Football board>basketball board | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Football board>basketball board

Top 15? How many teams in the SEC were better than the Orange. Let's start with that. We were 0-2 against the Big 10. I was excited at the end of the year but let's be real.
He's right SU was one of the top 15 teams in the country by years end. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that they would have given Bama a better game than ND did. Don't forget SU rocked an undefeated Louisville team that in turn beat Florida.

He's right SU was one of the top 15 teams in the country by years end. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that they would have given Bama a better game than ND did. Don't forget SU rocked an undefeated Louisville team that in turn beat Florida.

Alabama would have murdered us. Don't be ridiculous dude.

Also, the Basketball Board is a cancer. You have the people who have ordained Boeheim GLORIOUS LEADER on one side, you have the people that want to can Boeheim on the other, and then the people stuck in the middle who are hated by the die hard loyalists for daring to question Boeheim (looking at you, Townie) and hated by the others for not being mad enough about Boeheim ing around.

How do you have 3127 posts and only 119 likes?

That has to be the lowest MPL of any poster on this board with a minimum 500 posts.

For as many people who thought that Doug could do no wrong, it's nothing compared to Pope Boeheim.
Difference is Boeheim has actually earned respect and trust.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The basketball team right now, is better than our football team was at the end. The football team didn't get a win this year as good as the win the hoop team had at the ville. Plus, the two wins on the final play give the football team a inflated view. When we get ranked in football, and I hope it is soon, let me know.

Not sure about that.

The Louisville win at home and the WVU win in the Pinstripe were huge wins.

Not sure about that.

The Louisville win at home and the WVU win in the Pinstripe were huge wins.
WVU was a .500 team on a losing streak

The Louisville destruction at home was huge, and the Pinstripe Bowl, on national TV, and an absolute curb-stomping of Geno Smith was big for the national exposure of the program.

so where did you think we were by the end of the year? outside the top 25? it was an injustice to us that was the case. considering our OOC schedule, finish to the season, addition of arguably best player when the winning streak started, and the ways we did lose, you honestly don't believe we were a top 25 team? I don't consider myself a homer at all. I usually call it how I see it, but I couldn't have been happier with what I was seeing on the field by seasons end. I truly believe we would have gave a game to anyone in the country. Maybe not win, but wouldn't have got blown out by anyone. In fact when was the last time we got blown out? Has to be a couple years.

Talk about stupid, who really makes it a point to argue with their own fans at the same school about what message board is better? They are equal after a loss or losses. New posters start coming out of no where with their doomsday prepper logic.

And they and their fans thought they were going to kick our azzes, ya know, cuz since they were now in the mighty B12, no way were they going to get beat by a lowly BE team.

I don't understand how people can view the multiple pages of the syracusefan.com forum as exclusive entities... aren't the large majority of people who have signed up for this webpage simply Syracuse University sports fans? I visit each page the same amount on a daily basis, even though basketball is the sport I follow the closest in my personal life. Anyone in the football forum who thinks the comments were different then they are on the basketball board, when something like Jerome Smith being run on a sweep on the goal line for a loss against Minnesota, has no grasp on reality. None.

I don't understand how people can view the multiple pages of the syracusefan.com forum as exclusive entities... aren't the large majority of people who have signed up for this webpage simply Syracuse University sports fans? I visit each page the same amount on a daily basis, even though basketball is the sport I follow the closest in my personal life. Anyone in the football forum who thinks the comments were different then they are on the basketball board, when something like Jerome Smith being run on a sweep on the goal line for a loss against Minnesota, has no grasp on reality. None.

I agree. Its laughable.

Yes sir. Thats pretty much what i said and theres been multiple posts on the subject as well. People here take themselves wayyyy to serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a very large amount of basketball only fans for Syracuse.

All due respect, but I have never understood the logic behind a thread like this.
As long as the name on the front says Syracuse, why discriminate?
I'm not a fan of the NHL, but as a native NY'er I have no quarrel with cheering for the Rangers.
It just seems self-defeating to start parsing your fandom, based only on the sport you favor.
Kinda dumb, IMO.:noidea:

I enjoy how one board says it is better then the other one when that board is in the off-season...

I enjoy how one board says it is better then the other one when that board is in the off-season...

That should tell you everything you need to know.

This is still the first board I come to - infinitely more entertaining than the shitshow on the basketball board.

I love both boards but there is WAY more chest pounding...I'm a true fan thing going on over here than the hoops board. Huge inferiority complex problem whether people want to admit it or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom