Florida State 1-6 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State 1-6

Let's keep this thread updated... 1-6!!!

To all of those Seminole fans out there...

Ha Ha Lol GIF by Major League Soccer
dont forget our 1-10 season.........

That isn’t factually correct but close enough.

FSU did vote against the proposal to add SMU, Stanford and Cal to the ACC though.

FSU can always be counted on to do something stupid. It is their core expertise.

They have the dumbest administrators and fanbase in the country.

I have a hypothesis after 30+ years in business - the high profit margins lead to incompetent management. If you can be a clown and the business is going to succeed (in the short term) anyway, promotions tend to be based on politics and not merit. Eventually it catches up to businesses (which appears to be happening to Disney now).

Florida State is in a state which has grown massively in the last 40 years. As a result, they could afford to have clowns in charge - the university was going to grow and succeed anyway. But now they are faced with a situation in athletics that requires high business acumen to navigate through…and they’ve promoted politically savvy clowns for so long that they’ve got people in charge who have no chance of doing so successfully.

I have a hypothesis after 30+ years in business - the high profit margins lead to incompetent management. If you can be a clown and the business is going to succeed (in the short term) anyway, promotions tend to be based on politics and not merit. Eventually it catches up to businesses (which appears to be happening to Disney now).

Florida State is in a state which has grown massively in the last 40 years. As a result, they could afford to have clowns in charge - the university was going to grow and succeed anyway. But now they are faced with a situation in athletics that requires high business acumen to navigate through…and they’ve promoted politically savvy clowns for so long that they’ve got people in charge who have no chance of doing so successfully.
I concur with your hypothesis.

What's really strange is that DJ was a good QB last year for Oregon State. He was efficient, throwing for 21 TDs and 7 picks, and they were in the Top 25 all year.

If we're being honest, if Kyle McCord wasn't in the picture at all, and DJ somehow expressed interest in coming to SU, I would have been happy about it. I would have reasonably assumed he would have continued the trajectory he was on from his solid play in 2023. Obviously that's all out the window now.

FSU oline has been a disaster. That didnt help a QB that struggles to read the field.

What's really strange is that DJ was a good QB last year for Oregon State. He was efficient, throwing for 21 TDs and 7 picks, and they were in the Top 25 all year.

If we're being honest, if Kyle McCord wasn't in the picture at all, and DJ somehow expressed interest in coming to SU, I would have been happy about it. I would have reasonably assumed he would have continued the trajectory he was on from his solid play in 2023. Obviously that's all out the window now.

What????

He was mediocre at best last season.

He’s simply not a good qb.

If we ended up with DJU I would have had serious concerns

I think they beat UNC, who also stinks, but they very well could be 2-9 going into the Florida game.

Just a friendly reminder if you take away last season FSU in ACC play is 27-35 with 0.0 six W conference seasons over the last 9 years. Even if you include last season, FSU the last 9 years is 35-35 in ACC regular season games.

Should we rename them the BC of the South? Same colors too.

What????

He was mediocre at best last season.

He’s simply not a good qb.

If we ended up with DJU I would have had serious concerns
Last year he had a 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio, threw for 2600 yards and had a 145 passer rating. He was above average last year. If the choices were 2023 DJ or CDRW, I would have been happy with DJ in that moment in time.

I think they beat UNC, who also stinks, but they very well could be 2-9 going into the Florida game.

Just a friendly reminder if you take away last season FSU in ACC play is 27-35 with 0.0 six W conference seasons over the last 9 years. Even if you include last season, FSU the last 9 years is 35-35 in ACC regular season games.

Literally one good year in almost a decade and these clowns tried to bail outta the conference.

I delight in their losses and luxuriate in their tears.

MOAR LOSSES!

You think they are going to lose to 1-5 Charleston Southern? Man I hope that happens!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom