Football board>basketball board | Syracusefan.com

Football board>basketball board

It's very hard to post over there after a loss and not spark some huge debate. Especially when it comes to coaching.

For as many people who thought that Doug could do no wrong, it's nothing compared to Pope Boeheim.

The basketball team right now, is better than our football team was at the end. The football team didn't get a win this year as good as the win the hoop team had at the ville. Plus, the two wins on the final play give the football team a inflated view. When we get ranked in football, and I hope it is soon, let me know.

The basketball team right now, is better than our football team was at the end. The football team didn't get a win this year as good as the win the hoop team had at the ville. Plus, the two wins on the final play give the football team a inflated view. When we get ranked in football, and I hope it is soon, let me know.

If you don't think this year's football season has been more fun/rewarding then the bball squad, then you are a bball first fan. I miss football, and I miss it badly.

If you don't think this year's football season has been more fun/rewarding then the bball squad, then you are a bball first fan. I miss football, and I miss it badly.

Read the posts in the football archive up to and including the sixth game. I didn't see anyone predicting the team winning six of the last seven. In fact, most were discussing who the next coach would be.

Read the posts in the football archive up to and including the sixth game. I didn't see anyone predicting the team winning six of the last seven. In fact, most were discussing who the next coach would be.

Funny, that's what we were discussing a week after winning 6 of the last 7.

It was the end of the season that made it so. We are just getting to the end of the hoop season now. I do know this, the hoop team could beat any team in the country. The football team couldn't. Big difference in the Big East between the talent in football and basketball between the different schools.

The football season was the best this year - I'm still kicking myself cause I had a chance to go to the Mizzou game! That game alone was far better than any bball game this year!

It was the end of the season that made it so. We are just getting to the end of the hoop season now. I do know this, the hoop team could beat any team in the country. The football team couldn't. Big difference in the Big East between the talent in football and basketball between the different schools.

Syracuse should have been ranked in the final top 25. Not that rankings really matter, but we did play one of the toughest OOC in the country, and had some huge wins against Louisville, and WVU . I truly believe we were one of the top 15 teams in the country by years end, and could have played with almost anyone.

Ever since the uconn game, the bball team has been painful to watch. With the exception of Providence, it's like having multiple root canals.

Syracuse should have been ranked in the final top 25. Not that rankings really matter, but we did play one of the toughest OOC in the country, and had some huge wins against Louisville, and WVU . I truly believe we were one of the top 15 teams in the country by years end, and could have played with almost anyone.
Top 15? How many teams in the SEC were better than the Orange. Let's start with that. We were 0-2 against the Big 10. I was excited at the end of the year but let's be real.

Top 15? How many teams in the SEC were better than the Orange. Let's start with that. We were 0-2 against the Big 10. I was excited at the end of the year but let's be real.

0-2 was at the beginning. once we got Pugh back we were a total different team. I would have given us a fighting chance against anyone. Sure some of the top teams were clearly better, but i didn't see 25 teams that were better at the end. I think 15-20 is very fair.

The Louisville win in football was bigger than the Louisville win in basketball this year in my opinion. The football team had good wins versus Lville, WVU, Mizzou, and Pitt (USF was also impressive because of the comeback but will leave that out because of the disaster that is USF). Bball has impressive wins versus SDSU (ranked at that the time), Arkansas, Lville, and ND. Maybe you could include Nova and Cinci. Overall though same number of good wins with half the games for football. Your own eyes should tell you the bball team is really struggling.

The Louisville win in football was bigger than the Louisville win in basketball this year in my opinion. The football team had good wins versus Lville, WVU, Mizzou, and Pitt (USF was also impressive because of the comeback but will leave that out because of the disaster that is USF). Bball has impressive wins versus SDSU (ranked at that the time), Arkansas, Lville, and ND. Maybe you could include Nova and Cinci. Overall though same number of good wins with half the games for football. Your own eyes should tell you the bball team is really struggling.
Name any basketball school right now. I would not be scared to play them. We would be in the game. Alabama, LSU, Ohio St., and others, we couldn't get on the field with in football.

Name any basketball school right now. I would not be scared to play them. We would be in the game. Alabama, LSU, Ohio St., and others, we couldn't get on the field with in football.
Are you kidding? They should be scared s$@tless of playing the sisters of the poor, BC, Cornell, etc.

Are you kidding? They should be scared s$@tless of playing the sisters of the poor, BC, Cornell, etc.
yeah sure. We lost three in a row to three good teams. Sucks but there isn't a bad team in the bunch. All 3 are much better than Minn and Northwestern in football.

We looked pretty good on the field against Louisville. And they looked pretty good against Florida. Right now I would be scared to see this basketball team play anyone in the top 25. Or any team with two good guards.

does more "likes" make you cooler and smarter???
I got a long way to go before I start posting anything worthwhile
Don't let that stop ypu. It never has for me.:oops:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom