First possession, everyone knew | Syracusefan.com

First possession, everyone knew

I agree. Tough, physical, harassing defenders. Zone or man and we struggle. Also could tell pretty quick the Canadian kid they put in the middle against our zone was going to pick us apart. Bad matchup

We can't handle that kind of defense, no one has the ball handling to deal with it. Knew right away it was going to be a long night. Seemed like jb did too

I can't remember the last time I felt so mentally overwhelmed watching us play an opposing defense. It was like they were secretly starting Glove/Pippen/Lebron in disguise.

I agree. Against a passive defense our lack of real ball handling, passing, post skills is masked. We appear to be able to play offense. It’s an illusion. We will continue to struggle against teams that out tough us. I really don’t think we are that good, but we should still make the tournament. It’s amazing that the bar has fallen so far. All that matters is we make the tournament. The expectation of a top 4 seed has gone the way of a real post player...

Seems like a good place to mention that we made our run during the 5 minute period that the refs lost their mind and started calling hand checks, hip bumps and undercuts

Then they came to their senses and all the sudden VTs defense was all NBA again.

I never comment on refs, and I don’t even think they were one sided, I just think any game that is called loose put our style at a disadvantage. Clearly the case last night.

I never comment on refs, and I don’t even think they were one sided, I just think any game that is called loose put our style at a disadvantage. Clearly the case last night.
The refs were letting them play in the Miami game, but Miami wasn’t playing defense either so your point still stands.

Seems like a good place to mention that we made our run during the 5 minute period that the refs lost their mind and started calling hand checks, hip bumps and undercuts

Then they came to their senses and all the sudden VTs defense was all NBA again.

Refs were amazingly inconsistent the whole game. Guys get mugged, no call. Guys get touched whistle. I thought SU's run was actually stopped when the called even more fouls! Then fell apart when they "let them play". Watched a couple of games yesterday so don't know if it was SU's during which one color announcer said a foul is when a player gets an excessive advantage with contact. I thought it was funny when Chewie got called for a block when he and Brissett boxed in Roberson and Roberson attempted to split them and hooked Chewie so bad his elbow was in Chewie's back. Literally seconds later Brissett was awarded shots because his man blocked him but the announcer said he "got away" with a hook, a hook that was less than Roberson's was! The difference? One was a 6' guy doing it against a 7'2" guy and the other was a 6'9 against a much smaller opponent. I guess that meant he was getting an unfair advantsged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom