Florida State Crowd Predictions | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State Crowd Predictions

Noon start vs. later start isn't going to make a difference in 5 - 7K butts in the seat. People are either going to show up or they're not. If I don't want to waste my saturday with a noon game, I'm not going to mow the lawn/rake the leaves and then go to the dome at 3 - 4 in the afternoon. I'm either deciding to go or not.

The casual fan has no idea whether FSU is good or not this year. They just know it's FSU. But at the end of the day it's only game 3 of the season, preceding 2 bad seasons, and preceding previous years of getting your hopes up for big games only to look terrible at home.

I've been there for those games, they suck if your putting in 5 hours of drive time. Some of those Shafer games were almost as dreadful as Grob games. The casual fan needs more consistent wins to invest time, money, and energy.

I wonder if FSU fans are travelling in smaller numbers this year? I can't remember how they did filling up their allotment in previous visits. Sadly we need a few thousand away fans to help fill the place as I don't ever think we will often exceed 40,000 without the support of an opposing fan base.

Given their start and how laim Taggert is and factor in FSU has been to the dome 2x since we joined the ACC; might be a thin FSU contingent.

i don't think people realize how irrelevant Syracuse is to the casual fan. We are lunatics for sticking around thick and thin but the normal person IS raking leaves and doing other things b/c the product has been dreadful for 17 years. You lose your customers when your products stink.

If the attendance is 38k it's 38k hard core fans. The 5-6k additional fans are the curiosity seakers. They'll come if we win.

During the Gerg years there was many a noon Big East game of the week where I wondered what the hell I was doing with my life.

you wonder what ticket numbers would be were we still in the time of no internet and stubhub resellers. even people on this board move tickets around that 20 yrs ago would have been sales to the school. 200-500-1000 how many a game

I won't be there given I live in Ohio, but I'll be watching. Was invited as a plus 1 to a wedding with a girl I know, who knows the bride. Ceremony scheduled for Sat @ 1pm, reception @ 5pm. Before I officially told her I'd go with her she made the mistake of saying I could just go to the reception with her (I was on fence about wanting to go). Well... once I realized this game is at 12 (was a bit behind the 8 ball, as they say), no chance I miss this game to attend a wedding ceremony for a couple I don't even know.

So... I will be watching this game from the hotel room we and another couple will be staying at. When I told her I would be meeting at reception, she was a bit surprised and said "I can do whatever I want." We all know what that means. However, I brought up what she said a week prior about meeting at reception, which apparently was just a "courtesy" comment, not meant to be taken literally. Oops. I should introduce here to the sarcasm font.

Go orange.
Dedication. Have a like, my friend.

Upper bowl there is still tons of tickets left. Hopefully a good walk up crowd and they can push 40. SU needs to find a way to get those seats filled, this is a big game and a loud crowd could be the difference.

SU emailed me yesterday and said very limited seats are available, so definitely a sellout ;)

Seriously though, this is exactly the kind of game that should do very well. High end opponent but in a situation where we can actually beat them and it would represent a step forward for the program. But I also expect to be disappointed by turnout and probably will be until i'm proven wrong. I just want it to look full-ish on TV

repetitive excuse. Fact is a major program is coming to the dome in a game where cuse can realistically win. I'd rather people just not go rather than recycle the same trash over and over. Also, environment mattered in every big game won at home during a bad season.
It's not an excuse. Going to a football game is not a required activity that people are neglecting. It's entertainment that a person must pay to take part in. For the better part of 20 years this team has not been entertaining. The people on this board can see the progress that has been made and the potential for future success. All casual fans see are back to back 4-8 records.

You can like football a lot from your couch too.
Very true. It's a lot easier to tune in at noon and do something else after an hour if you're disappointed than spend money and leave frustrated. Not that I think we'll be frustrated, that's just the potential mindset of someone that hasn't bought in yet.

Very true. It's a lot easier to tune in at noon and do something else after an hour if you're disappointed than spend money and leave frustrated. Not that I think we'll be frustrated, that's just the potential mindset of someone that hasn't bought in yet.
You guys are right, I'm staying home

During the Gerg years there was many a noon Big East game of the week where I wondered what the hell I was doing with my life.

You should have listened to Buzz and got a life! He knew the future and it was quite dark for a spell.

I am thinking of coming up from CT but when I went to Dometix, I couldn't believe the prices. I mean, they are not going to break the bank or anything, but $50 for upper deck sidelines? Then an extra $6-7 fee per ticket. We are now talking $180 to take my wife and kid to a game that more often than not we lose before parking, food, gas and for me a hotel room. Not fan friendly at all.

I really have to wonder what SU is thinking, how in the world is Syracuse football currently a product that can price 300 level tickets for $110?? It’s kind of frustrating honestly to see. Knowing this is absolutely harming attendance for the game. The $110 tickets are just not selling, I’ve noticed hardly any difference from Monday till today. And I don’t think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out why.

I really have to wonder what SU is thinking, how in the world is Syracuse football currently a product that can price 300 level tickets for $110?? It’s kind of frustrating honestly to see. Knowing this is absolutely harming attendance for the game. The $110 tickets are just not selling, I’ve noticed hardly any difference from Monday till today. And I don’t think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out why.

Those are only the seats in the first 12 rows upstairs between the 30’s.

A couple of years ago, during Marrone's last season coaching SU, we had a game against the University of Minnesota. They were in a similar stage of their rebuild, with a new coach who was in his second or third season. They were 2-0, and smelled blood in the water playing this game at home.

So given that they'd only sold about half the tickets, the week of the game they began offering $5 tickets, and then gave a ton away to students at the end to make a big push to ensure that the stadium was packed. Net result: a sellout crowd.

Reading some of the stuff above, I wish that SU would see the big picture here and consider reducing prices to get more B.I.S.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago, during Marrone's last season coaching SU, we had a game against the University of Minnesota. They were in a similar stage of their rebuild, with a new coach who was in his second or third season. They were 2-0, and smelled blood in the water playing this game at home.

So given that they'd only sold about half the tickets, they began offering $5 tickets, and then gave a ton away to students to ensure that the stadium was packed. Net result: a sellout crowd.

Reading some of the stuff above, I wish that SU would see the big picture here and consider reducing prices to get more B.I.S.

Agreed, the more people in the dome, the better for everyone. Can't get fans to spend money on concessions etc if they don't show up. It's not great to start selling tickets for 1/10 the cost but what can you do at this point??

So given that they'd only sold about half the tickets, they began offering $5 tickets, and then gave a ton away to students to ensure that the stadium was packed. Net result: a sellout crowd.

Don't forget Marrone's first game. Against that same Minnesota team (that I know doesn't pop for the casual SU fan). In the Dome. At Noon. There were about 47k in the building.

I believe the moral of the story is.

1. Someone from SU should stand in the middle of the state fair with a stack of unsold tickets, and throw them up in the air.
2. We should change coaches before every game.

Attendance woes are solved. This first consultation is free.

I wonder if there will be any issues of FSU fans or even the team making it up here with that storm. The team I'm sure will probably adjust what they need to but for folks flying up tomorrow it could be an issue.

Any guesses with how we are looking as of now through Ticketmaster? I am assuming about 40K so far...not good. And I agree with the poor pricing structure. That definitely needs to be fixed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom