#firebobstoops | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

#firebobstoops

We all heard the same thing with AAF... i think this league goes further. Especially since this league has prime time tv deals throughout the season. But im still cautiously optimistic. I think the AAF downfall was it was rushed to be the XFL to the punch. Think that was their demise and now XFL doesnt have any competition
Yeah AAF rushed and choose a terrible investor.
Sure the XFL still has big chance to fall flat on it's face, just feels way different then the old XFL and AAF.

Mic’ing up players and coaches, in-game player interviews... all part of a good plan to build identifiability for the teams. That’s critical to success. People have to know the players and start to get behind “their teams.” If the league accomplishes that, they're in. If not, they fail. (And they need games that are more exciting than the St.Louis v Dallas show.) I watched about 15 minutes. I’d watch again to give them another shot. But fans have short attentions spans. The league has to strike quick.

i think finding soccer stadiums like DC is a brilliant idea. 20k fans is enough for a loud and exciting atmosphere. TB suffers from having to use Raymond James. i think the smaller stadium idea will pay off.

i think finding soccer stadiums like DC is a brilliant idea. 20k fans is enough for a loud and exciting atmosphere. TB suffers from having to use Raymond James. i think the smaller stadium idea will pay off.
It's a terrible idea for the soccer teams though. DC United had one of the worst fields in MLS last season and this isn't going to help the cause. If I was the primary tenant I'd be pretty furious about that.

It's a terrible idea for the soccer teams though. DC United had one of the worst fields in MLS last season and this isn't going to help the cause. If I was the primary tenant I'd be pretty furious about that.
i imagine this is a temporary circumstance. i would imagine they would look to build a stadium if they can be stable. i dont see them ever needing more then 30k seats

It's smart having teams in NFL cities. I wonder if they could develop into an informal minor league for the NFL.

It's smart having teams in NFL cities. I wonder if they could develop into an informal minor league for the NFL.

What about letting college seniors prepping for the draft play? Now that would give it some juice.

What about letting college seniors prepping for the draft play? Now that would give it some juice.
I doubt any with legitimate prospects of being drafted would bother.

Couldn't they theoretically take the money they made from charging the XFL and upgrade their field conditions? Is it the XFL's fault that the playing surface stinks?

I doubt any with legitimate prospects of being drafted would bother.

Why it’s money and exposure. Sure first round locks might not play but that’s not many guys. Look at a Harmon from Nc St who was projected to go 3rd round and went undrafted.

Maybe guys shut it down a couple games into their senior year to prep for the XFL.

I’d want to play if I was on the cusp.

Don't tick off soccer fans. They are an ornery bunch. Don't you know that soccer is a great sport that's on the rise in the U.S. and is only 118 years from overtaking baseball as the fourth major sport in the country?
MLS 18 new markets in 15 years. Multiple new stadiums. MLS has found a niche in the US sports scene. Not going to challenge NFL but fairly popular .

Couldn't they theoretically take the money they made from charging the XFL and upgrade their field conditions? Is it the XFL's fault that the playing surface stinks?
No, the playing surfaces for both sports in a perfect world are completely different. Football already tears up the field, and if they play a game in the rain for football it would be even worse. You need a smooth field in soccer to pass the ball at an elite level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom