Fine Mess Roadtrip @Maryland Sat, Nov 9th | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Fine Mess Roadtrip @Maryland Sat, Nov 9th

My wife is a vegetarian, made going to BBQ's a pain... "hey man, thanks for having us over, mind if I toss this veggie patty on your grill?"

Now she stopped eating bread, cheese, and god knows what else.

I figure as long as I have a head of lettuce around, or a carrot, she will be fine.
A gluten-free Vegan? That has to be tough! ;)

A gluten-free Vegan? That has to be tough! ;)

Man, CTO... She's out of control. She reads all these health books, and runs with it.

Let's just say the dream of coming home from work to a nice steak dinner is out the window for this guy. :(

Man, CTO... She's out of control. She reads all these health books, and runs with it.

Let's just say the dream of coming home from work to a nice steak dinner is out the window for this guy. :(
I had five friends over this evening for a great steak dinner (might be the last time to use the grill this year). I am not judgmental about other folks' eating preferences, but sometimes I feel sorry for those who don't eat what we had at this meal: 1 1/2 inch perfectly grilled rib eye steaks, double baked potatoes with great cheese, great salad with croutons, and a wonderful home made apple crumb pie (brought by a friend). Hey, that's an All-American meal.

I had five friends over this evening for a great steak dinner (might be the last time to use the grill this year). I am not judgmental about other folks' eating preferences, but sometimes I feel sorry for those who don't eat what we had at this meal: 1 1/2 inch perfectly grilled rib eye steaks, double baked potatoes with great cheese, great salad with croutons, and a wonderful home made apple crumb pie (brought by a friend). Hey, that's an All-American meal.

I'm changing my ticket home, one way ticket. I'm going home with you after the St. John's game. As long as you have room in the fridge for beer, we will get along fine :)

Reactions: cto
CuseTroop's Fantasy Girl

article-1267356-04224C800000044D-408_468x427.jpg

Cuse Troop's Reality
TattooVeganChick.jpg

Actually Mrs. CuseTroop is way prettier. Actually my son knows quite a few wives/gf's in the USAF that are extreme gluten free/vegans, etc...sounds like a fad to me.

CuseTroop's Fantasy Girl

article-1267356-04224C800000044D-408_468x427.jpg

Cuse Troop's Reality
TattooVeganChick.jpg

Actually Mrs. CuseTroop is way prettier. Actually my son knows quite a few wives/gf's in the USAF that are extreme gluten free/vegans, etc...sounds like a fad to me.

She's been a vegetarian since she was 16... Idk how her parents let her do it, my dad would have kicked my a$$ if i said I was done eating meat... The gluten free thing is new. I blame her "gym book club"

I get both sides. Have a co-worker who was vegetarian for many years. Got to the point where she was dreaming about eating meat. To me, if you're dreaming about things, that's your body telling you something. On the other hand, I have a nephew who only wanted eat fish sticks and green peppers growing up. Red meat literally grossed him out.

Unrelated: Any suggestions for things to do down around Maryland? Plan on hitting Colonial Williamsburg, Annapolis, and the Shenandoah Valley. But not sure what else is worth visiting (Charlottesville? Richmond?).

I get both sides. Have a co-worker who was vegetarian for many years. Got to the point where she was dreaming about eating meat. To me, if you're dreaming about things, that's your body telling you something. On the other hand, I have a nephew who only wanted eat fish sticks and green peppers growing up. Red meat literally grossed him out.

Unrelated: Any suggestions for things to do down around Maryland? Plan on hitting Colonial Williamsburg, Annapolis, and the Shenandoah Valley. But not sure what else is worth visiting (Charlottesville? Richmond?).

Williamsburg is a bit of a drive from Maryland, but if you go plan on spending a couple of days there. It's a very nice area with much to see and do. I would also suggest, if you're going to be down in the Williamsburg/Newport News area, visting Yorktown (battlefields) and Jamestown too. If you're in Yorktown, grab lunch at the Yorktown Pub. Not the greatest looking place, but they have good beer and seafood.

Annapolis is a good choice. Baltimore Inner Harbor is cool, that is where we are staying as there is plenty for our kids: National Aquarium, ships, MD Science Center, Discovery Museum, train museum, etc.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Annapolis is a good choice. Baltimore Inner Harbor is cool, that is where we are staying as there is plenty for our kids: National Aquarium, ships, MD Science Center, Discovery Museum, train museum, etc.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

If you hit Annapolis, make sure to head over to the Rams Head for lunch/dinner. Very good beer and food. There is also a really cool Irish bar just up the road from the Rams Head that's worth going to, but I just can't remember the name.

http://ramsheadtavern.com/annapolis/

Our spiedie guy can't make the tailgate...anyone want to buy, chop, marinate and skewer 50 bamboo Sticks of Spiedie Meat? I will reimburse your costs.

Talked to OttoinGrotto last night we are going to supplement the coneys with Wegman Subs or something similiar.

Last edited:
I don't know, you might try heading into DC. I hear there are a couple things to do down there.

;-)

Nah no worries...I expect we might have a few others requiring Kosher...
Our spiedie guy can't make the tailgate...anyone want to buy, chop, marinate and skewer 50 bamboo Sticks of Spiedie Meat? I will reimburse your costs.

Talked to OttoinGrotto last night we are going to supplement the coneys with Wegman Subs or something similiar.

And this is all covered by the money we already paid for our tickets? Seems like a lot of food for the money, unless I'm misunderstanding.

And this is all covered by the money we already paid for our tickets? Seems like a lot of food for the money, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Yes...I have about $800 earmarked for youse guys. Each ticket sold netted about $4 into a tailgate kitty.

Yes...I have about $800 earmarked for youse guys. Each ticket sold netted about $4 into a tailgate kitty.

Wow, that's pretty good. Thanks.

Unless you're here for a while that's pretty big range to hit. Williamsburg pushes 3 hours from Alexandria with no traffic. Good luck finding no traffic.