Football board>basketball board | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Football board>basketball board

I love both boards but there is WAY more chest pounding...I'm a true fan thing going on over here than the hoops board. Huge inferiority complex problem whether people want to admit it or not.

Yep, was just going to chime in that there appears to be some penis envy going on here...seeing that it seems like it's always the Football Board that starts these threads.

As for the topic at hand, though, I think I'll let Reggie Spearman's quote do the talking...

Spearman (a 2013 linebacker recruit who eventually signed with Iowa), upon receiving an offer from SU, posted to his twitter account, "Syracuse just offered #ACC. I wish I played basketball."

http://syracusefan.com/threads/reggie-spearman.42808/

:eek:

Yep, was just going to chime in that there appears to be some penis envy going on here...seeing that it seems like it's always the Football Board that starts these threads.

As for the topic at hand, though, I think I'll let Reggie Spearman's quote do the talking...

Spearman (a 2013 linebacker recruit who eventually signed with Iowa), upon receiving an offer from SU, posted to his twitter account, "Syracuse just offered #ACC. I wish I played basketball."

No doubt. People here get amnesia. Just look up the Greg Robinson years threads (if they were available). Look up two years ago when we lost 5 straight to end the season. This board was out of control.

I enjoy how one board says it is better then the other one when that board is in the off-season...
you just took a snapshot of todays date, but if youve been here...you know thats not true.

when we went to 2+ boards about 12 years or so ago, the disparity of education levels became quite evident.

romper room over there quickly established itself as the lesser of the 2.

anyone defending it, is likely a cause of the rampant childishness there.

Oh Lord

you just took a snapshot of todays date, but if youve been here...you know thats not true.

when we went to 2+ boards about 12 years or so ago, the disparity of education levels became quite evident.

Oh Lord

I think we can all agree that it's the fact that I post mostly on the football side that can be directly correlated to why the football board is so much better.

Oh Lord

Your right, this board was a model of a board when the team started badly this year and when Marrone left for Buffalo...

And, so now I am a cause of the rampant childishness? Interesting.

He later signed with that powerhouse Iowa. Lol

Your right, this board was a model of a board when the team started badly this year and when Marrone left for Buffalo...

And, so now I am a cause of the rampant childishness? Interesting.
please.

the difference is much deeper than posts when doogie couldnt coach his way out of a wet paper bag in sept and oct, was in a 8 game or so losing streak v bcs teams and was rightfully questioned.

we are talking posts along the lines of when the game tipped off, possession went to the enemy, they come down and get a bucket...and its post after post of 'game over' or 'we suck'. 'i wish ***** would transfer' etc...

followed by a post thread of 'whos your favorite player in short shorts to wear air jordans?'

really didnt mean you were defending, but whatever.

Again...what earthly difference does it make?
Juvenile logic, IMO.

the difference is much deeper than posts when doogie couldnt coach his way out of a wet paper bag in sept and oct, was in a 8 game or so losing streak v bcs teams and was rightfully questioned.

we are talking posts along the lines of when the game tipped off, possession went to the enemy, they come down and get a bucket...and its post after post of 'game over' or 'we suck'. 'i wish ***** would transfer' etc...

You can literally replace every single one of your examples with an example from football. Just like when Kobena fumbles the opening kickoff or the defense lets the offense drive down the field easily. I mean, people were hoping Zach Allen suffered a career ending injury (and worse).

I don't understand why so many are offended by the bball board. Is it b/c they hate that the people who are bball only didn't have to suffer through G-Rob?

I post on both when the mood strikes. I don't even notice a difference in overall tone on the boards during the season. If your losing, the board is depressing. If your winning, the board is uplifting.

You can literally replace every single one of your examples with an example from football. Just like when Kobena fumbles the opening kickoff or the defense lets the offense drive down the field easily. I mean, people were hoping Zach Allen suffered a career ending injury (and worse).

I don't understand why so many are offended by the bball board. Is it b/c they hate that the people who are bball only didn't have to suffer through G-Rob?

I post on both when the mood strikes. I don't even notice a difference in overall tone on the boards during the season. If your losing, the board is depressing. If your winning, the board is uplifting.
well, points scored in football is a HELL of a lot different than points scored in hoop. and im sure a few kids make it over here, im often on the hoop side as well.

id say what you find on the hoop board is that the hoop success has brought it more fans. and with that you get more idiots.

personally, im an alumni. i love the whole school and all its sports. yes, i hate the fact over there i find myself in a thread with some hoop only troll who wants to discuss haircuts & socks and doesnt give a crap about the university and who likely roots against MY football team in the fall as they wear an alabama sweatshirt to the mall.

but to get back on point, its just dumber and childish over there. been that way for over a decade.

it is what it is, we cant help it now. :noidea:

Oh Lord

Exhibit A: Macky MacPherson's freshman season.

I love football. I like basketball. Hence why I like the football board better. That being said, they both have their drama queens. You just have to wear muck boots sometimes to wade through the dung...on both boards. ;)

This is the dumbest thread I've seen in awhile, which is amazing actually.

Think about it, Syracuse fans arguing with eachother about which sports forum is better. GOLD.

This is the dumbest thread I've seen in awhile, which is amazing actually.
I feel like you're issuing a challenge here.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom