First Look at the 2020-21 Orange... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

First Look at the 2020-21 Orange...

The scheduling tidbit at the end made my night. Should get a solid P5 non-con slate in with a couple of buy games for instate teams

Can’t wait for Dolezaj to have ultimate green light this year. Think this could be a great year for the team
Based on reports and my understanding of Jim Boeheim's tendencies, I'm expecting Marek to be this team's leading scorer & one of JB's first offensive options. Expecting Boeheim to 'look for' Marek to be his Rakeem Christmas in this, his senior season. That's a lot of projecting, but I think Marek's got it in him.

The other thing I expect is that Boeheim will put a noticeable emphasis on Defense this year, reaching for a 'shut down' capability like some of his former teams. This projection is base on the report I saw where Buddy talked about the work he's put in on his defense and on becoming a "defensive leader" on the team. Adding 2+2, that tells me Dad wants to turn this team's Defense into a potent weapon.

If both of these projections were to become fulfilled, I think it would translate into a pretty damn good season.:rolleyes:

Can’t wait for Dolezaj to have ultimate green light this year. Think this could be a great year for the team

ultimate green light and dole arent too things i equate,i hope he is more assertive but i dont think we want him hoisting 10 3s per game.

ultimate green light and dole arent too things i equate,i hope he is more assertive but i dont think we want him hoisting 10 3s per game.

oh why not? It’s September after all, perfect time to dream. Reality will be here with the first snow flurries.

Based on reports and my understanding of Jim Boeheim's tendencies, I'm expecting Marek to be this team's leading scorer & one of JB's first offensive options. Expecting Boeheim to 'look for' Marek to be his Rakeem Christmas in this, his senior season. That's a lot of projecting, but I think Marek's got it in him.

The other thing I expect is that Boeheim will put a noticeable emphasis on Defense this year, reaching for a 'shut down' capability like some of his former teams. This projection is base on the report I saw where Buddy talked about the work he's put in on his defense and on becoming a "defensive leader" on the team. Adding 2+2, that tells me Dad wants to turn this team's Defense into a potent weapon.

If both of these projections were to become fulfilled, I think it would translate into a pretty damn good season.:rolleyes:
I think Griffin and Buddy will be our leading scorers with Marek improving but still filling his usual role. For me Marek is our best distributor. Good things tend to happen in terms of ball movement when he is involved and ball movement is contagious in a good way.

I don't think we will be having any dominant scorer this year. I see this team as very balanced with Griffin, Marek, Buddy, Joe, Quincy (and Sid hopefully) all scoring 10-16 points per game.
I'd like to see a lot of ball movement and unselfish play. This could be a really fun team to watch.

Can't believe Marek is a Senior, feels like yesterday was his breakout game against Wake in the ACCT
We 10000% don't get past TCU in the first round of the tourney that year without Marek. He saved our azz when our guards did next to nothing. Had a nice alley top finish in there I'm pretty sure, too.

Easily one of my favorite Cuse players ever.

3512666dolemite-1.gif

That's the kind of stuff they worry about?
Seriously. Why do they have to act like 6th graders and coordinate? Can't they all choose to wear what they want on a given day? I'm sure there are arenas that are warmer or colder than others.
Can you imagine if Dave Gavitt told Lou he couldn't wear those awful sweaters?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom