First game and a half | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

First game and a half

I'm not there yet that we are a sacrificial lamb in Maui. I was closer after that 1st half effort but second half was a different story.
I do agree we looked better in the 2H. But we have no front court

I think I would be a lot more optimistic if it wasn't for the Maui tournament. Knowing the possibility for losses there makes the stakes higher than normal early in the season.

I complained about the broadcast all night. Read the thread. They were up 15 and I cut it off. It was an amateur hour display by the ACCNX.

Nvmd my bad I thought you were talking about the team. Misread

Its GAME 2 of a brand new coach. We're going away from a system we had for like 100 years. There's going to be growing pains. I have no issues discussing the reality of the situation, but personally I'm going to give Red and the team some leeway this year. We're gonna get creamed here coming up. If you wanna jump off the ship, I get it, but I'd rather support the new coach this year.

83 and 89 points in first two games and the complaining is off the charts lol. This team cracked 80 once the first 10 games last year and Lost 4 of the first 6. No one is ever happy lol
If we can Improve on defense, and I think we can, we’ll be pretty good. It may just take some time for the guys to figure out exactly what they need to be doing to be successful in man to man. We also need to crash the boards better.

83 and 89 points in first two games and the complaining is off the charts lol. This team cracked 80 once the first 10 games last year and Lost 4 of the first 6. No one is ever happy lol
Eh, I don’t know. I’m with you in that this board is heavy with complaints all season long (and oddly unbelievably optimistic all off-season). But at the same time I think some of the criticism, including CuseMan’s, isn’t exactly off-base. Everyone is acknowledging that we have some talent and potential and usually leaving room for plenty of improvement. But pointing out that the defensive system seems really rudimentary, help is either slow or non-existent, and we haven’t come close to putting together 40 mins is fair criticism.

Sky isn’t falling but there is absolutely work to do, including potentially strategic improvements for Red to make on both sides of the ball. I feel it would be more misguided to gloss over the warts and focus on points scored than to point out there are some rough spots that — to be fair — feel as though they could be addressed, but will be difficult to overcome against better competition if they aren’t.

I guess I’m sort of in the middle. The talent and versatility along with the potential all feel like welcome breathes of fresh air. The shooting has to be a concern, despite the points, and the manor in which we’ve played defense and rebounded is concerning. It’s fun to watch a very different team stylistically but it feels there are adjustments that have to be made.

If we can Improve on defense, and I think we can, we’ll be pretty good. It may just take some time for the guys to figure out exactly what they need to be doing to be successful in man to man. We also need to crash the boards better.
The rebounding is huge and we need to be thinking about how we defend as a team. The actual individual defense has largely been ok. Guys are going to get beat if they are constantly pressuring the ball. How we react in that spot is the key.

Its GAME 2 of a brand new coach. We're going away from a system we had for like 100 years. There's going to be growing pains. I have no issues discussing the reality of the situation, but personally I'm going to give Red and the team some leeway this year. We're gonna get creamed here coming up. If you wanna jump of the ship, I get it, but I'd rather support the new coach this year.

Yep. Who knows we might be more competitive in Maui than we expect too. Getting off campus and out of dodge can do a lot for a team trying to put things together. As we hoped the summer trip would have done if not canceled.

Lol cutting it off? Some of yall are unreal.
Then why watch at all. 83 and 89... Look beyond? What should they have scored in your expert opinion? Is their D perfect? Absolutely not, but as stated in another thread, Canisius hit some well guarded ridiculous 3's in the last 7 minutes. Save yourself the heartache and don't even follow the team, or better yet, maybe Red can hire you and you can fix all the problems.

Try to beat the defense down the court before they are set. It didn't work until late in the game, but it does draw fouls. Great job slowing it down the last 10, Need to figure out Defense late, and overplaying the 3.

Bell way to show up off the drive and around the rim! We need a third center always.
I like Judah driving 1/6th of the time when he shouldn’t as long as he doesn’t stop driving 1/3 of the time when he should.

I agree with most we haven’t looked great. I also think we will play better overall going forward against better competition. Tuesday will be the start of that. Colgate is solid and projected to win the Patriot League again.

I’ve watched a lot of other games and many top 25 teams have played close games to smaller schools. This may be just me, but the team hasn’t appeared to be serious at all especially Judah. The joking and smiling appears like we knew we’d win and we’re just cruising along.

Brown isn’t healthy at all, hopefully the break until next week helps him. Hopefully Benny will be back and play with fire. I have to see more to know where we stand.

I'll just add- something was clearly said to Judah at half. He was a different player in that 2H. No doubt Red had something to say and the signs were there they heard him. More little things/baby steps.
My thought, too. He looked so bad that our fans wanted him pulled from the game. Then all if a sudden, boom, and he’s got 20. Same as last game, no? It was the 5-15 that makes it ugly.

I hope he’s just warming up early in the season, and he’ll soon be building upon the promise of last year. Right now, for most of the game, he looks like he’s starting his frosh year all over again.

We will have to get a lot better. Langel has less pieces this year vs the past two I will say. They won't be able to stop us off the bounce.
The one thing I am sure of is that I will be betting the over. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom