensure everyone was fed. Also a big thanks to GOSU96 for obtaining, working, setting up and dismantling the keg set up and Sammy Malones restaurant/bar for supplying the kegs, the Oktoberfest beer was a huge hit and the ability to utilize the kegs made the tailgate a step up in class and efficiency.

I would also like to thanks all those who brought canopies, they were a huge help during the deluge and we had about 7-8 going during the height of the storm. A special shout out as well to those who provided food and other products to the tailgate ie JSorange, Ogdenburg Cuse (spelling ?), Ottoable, Consligiere whos group brought several items, the group that brought the brownies and cookies toward the latter part of the tailgate (sorry I cant remember there handle), retro44, orangeyes and his deserts, Cuseguy/SuBarney, and LincolnCuse. I am sure there are a few posters who contributed that I am drawing a blank on so please respond to this thread so we can acknowledge you as well.

Lastly I would like to give a personal big thanks to my fiance who not only cooked several dishes items including the mac and cheese, potatoes, taco dip, the ham for the ham and cheese sammies and especially the SU/Otto Cake:

IMAG0170.jpg

She did an outstanding job and was an intrigal part in assisting myself and others cooking throughout the day. I also want to thank all of those who assisted with the breakdown/tear down at the end of the tailgate including JSorange/Caz who were a big help. The one thing I would like for everyone to consider for future tailgates whether it be a board tailgate or just a regular fine lot tailgate is to consider helping breakdown before you head up to the dome. To often those putting on the food miss most of the tailgate grilling and cooking food and ensuring the food is replenished on the warmer trays, its a double whammy when the place becomes a ghost town a half hour before kick and those same people have to breakdown everything. Just something to keep in mind.

A final shout out to some of the board royalty like CTO, Illandz, Bill Orange who were able to make a tailgate for the first time in some cases and to posters like Shenexon, Ray in VA, Dnabb and several others who make a long trek to the dome. I hope everyone had a great time.

That cake is amazing. The amount of work that must have gone into that must have be huge.

I have two questions
  1. What flavor was it?
  2. What is she going to do for an encore?

That cake is amazing. The amount of work that must have gone into that must have be huge.

I have two questions
  1. What flavor was it?
  2. What is she going to do for an encore?

Hey Crusty, she certainly did put a lot of work into it, thanks for the kind words.

As for the flavor I believe the larger base was blue velvet not 100% sure what the orange layer was as that was gone by the time I got to it, I can ask her though.

As for an encore I think I can talk her into another cake maybe for the last tailgate of the year. I do know this for my bday one year she made me a replica of the carrier dome and it looked pretty dame good.

And the award for special effects in a tailgate event goes to...

As for an encore I think I can talk her into another cake maybe for the last tailgate of the year. I do know this for my bday one year she made me a replica of the carrier dome and it looked pretty dame good.

Given it's BC the Sat. after thanksgiving, I would suggest an orange sombrero with a blue diamond on the top and the number 22 in honor of Diamond Ferri the man who singlehandedly gave the Beagles one of the worse beatings I have ever witnessed.

I want to thank Jeremy and Mark for a great time at the tailgate. The food was great, although I did miss out on the cake. Next time. I also got to meet a few more folks and hope to meet more from this forum as time goes on. Thanks again and GO ORANGE!!!

First time at the Fine Mess tailgate--just my luck to choose the best one ever, according to those in the know. Truly impressive... thanks for all the hard work guys/gals!

I want to thank Jeremy and Mark for a great time at the tailgate. The food was great, although I did miss out on the cake. Next time. I also got to meet a few more folks and hope to meet more from this forum as time goes on. Thanks again and GO ORANGE!!!

Sorry you missed out on the cake and I think I also missed you in the original post so sorry about that as well. Glad to hear you had a great time and I will let her know we will need a second cake!

Sorry you missed out on the cake and I think I also missed you in the original post so sorry about that as well. Glad to hear you had a great time and I will let her know we will need a second cake!
The Dome cake sound cool!

Given it's BC the Sat. after thanksgiving, I would suggest an orange sombrero with a blue diamond on the top and the number 22 in honor of Diamond Ferri the man who singlehandedly gave the Beagles one of the worse beatings I have ever witnessed.
with a bowl of warm clam chowda

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom