Fine Mess Roadtrip @Maryland Sat, Nov 9th | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Fine Mess Roadtrip @Maryland Sat, Nov 9th

Oh, Im in contact with people... just waiting to see if i actually need 2, 3 or or 5 tickets. have some undecideds who will be letting me know by end of the day.

Casual, noncommital Fans...gotta love them. :D

Did some research

Long range weather forecast looks favorable (55-65 range) and no heavy rain or high winds. We'll make the final light/heavy tailgate call early next week but it looks like a heavy tailgate plan.

Anyone I haven't reached out to via PM in the last week or so and you can help with either equipment or buying stuff shout out now. I have money to share via PayPal to buy food, etc...

Looking for:

Canopies with leg weight plates
Coolers
portable grill
chairs
tailgate games
SU Flag to fly on a pole
Music system

We'll bring our flag and grill.

Orangemon is bringing 24# of Hofmann's from CNY

That is approx 136 coneys. Who down in the DC area can get approx 160 hot dog rolls? We need to stretch the money so hopefully someone who is a Costco or Sam's Club member...I will reimburse. Also, I'll have you get like 24 regular hot dogs...maybe Nathans or Kirklands. Whatever is decent at Costco or Sams Club

that is a bizarre setup for sure.

Which airport is closer to College Park, BWI or DCA?

They're basically the same. DCA is closer distance wise, but BWI is the more highway drive. So I'd go with the best timed/priced flight.

DCA allows you to take the metro (subway) there, in case you don't feel like renting a car, or plan to get blindingly drunk that day (like I do).

They're basically the same. DCA is closer distance wise, but BWI is the more highway drive. So I'd go with the best timed/priced flight.

DCA allows you to take the metro (subway) there, in case you don't feel like renting a car, or plan to get blindingly drunk that day (like I do).

How long of a subway ride is it from DCA to College Park?

TB...I think you will find buying airplane tickets within 2 weeks is usually very expensive. You might be better to drive. It might even make sense to rent a car where you live and drive it on the trip. What city are you driving in from?

www.kayak.com is a starting point for travel.

Good points, Chip. I like BWI because it is pretty easy access and you don't have to mess with DC traffic. Metro is a definite plus, especially if imbibing.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

About 40 minutes or so on Yellow Line. Longer if you transfer to Green.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm?

See the Metro map. It isn't as terrible as I would've thought.

Take the yellow then looks like you'll have to extend to green. No idea how far the metro is from that campus. Budget an hour (just a rough guess).

I've been researching, it appears that the stadium is about 1.5 miles from the metro. So 30 minute walk tops. But it appears the bar area is exactly in between, should you need to stop and rest for 4 hours.

That is approx 136 coneys. Who down in the DC area can get approx 160 hot dog rolls? We need to stretch the money so hopefully someone who is a Costco or Sam's Club member...I will reimburse. Also, I'll have you get like 24 regular hot dogs...maybe Nathans or Kirklands. Whatever is decent at Costco or Sams Club

I'll be driving in, and am a Sam's Club member, so I can get rolls, if you want me too. I have no idea what my local club has for hot dogs, but I can look. Let me know if you need my help with this.

I'll be driving in, and am a Sam's Club member, so I can get rolls, if you want me too. I have no idea what my local club has for hot dogs, but I can look. Let me know if you need my help with this.

Cool...considered yourself hired. More to follow. Thanks

Just let me know how much...obviously you'll want to buy the hot dog rolls on Thursday or Friday before the game.

TB...I think you will find buying airplane tickets within 2 weeks is usually very expensive. You might be better to drive. It might even make sense to rent a car where you live and drive it on the trip. What city are you driving in from?

www.kayak.com is a starting point for travel.

Oh, I am driving... just have a buddy who is flying in from New Hampshire and we are trying to figure out which airport is best. Looks like we are going with DCA. If we choose to take the metro to the stadium, i guess we would just walk up to the lot?

I was planning on bringing a mixture of Coneys and Franks altogether. More Coneys than Franks (.75 - .25). Is that okay?
Since Antiprodigy is grabbing the hotdog rolls, I won't plan I bringing any with me.
Also, I was going to pick up some Heids mustard for the tailgate.

I was planning on bringing a mixture of Coneys and Franks altogether. More Coneys than Franks (.75 - .25). Is that okay?
Since Antiprodigy is grabbing the hotdog rolls, I won't plan I bringing any with me.
Also, I was going to pick up some Heids mustard for the tailgate.

The Hoffman's franks are like a beef-pork blend, right?

beef/pork/veal IIRC

You need some dogs without pork? Isn't Nathan's Kosher?

I personally don't need anything without pork. I'll eat anything. Hoffman's dogs are delicious. As for my wife, she does not eat pork. I have no idea what she is going to eat at the tailgate, but I will take care of that one way or the other.

Oh, and Nathan's isn't kosher. But they make a great product as well.

I personally don't need anything without pork. I'll eat anything. Hoffman's dogs are delicious. As for my wife, she does not eat pork. I have no idea what she is going to eat at the tailgate, but I will take care of that one way or the other.

Oh, and Nathan's isn't kosher. But they make a great product as well.

How about Hebrew National? Will she eat them? I figure we should offer something Kosher.

How about Hebrew National? Will she eat them? I figure we should offer something Kosher.

Hebrew National is kosher, but it's not your responsibility to bend over backwards for her personal requirements. You shouldn't have to go all out just for her. And she may not even want hot dogs. I'll talk it over with her; we may end up just getting her a veggie burger or a veggie sandwich from Subway to bring with us. And if she does want hot dogs, we could probably stop at Wegman's and get some Hebrew Nationals. Thanks for your consideration.

Hebrew National is kosher, but it's not your responsibility to bend over backwards for her personal requirements. You shouldn't have to go all out just for her. And she may not even want hot dogs. I'll talk it over with her; we may end up just getting her a veggie burger or a veggie sandwich from Subway to bring with us. And if she does want hot dogs, we could probably stop at Wegman's and get some Hebrew Nationals. Thanks for your consideration.

My wife is a vegetarian, made going to BBQ's a pain... "hey man, thanks for having us over, mind if I toss this veggie patty on your grill?"

Now she stopped eating bread, cheese, and god knows what else.

I figure as long as I have a head of lettuce around, or a carrot, she will be fine.

ok, I will get the hot dog rolls, just give me a total by next wednesday. I will try to make a scouting run this weekend to get an idea of cost and availability of other dogs.

ok, I will get the hot dog rolls, just give me a total by next wednesday. I will try to make a scouting run this weekend to get an idea of cost and availability of other dogs.
Sam's should have some Kosher dogs. Probably a good idea to pick up some. Lets go with with 24 or so. So 160 hot dog rolls in total plus the 24 Kosher Hot Dogs. Like I said let me know how much...if you head over this weekend just give me a ball park figure. I'll Pay Pal you the money. Send me your email via PM where to send the Pay Pal money.

No need to buy kosher dogs on my account. Wife may not even want hot dogs and I am fine with Hoffman's.

No need to buy kosher dogs on my account. Wife may not even want hot dogs and I am fine with Hoffman's.
Nah no worries...I expect we might have a few others requiring Kosher...