First 2023 Commit? | Syracusefan.com

First 2023 Commit?

Symphony Steve

All American
Who will it be? One pick only. Let's see who is the Board's top prognosticator.

OK, I'll start. I'll go with QB LaNorris Sellers. He was committed to UVa until the coaching changes. Has an SU offer.

Who will it be? One pick only. Let's see who is the Board's top prognosticator.

OK, I'll start. I'll go with QB LaNorris Sellers. He was committed to UVa until the coaching changes. Has an SU offer.
LOL. Could we at least wait until March when kids can start visiting campuses again. ;)

RB Rueben Owens...;)
I'm going with Owen Wilson or Paul Reubens. These 2 guys really get it done. You can get a bunch of film on them by doing a Google search

LOL. Could we at least wait until March when kids can start visiting campuses again. ;)

If we'd had junior day kids would've been on campus.

The ACC conference has 20 commitments from 2023 kids.

Louisville 5
FSU 4
BC 3
Miami 2
Duke 2
Clemson 1
UNC 1
Nit State 1
Pitt 1

I think our staff is cut too much slack when it comes to recruiting.

According to this, Pitt had 2 New Yorkers (w/Syracuse offers) in attendance for their jr day on Jan29.

If we'd had junior day kids would've been on campus.

The ACC conference has 20 commitments from 2023 kids.

Louisville 5
FSU 4
BC 3
Miami 2
Duke 2
Clemson 1
UNC 1
Nit State 1
Pitt 1

I think our staff is cut too much slack when it comes to recruiting.

According to this, Pitt had 2 New Yorkers (w/Syracuse offers) in attendance for their jr day on Jan29.

So, more than HALF the conference has 1 or 0 ‘23 commits.

And that’s somehow a bad look for Cuse to be one of those?

It's not a bad look, it's just the other side of the coin. There's too many excuses. Recruiting timelines have been accelerated. That many commitments just a few years ago was unheard of.

When you consider we were barely recruiting anybody in January why didn't we host a junior day. Jan junior days have been done since forever, even when there was only a Feb4 signing day in the thick of recruiting. I'm sure there's an excuse out there though.

I don't think having 0 commits is a bad look, but I think not having a junior day is questionable, at best.

Personally I think it was more important to get the three new coaches confirmed and complete the 2022 recruiting class. The entire month of March is a contact period, plenty of time to have a Junior Day or two.

And let me know if all those early 2023s are still committed to those same schools come signing day 2022.

I really hope the new coaches are more aggressive in pursuing early commits if the prospect fits what they want.

I imagine April 1st might be a nice weekend for visitors

I really hope the new coaches are more aggressive in pursuing early commits if the prospect fits what they want.

I imagine April 1st might be a nice weekend for visitors
They can start bringing in visitors in March. Just no OVs until April 1.

It's not a bad look, it's just the other side of the coin. There's too many excuses. Recruiting timelines have been accelerated. That many commitments just a few years ago was unheard of.

When you consider we were barely recruiting anybody in January why didn't we host a junior day. Jan junior days have been done since forever, even when there was only a Feb4 signing day in the thick of recruiting. I'm sure there's an excuse out there though.
We did just hire a new O staff

Going to go with LB Jayven Hall of GA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom