Flopping | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Flopping

I know how to fix this -

Change the rule such that the secondary defender has no entitlement to space. None. If you're a secondary defender your only option is to make a defensive play on the ball or give up your body. That's it.

Primary defenders can benefit from a charge call, but change the rule so that a charge is a team foul and turnover, thus not counting against any individual player's foul count. This rule would exist because collegiate officiating simply can't tolerate anything else.
Exactly. I hate the way refs so often give help defenders the charging call. You better be set in place and there for a good couple of seconds before the offensive player goes into his motion; otherwise as a help defender you shouldn’t get the charging call.

Tell our guards to grow their hair out so they flail enough for the refs to notice?

Not much you can do given the current state of Officiating.

Alsacs point about Karl Malone is actually legit but if you purposefully drive and the refs can see intent on putting your knee or elbow into the defender, you're gone. Knock someone's teeth out with your elbow on a drive when they step in for a charge and the other players won't be very excited to keep doing that.

I think that's the biggest problem. Unless you flop, it's nearly impossible to get the charge.

My immediate change to make this better is no more secondary defenders allowed. You must be actively defending the offensive player to get the charge.

Remove the secondary defender. At worst call a turnover but not a foul on those.

Ideally I think a defender should be in actual defensive position as opposed to how they draw the charge. Would be safer all around. Entitlement of space as opposed to target practice.

Also the charge call seems to be fun for the ref to make, the block not so much. Make it cooler than hands on hips.

Remove the secondary defender. At worst call a turnover but not a foul on those.

Ideally I think a defender should be in actual defensive position as opposed to how they draw the charge. Would be safer all around. Entitlement of space as opposed to target practice.

Also the charge call seems to be fun for the ref to make, the block not so much. Make it cooler than hands on hips.

Something like this?

Duke vs. Rhody should be an epic game for flops
The flop Bowl? In all seriousness, it's very frustrating to watch all the flopping, even in a non-SU game. Hope it is addressed.

I was a terrible sport about these types of things. If someone flopped against me and got the call I would seek them out next time and make sure I delivered a real charge usually followed by a threat for something worse if they ever did that again. Don't follow my advice kids it leads to nothing but technical fouls, umpire ejections and red cards.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27757-1363102289-15.gif
Does coach K turn people into terrible people or are the morally inept prior to coming there?

Karl Malone used to drive the ball with his knee up and basically saying if you try to draw a charge my knee is going into your privates.
It worked for the Mailman.
but "drawing a charge" is not "flopping". Drawing a charge is a good and legal defensive move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom