Florida st. And V-tech game | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Florida st. And V-tech game

I don't understand why FSU would go to a no huddle offense system. That system is designed to even the playing field for lesser talented teams.

FSU should make sure they execute their offense and let their talent win.

They are killing themselves.

This × 1000. Its like Kentucky or Duke bball running the princeton offense or a slow down burn type of game ala Butler. They should be running a pro style offense and tailor it to their strengths ie Akers. Makes no sense for them to play that type of offense

FSU doesn’t have the weapons or speed on offense that Western Michigan had...:cool:

I will have to get on my co worker tom who predicted an fsu national title this year.

Wait. So, I'm supposed to be worried about an offense that scored 3 points, couldn't get out of their own 20, couldn't punch it in from the redzone four times, threw two interceptions, Oline was a sieve for most of the game, couldn't run the RPO if their life depended on it, but had one big run, and a few nice passes?

What a defensive game plan by Bud Foster and hoping DC Ward studies the game film long and hard. Think we definitely have a chance to knock off the ‘Noles in the Dome.

Wait. So, I'm supposed to be worried about an offense that scored 3 points, couldn't get out of their own 20, couldn't punch it in from the redzone four times, threw two interceptions, Oline was a sieve for most of the game, couldn't run the RPO if their life depended on it, but had one big run, and a few nice passes?

If we can somehow borrow Techs D then no but unfortunately we dont have anything close to that right now. SU can definitely beat FSU but we can't allow big plays like we did to Akers last year which cost us the game. FSU also outgained Tech in this game despite the lopsided score.

If we can somehow borrow Techs D then no but unfortunately we dont have anything close to that right now. SU can definitely beat FSU but we can't allow big plays like we did to Akers last year which cost us the game. FSU also outgained Tech in this game despite the lopsided score.

Our defense was light's out the first half, then the safeties got beat on three plays. We will adjust and get better. And while VTech's D was good, FSU's line was horrid, which helps VT look really good.

Wait, was that the sound of VT fans doing FSU's war chant as time expired? If so, I'm impressed.

This FSU tacking reminds me of...Oh never mind.
But I am interested in how FSU responds, they look like they gave up a bit on that drive

Their defense was very good most of the game. The FSU up tempo offense kept on coming off the field constantly too fast so the D was on the field ALL night. At the very end they finally were spent.

If you’ve ever seen us play defense then yea, you should be worried.

Our defense was light's out the first half, then the safeties got beat on three plays. We will adjust and get better. And while VTech's D was good, FSU's line was horrid, which helps VT look really good.

But those 3 plays cost us the game. It's hard to sit here and say that we can clear those up based on the lapses we keep seeing. I thought SU should have won last year and was the better team but Akers and a few missed opportunities cost us. SU has a shot but if FSU hits 2-3 homerun scores were gonna be hard pressed to win.

Kinda wish FSU won and didn’t enter the dome cornered, with something to prove. But that’s just psychological stuff. If we play our game on offense and tighten up the D could be fun in the dome.

FSU doesn’t have the weapons or speed on offense that Western Michigan had...:cool:

Lol. Hot take? Akers. #4. #8. Their OL really struggled. They could very well light up the Dome if our D miss assignments and give Francois a cleaner pocket than tonight which should be the case.

But those 3 plays cost us the game. It's hard to sit here and say that we can clear those up based on the lapses we keep seeing. I thought SU should have won last year and was the better team but Akers and a few missed opportunities cost us. SU has a shot but if FSU hits 2-3 homerun scores were gonna be hard pressed to win.

Right. Plus we don’t have Ishmael or Erv. We’ll need to score since they will because of sheer athleticism, IMO.

Kinda wish FSU won and didn’t enter the dome cornered, with something to prove. But that’s just psychological stuff. If we play our game on offense and tighten up the D could be fun in the dome.

I am glad they won’t come in 0-2 at least. We absolutely can win but our D isn’t VT’s. Should be a good one like last year, hopefully with a good ending this time

I am glad they won’t come in 0-2 at least. We absolutely can win but our D isn’t VT’s. Should be a good one like last year, hopefully with a good ending this time

Can our playmakers do anything against their D? FSU D was very good most of the game. I hope we can get some separation or YACs against them. I don’t see our RBs running away from them. It’s gonna have to be a Herculean effort (again) from Dungey and this ain’t WMU. VT would’ve beat WMU by 35+ and I like WMU.

Florida State's offense is shaky. They have no offensive line and their idea of a spread is a joke. Their defense is going to keep them in games this year. Syracuse will enter that game as a slight underdog. Wouldn't be surprised if they won.

Virginia Tech is a QB away from challenging Clemson for the ACC Title.

Dungey is going to need help on this one. Maybe from the 2 or 3-deep. Calling Howard, Queely, Wallace, Richards, Will the Thrill, Szymt(sp?), Cullen, Okechukwu. If FSU sees Custis as our only credible WR threat and double or shade to him that might open up a spectacular day for some other WR named Butler, Queely, Harris, Hendrix, Johnson(s) or even Riley. Very excited. If they could win this one they've got a great shot at 4-0.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom