Flagrant foul call lost us the game | Syracusefan.com

Flagrant foul call lost us the game

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Without that 1 point off the free throw, it's a tie game when we get the ball back with 16 seconds left. We hold for the last shot and either win it or we 're in OT.

Refs have to be ed to call a flagrant there. It was a defensive foul.

The game is not played in a vacuum. The whole rest of the game would have been different. The refs were fine. If u throw up bricks all game ur going to lose

Horrible call, as was the missed travel. But no, our inability to make a jumper, or one three, cost us this game. Period.

The missed travel call was inexplicable. Seriously, he hopped twice. How can you even possible miss that? Oh well.

Great shooting guys!

GoHamSU said:
Horrible call, as was the missed travel. But no, our inability to make a jumper, or one three, cost us this game. Period.

Exactly.

Without that 1 point off the free throw, it's a tie game when we get the ball back with 16 seconds left. We hold for the last shot and either win it or we 're in OT.

They still should have held the ball and went for the win. Ennis threw up a bad jumper. Drive the damn ball inside.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have 10 national titles

The game is not played in a vacuum. The whole rest of the game would have been different. The refs were fine. If u throw up bricks all game ur going to lose

Dayton threw up bricks all game too. They sucked.

When both teams suck evenly, a horrible call can lose the game for somebody. College hoops sucks. Dumb rules, horrible refs, shitty players.

This team did not hit one three pointer and made maybe 2 jumpers all game. And still had chance to win with last possession. And this was basically a home game - not blaming the refs at all.

And are you shocked? This HAS BEEN THE NORM THE LAST HALF THE SEASON. It's not shocking, at all.

Who said anything about being shocked? Don't all caps me with your dumb comments.

When both teams suck evenly, a horrible call can lose the game for somebody. College hoops sucks. Dumb rules, horrible refs, shitty players.
I know ur mad, but think before u post. They were 7-16 from 3. We were 0-10. Who threw up bricks?

I hope this was a joke. 1 bad call in the first half can never lose the game for you. Not making a single 3 point shot for the first time in 20 years is a little more likely as the root cause of the loss.

I know ur mad, but think before u post. They were 7-16 from 3. We were 0-10. Who threw up bricks?

They were terrible. 55 points. I'm used to it from us.

In a game that goes down to the final shot, 1 free point is huge. The rule/call is absolutely ridiculous. Should've been a defensive foul.

Who said anything about being shocked? Don't all caps me with your dumb comments.

It was a plural "you". And I'll gladly remove myself from this thread.

Ur calling people out as dumb when you said both teams threw up bricks all day. LMAO. When they shot 43% from deep. and we shot ZERO

I hope this was a joke. 1 bad call in the first half can never lose the game for you. Not making a single 3 point shot for the first time in 20 years is a little more likely as the root cause of the loss.

I'm not excusing how we played at all. That's not the point.

We played how we played...the referees should not make a difference, especially off a replay.

You guys who don't think 1 point makes a difference in a tight game down to the last play? Really? Every point is enormous in a game like that. The ruling was absolutely absurd.

Ur calling people out as dumb when you said both teams threw up bricks all day. LMAO. When they shot 43% from deep. and we shot ZERO

It was a dumb comment. He went all caps saying "AND YOU ARE SHOCKED".

I can't find anything I said that would indicate that I'm shocked. He just likes to disagree with me, and he really gets worked up when referees are questioned.

And Dayton shot 41%. Bricks. They played terrible offensively.

We sucked on offense for over a month now. No one could hit the broad side of a barn. We had one outside threat, developed no other option off the bench, and gasped our way to the finish line. CJ looked gassed, Grant and BMK got hurt, and Cooney turned into a head case.
Predictable, plodding, slow, and inexplicably limited, this team was NOT doomed by the refs or anyone else.

I'm not excusing how we played at all. That's not the point.

We played how we played...the referees should not make a difference, especially off a replay.

You guys who don't think 1 point makes a difference in a tight game down to the last play? Really? Every point is enormous in a game like that. The ruling was absolutely absurd.
of course one point makes a difference, so that makes that bad call equally at fault with each missed free throw and 1/3 as responsible as Ennis' final shot.

of course one point makes a difference, so that makes that bad call equally at fault with each missed free throw and 1/3 as responsible as Ennis' final shot.

Again...the team played how they played.

One point was huge, and it should not have happened. Absurd.

I'm not even complaining about the missed travel. They're going to miss some. But going back and looking at that replay for 5 minutes, and handing them a point...absolutely ridiculous and wrong. And it made a difference.

yes sir

We sucked on offense for over a month now. No one could hit the broad side of a barn. We had one outside threat, developed no other option off the bench, and gasped our way to the finish line. CJ looked gassed, Grant and BMK got hurt, and Cooney turned into a head case.
Predictable, plodding, slow, and inexplicably limited, this team was NOT doomed by the refs or anyone else.
Both played like crap, but the game was changed on bad calls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom