Floyd Little has cancer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Floyd Little has cancer

Please don't mis-interpret what I am gong to say here. I know Floyd well, and I seriously like him and his wife DeBorah. But I have to wonder why someone would think he needs a "GoFundMe" page. He had a very successful 9-year NFL career, doubtless has a good pension and is eligible for myriad NFL retiree health-related benefits .. Resources for Former Players Archives - NFL Play Smart, Play Safe He also has Medicare which is a truly excellent health insurance policy.

I thought "GoFundMe" pages were, for example, for destitute families who tragically lost a child for whom they could not afford medical care or funeral expenses. I have never heard of one for a famous, successful person.

In spite of that observation, all my thoughts and prayers are with Floyd and Deborah as they face this battle.
I had cancer several years ago, and I can tell you even with insurance my bill for treatment was big, about 20 to 30 percent came out of my pocket. For many people after you reach medicare your other insurance drops away if you do not buy supplemental insurance you can have substantial bills. I have no idea what cancer Floyd has or his insurance situation, but mine was relatively easily treatable and compared to some types not as expensive.
Good luck Floyd.

I would hope that SU and or the Broncos organizations would step up and support him.

One of the great heroes of my youth, along with Brown, Davis, Csonka, Bing and Roberto Clemente.

Unlike many here I've never had the fortune of meeting him. I'm hoping more than ever to get that chance some day.

2020 sucks
Seriously, it’s like the worst of 1918 (Spanish flu pandemic), the worst of 1929 (the depression and the economic collapse), and the worst of 1968 (assassinations riots, etc.), all rolled into one.

03ED7E55-4C61-479C-BBA3-EE56CEF8E5A7.jpeg

I met Floyd at Fport Drum when the football team used to go there for camp. Such a nice, down to earth human being. Very gracious. He showed me his CFB HOF ring and his NFL HOF ring. They were huge on his hands. And he was very proud of them. A great guy and I feel very lucky to have met him.

Go Floyd! Kick Cancers As$!

Thats me on the left... :)

View attachment 181915
Dude that is an awesome picture!

Seriously, it’s like the worst of 1918 (Spanish flu pandemic), the worst of 1929 (the depression and the economic collapse), and the worst of 1968 (assassinations riots, etc.), all rolled into one.

View attachment 181952

I’m still waiting for the assassination, TBH.

Will feel incomplete otherwise.

Please don't mis-interpret what I am gong to say here. I know Floyd well, and I seriously like him and his wife DeBorah. But I have to wonder why someone would think he needs a "GoFundMe" page. He had a very successful 9-year NFL career, doubtless has a good pension and is eligible for myriad NFL retiree health-related benefits .. Resources for Former Players Archives - NFL Play Smart, Play Safe He also has Medicare which is a truly excellent health insurance policy.

I thought "GoFundMe" pages were, for example, for destitute families who tragically lost a child for whom they could not afford medical care or funeral expenses. I have never heard of one for a famous, successful person.

In spite of that observation, all my thoughts and prayers are with Floyd and Deborah as they face this battle.
I get what you are saying CTO but I think some people set up GoFundMe pages so they can feel like they are doing something, anything for a friend who is struggling. Like many others I have seen friends battle illness and it is a helpless feeling. By setting up and encouraging donations at least you feel like you are helping.

I have never met Mr. Little, but by all accounts he is a class act, a great representative for SU and someone who upholds the legend of #44. My best wishes go to him and his family.

View attachment 181952
Yup, in addtion to all the other BS going on, I lost my father in Feb and just found out a week ago that my step-father has glioblastoma, the tumor is too close to his brain stem so no operation and he probably has only a few months left. I'm about done with this year.

Yup, in addtion to all the other BS going on, I lost my father in Feb and just found out a week ago that my step-father has glioblastoma, the tumor is too close to his brain stem so no operation and he probably has only a few months left. I'm about done with this year.
Man so sorry to hear about all that. Hang in