Fla St Gonzo | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fla St Gonzo

by then they will have left for a sport that might kill itself off they way its being run.

It's noon Sunday and I am still waiting for mighty FSU to break the GOR. Oh that's right they can't AND no one has. So I will wait for that big @$$ check FSU is writing so they can get out. Oh that's right FSU hasn't written any checks.
I am amazed by the attention given to FSU. Wake me when it's 2031/32 on this topic.

Last edited:
And what everyone is missing, in a few years, after the Fran Brown reign, we are going to be the most sought after school in the ACC.

And from what I have been told, this is exactly what ADJW was shooting for

He knew this hire was his most important and would determine the course of not only Syracuse football, but also Syracuse athletics for the future

He knew this hire was his most important and would determine the course of not only Syracuse football, but also Syracuse athletics for the future
Yup. Sports matters even at Syracuse. It matters for alums and donations. Drives attendance and Applications for regular students too.

We have a strong brand. We need it to be better to ensure we’re well positioned.

It's noon Sunday and I am still waiting for mighty FSU to break the GOR. Oh that's right they can't AND no one has. So I will wait for that big @$$ check FSU is writing so they can get out. Oh that's right FSU hasn't written any checks.
I am amazed by the attention given to FSU. Wake me when it's 2031/32 on this topic.
FSU isn’t writing any checks as the buyout would nearly bankrupt the school. They only have about $700MM in their endowment. FSU isn’t going anywhere soon and most sane people know it. Soooo much can change in a 5 year span it isn’t funny.

And what everyone is missing, in a few years, after the Fran Brown reign, we are going to be the most sought after school in the ACC.
I think we fit the SEC model more than Big Ten and would get picked by them over Pitt and BC. That conference likes to stay away from NFL cities. If they want a Geographic outlier for Northeast coverage it’s probably gonna be us. Indoor games vs cold would help too. Would be hilarious if we end up there and FSU doesn’t.

I think we fit the SEC model more than Big Ten and would get picked by them over Pitt and BC. That conference likes to stay away from NFL cities. If they want a Geographic outlier for Northeast coverage it’s probably gonna be us. Indoor games vs cold would help too. Would be hilarious if we end up there and FSU doesn’t.
IF the B1G went into SEC country, I can see the SEC coming up north and we would be a good fit. We need to WIN though.

Look at the attached statement from the Florida Attorney General (a UF grad!) with regard to that office's request for CFB Playoff Committee records. This may become quite interesting!

“My Office is launching an investigation to examine if the Committee was involved in any anticompetitive conduct. As it stands, the Committee’s decision reeks of partiality, so we are demanding answers—not only for FSU, but for all schools, teams and fans of college football. In Florida, merit matters. If it’s attention they were looking for, the Committee certainly has our attention now.”

The link also has this:

Attorney General Ashley Moody said, “I’m a lifelong Gator, but I’m also the Florida Attorney General, and I know injustice when I see it. No rational person or college football fan can look at this situation and not question the result. The NCAA, conferences, and the College Football Playoff Committee are subject to antitrust laws."

"You go, girl!"

Look at the attached statement from the Florida Attorney General (a UF grad!) with regard to that office's request for CFB Playoff Committee records. This may become quite interesting!

“My Office is launching an investigation to examine if the Committee was involved in any anticompetitive conduct. As it stands, the Committee’s decision reeks of partiality, so we are demanding answers—not only for FSU, but for all schools, teams and fans of college football. In Florida, merit matters. If it’s attention they were looking for, the Committee certainly has our attention now.”

The link also has this:

Attorney General Ashley Moody said, “I’m a lifelong Gator, but I’m also the Florida Attorney General, and I know injustice when I see it. No rational person or college football fan can look at this situation and not question the result. The NCAA, conferences, and the College Football Playoff Committee are subject to antitrust laws."

"You go, girl!"
Doesn’t seem like it should be a high priority for the state’s highest ranking attorney

Doesn’t seem like it should be a high priority for the state’s highest ranking attorney
The Florida Attorney General is going to accuse the NCAA of being woke too.

I realize football drives the bus, but it is a head scratcher that he didn't consider the same approach for our bread-and-butter hoops franchise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom