Five Plus Years...And Nothing Has Changed. Boheim Needs To Retire. | Syracusefan.com

Five Plus Years...And Nothing Has Changed. Boheim Needs To Retire.

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.

I posted this FIVE YEARS AGO! It aged pretty well, IMO.

Ugh. He'll never step down. And no-one's going to force him out. What a mess.

I posted this FIVE YEARS AGO!

You should mug for the cameras like Mintz.

Am I wrong? It was bad then and it's even worse now.
And he’s still JB, if you don’t like the direction of the program, you will have to stop donating. JW will not get a second glance come spring so long as he is bringing in the most money the athletic department has ever seen

Is it important for you to be right? You bumped a thread from 2017. Hundreds of people thought the same thing at the time.

Not really. If you recall the thread got locked and I got slammed for my original post. Many more folks back then were clutching their pearls at the thought that it could be time for the "Great JB" to retire. My stance was absolutely the minority amongst the board at that time.

My point in bumping this is that it's been five years and little has changed.

Not really. If you recall the thread got locked and I got slammed for my original post. Many more folks back then were clutching their pearls at the thought that it could be time for the "Great JB" to retire.
No, I don’t recall a thread from 2017.

No, I don’t recall a thread from 2017.

Pretty easy to click on it five years later and see it got locked.

It was so obvious at the time. So obvious. Anybody that didn’t want to see it just didn’t want to admit it. Now we have to be careful we are starting to get to the point where these 17/18 year old recruits won’t even remember when we were a great program. Just think our last great team was probably the one with Wes in 2012. These recruits were 7 or 8 then. All they’ve seen since they have been teenagers is bad Syracuse basketball.

Is it important for you to be right? You bumped a thread from 2017. Hundreds of people thought the same thing at the time.
people‘s fandom have been questioned for years. YEARS.

it wasn’t fair, some folks were just being honest on what we were seeing.

some...well they weren’t being honest for a plethora of reasons,

It was so obvious at the time. So obvious. Anybody that didn’t want to see it just didn’t want to admit it. Now we have to be careful we are starting to get to the point where these 17/18 year old recruits won’t even remember when we were a great program. Just think our last great team was probably the one with Wes in 2012. These recruits were 7 or 8 then. All they’ve seen since they have been teenagers is bad Syracuse basketball.

Wow. That really puts things in perspective. For us adults, 2012 doesn't seem like that long ago but for recruits, you're right. That's literally a lifetime ago.

Hundreds saw it back in 2017, there are thousands upon thousands that see it now. I’m not sure what the last few remaining JB loyalists see.

All of the concerns from that 2017 thread have persisted on and become worse. There were several posters that thought “JB would do the right thing and retire when the time is right.”

They were clearly wrong. JB has completely destroyed the program. All the equity he built up in his first 40 years has been spent. It’s over, and it’s getting really bad.

The only thing JB can do now is announce his retirement at year end. It’s the only thing he can do to save grace and restore any respect to his legacy. The legacy that is rapidly deteriorating.

Last edited:
Hundreds saw it back in 2017, there are thousands upon thousands that see it now. I’m not sure what the last few remaining JB loyalists see.

All of the concerns from that 2017 thread have persisted on and become worse. There were several posters that thought “JB would do the right thing and retire when the time is right.”

They were clearly wrong. JB has completely destroyed the program. All the equity he built up in his first 40 years and been spent. It’s over, and it’s getting really bad.

The only thing JB can do now is announce his retirement at year end. It’s the only thing he can do to save grace and restore any respect to his legacy. The legacy that is rapidly deteriorating.

I don't think anyone can debate that at this point. And sadly, you're also right. Its really going to color his legacy in the eyes of many.

Mine was locked from the 2020-2021 basketball season.

people‘s fandom have been questioned for years. YEARS.

it wasn’t fair, some folks were just being honest on what we were seeing.

some...well they weren’t being honest for a plethora of reasons,

They were clearly wrong. JB has completely destroyed the program. All the equity he built up in his first 40 years and been spent. It’s over, and it’s getting really bad.

Just interesting to see the “Nobody is bigger than the program, including the coach” crowd pounding their chests.

And it’s ridiculous to suggest the next coach won’t be able to turn things around. If JB can destroy the program beyond repair, then there wasn’t much of a program to begin with.

I posted this FIVE YEARS AGO! It aged pretty well, IMO.

Jacob, just so I don’t have to go through that entire thread, how did all my H0T Takes age?

Just interesting to see the “Nobody is bigger than the program, including the coach” crowd pounding their chests.

And it’s ridiculous to suggest the next coach won’t be able to turn things around. If JB can destroy the program beyond repair, then there wasn’t much of a program to begin with.
At this point anybody supporting JB remaining as head coach at Syracuse needs to needs to be evaluated for insanity.

Just to think we’ve been talking about this for 6 years . We really need to start over next year or it will just continue to get worse. We need all new blood that can recruit.
Another recruiting advantage we had back then was the Melo Center. At the time it was built it separated us from a lot of programs facility wise. Now everybody has top level facilities so it means even more that you need ace recruiters.

If Jim Boeheim wants to come back and next year be his final year, do you think JW has the stones to tell him no?

Jacob, just so I don’t have to go through that entire thread, how did all my H0T Takes age?

Pretty good JG. If I recall you were saying it’s been time for JB to hang it up for years now.

Rolls eyes.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom