First practice | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

First practice

I have no idea at this point who will b the TE maybe Horan moves to O L idk all I do know is Tommy raved about Horan’s hands he was pleasantly surprised . REX is a beast and Hackett may be the best of the bunch good depth there
Watching the practice videos from last fall Horan surprised me with his fluidity and hands. Big kid but not stiff or super slow. He can't move to OL at 260 or even 270. Way too light. He stays at TE for now with only Hackett and Horan for the spring. Even if Rex switches to TE in the fall when Summers arrives that's still leaves very little experienced depth with Benson and Culpepper added.

Curious if anyone has heard much about Cam Jonas? Was a big fan of his tape, offers and thought he was a real impressive commit for us. Anyone know anything?

I know he had the knee injury too, which has probably slowed him somewhat.

Curious if anyone has heard much about Cam Jonas? Was a big fan of his tape, offers and thought he was a real impressive commit for us. Anyone know anything?

Yeah was wondering same thing.

I'm still waiting to hear about all of our safeties. I'm a bit concerned here.

I'm still waiting to hear about all of our safeties. I'm a bit concerned here.

Foster is coming back and we have the ACC defensive rookie of the year. Carl Jones has experience, Devon Clarke has experience, Duwayne Johnson has experience (albeit not here), Cam Jonas redshirted, and we have a couple of good safeties coming in. I am not worried about safety at all.

Last edited:
Foster is coming back and we have a the ACC defensive rookie of the year. Carl Jones has experience, Devon Clarke has experience, Duwayne Johnson has experience (albeit not here), and Cam Jonas redshirted, and we have a couple of good safeties coming in. I am not worried about safety at all.

Jonas to me has size, good pedigree, and of course the redshirt year after his knee injury. All he needs to do is be a good backup and give them a few good snaps per game. Very attainable if his recovery went well.

Foster is coming back and we have a the ACC defensive rookie of the year. Carl Jones has experience, Devon Clarke has experience, Duwayne Johnson has experience (albeit not here), and Cam Jonas redshirted, and we have a couple of good safeties coming in. I am not worried about safety at all.
Not to mention Coley and Striz. Coley had a shot last year and didn't make the most of it, but he was only a redshirt freshman. Striz seemed to step into the Nickel role and had that pick against West Virginia.

Williams Cisco foster Frederick with Melifonwu and scoop backup corner with scoop starting nickel. He is perfect there. Jonas if well backing up Foster. Corley backing up Cisco. Strtz backing up scoop at nickel. May be wrong but either way 4-6 possible nfl kids back there.

Williams Cisco foster Frederick with Melifonwu and scoop backup corner with scoop starting nickel. He is perfect there. Jonas if well backing up Foster. Corley backing up Cisco. Strtz backing up scoop at nickel. May be wrong but either way 4-6 possible nfl kids back there.
And Nunn on the way. Loaded.

Last edited:
13 days time to get excited!!! I’m going to the scrimmage as well 1 beer per update lol

We expect 1 update per play so you better start practicing today!

With limited media, I wonder if we learn anything?

Did we get any info from the closed scrimmage, last year?

Limited media is good for the players. Looks like the only real football fix is going to the spring game ..Even if it's a glorified walk through.

Last edited:
Limited media is good for the players. Looks like the only real football fix is going to the spring game ..Even if it's a glorified walk through.
I'd watch them walk to the water cooler and back.

Edit: I think using Scoop at nickel is genius. All DB's and safeties get burned sometimes ... but Scoop has had some issues covering deep passing routes. At the same time, he's very good as a boundary corner. With his quickness and short-field coverage ability, nickel is ideal.

Last edited:
Do they open the spring game to fans? I imagine there would be a good crowd of people that want to watch it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom