Florida State Crowd Predictions | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State Crowd Predictions

True. But it is unfortunate that a "youth football day" ends up being scheduled when the people it's aimed at arw already busy. Maybe it doesn't move the needle that much but you end up with a group of football fans and future football fans that can't take advantage of something being offered and SU can't maximize a promotion. Every bit helps. Of course it's not SU's fault that the biggest name on this year's home schedule is down and they couldn't anticipate we'd be relegated to a noon spot.

It is unfortunate, but doesn't the university announce those days before they know what the start time of the game is? It's out of their control.

No offense intended to you, Bees, but this is a tired excuse. It's not like youth football on Saturday mornings is a unique thing to Central New York. In fact, I'm sure that youth football participation in CNY is far, far lower than a lot of other parts of the country. I can't imagine something like that moves the needle all that much anyway. It isn't like every single person at a youth football game would be attending the SU game if there wasn't a time conflict.

Point is noon sucks for youth football day. Those that would go can’t now although I realize they made this youth football day before they knew the game time.

I may be wrong but didn't SU send email last year for free tickets for all students. They may still do that.

Minnesota crowd 48,617

Yeah, I remember it was really big, biggest we'd had since 2003 ND I think.

And it was a nightmare to get into the Dome. It was the day JKinPhilly (or wherever he lives now) and I figured out a good trick to get in. I'd bet it was less than 42k in their seats for the first snap over Paulus' head. But it filled up. Easily the biggest student section I have ever seen. Went from 102 to the band, all full, and the overflow corner, all full.

The only opening was after the student below us threw up, and it cleared out a couple rows.

I support our AD staff but this would be unacceptable. 41-42 would be great but its not looking like that with that map if true. Im a season ticket holder and I fully support them handing out the rest of my sections tickets for considerably reduced pricing. Just want it loud and full.

chip is right check your facts, It was the Greg Paulas debut, Huge local interest.
Per the ESPN write-up of the game:

With Syracuse trailing 14-3 late in the first quarter, Paulus electrified the near-capacity crowd of 48,617, which included former Syracuse star Donovan McNabb, with his first collegiate scoring pass.

Minnesota vs. Syracuse - Game Recap - September 5, 2009 - ESPN

I know that was the announced (read: paid) number and remember it being a huge crowd but still thought Clemson had more. And in my sport management classes at the time, they told us it was smaller than Penn State in 2008 in terms of turnstile count.

I know that was the announced (read: paid) number and remember it being a huge crowd but still thought Clemson had more. And in my sport management classes at the time, they told us it was smaller than Penn State in 2008 in terms of turnstile count.
I know by the end of the first quarter there were few empty seats visable. Certainly the number could have been less then announced. But not by alot.

It is unfortunate, but doesn't the university announce those days before they know what the start time of the game is? It's out of their control.
Did you read my whole post or just the first line? I just said that.

No offense intended to you, Bees, but this is a tired excuse. It's not like youth football on Saturday mornings is a unique thing to Central New York. In fact, I'm sure that youth football participation in CNY is far, far lower than a lot of other parts of the country. I can't imagine something like that moves the needle all that much anyway. It isn't like every single person at a youth football game would be attending the SU game if there wasn't a time conflict.

I have 2 kids playing football on Saturday. I will not be at the game because of it. And neither will my 2 kids or wife. So that's 4 people in 1 household.

She’s not falling for that one again.

She beat me to punch and will be in Boston for the weekend. I’m on kid duty. Can a 9 year old babysit a 4 year old overnight while their parents are away? I guess I wouldn’t know until I gave them that freedom.

You may give up your own freedom to find out! LOL

42,250, and it will sound like 90,000 William Wallace-led angry highlanders screaming down upon an army led by a tyrannical English king.

Also, I may have watched Braveheart last night.

I went to the 2004 night game against the Seminoles, a 7 PM start, and that place was AMAZING. Drunk, loud and menacing. The crowd, on nights like that, can truly will the team to victory, and we nearly did, if not for that damn fumble.

How did they travel 2 years ago?

They took over the Residence Inn downtown across the street from Kitty Hoyne's. There was even a Seminoles flag flying from one of the flag poles.

I personally think the closed practices and veil of secrecy is part of the problem. It does nothing to generate interest from the casual sports fan. And I think it also hurts the interest from people who maybe once were diehards but then life got in the way. Those are the people they're having trouble bringing back and the closed practices don't help.

Heck I find my own interest waning sometimes when I have no idea what's going on with the team.

Have to admit, when there's access there's more interest. Old channel 5 showing practice videos while discussing xyz latest player development and gearing up for the next opponent. Webb and Rahme with good inside articles. etc etc.

Now it's like F it.

The coaches don't do anything to generate interest when they have everything on lock down.

Did you read my whole post or just the first line? I just said that.

Anchorman-2-The-Legend-Continue-Ron-Burgundy-Will-Ferrell-Sorry-Gif.gif

we had 32K last time they were here. i dont expect them to bring a ton. just getting over 33K is enough to make a difference.

we have had only one game over 39K in the last 2 yrs so dont expect 40K now.

Well, to be fair, our home record has been dreadful. We have been 15-19 at home the last 5 years, including the punching bag teams.. Every other year we've put up a 4-3 record, but in between we had a 1-6 home record under Shafer in 2014 and 2-4 home record under Dino his first year.

I am a season ticket holder too. I don't care who paid for a ticket or how much they were. I buy my season tickets in hopes of showing up to a packed dome that is loud and the perfect environment for a great football product like it used to be. I bet a lot of people are like me. Give the darn tickets away and pack the place however you need to do it. You do that for a couple years and our coach will stay, players will come and we will win consistently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom