For all you Dan Hurley haters ... | Syracusefan.com

For all you Dan Hurley haters ...

I thought it was a good article. I don't like him because his sideline demeanor is over the top. I have not seen that as much this year. I do know he has built a tremendous team and I'm extremely jealous of that.

He’s built a good team

We’ve all been competitors. We’ve all played sports. He carries himself in a way that if I ever acted like that on a golf course (golf was my sport), my dad would say “if you ever do that Shyt again, you’re never playing another hole in your life. Kabish?”

And no grown adult should ever act the way he does. Set an example. Act like you’ve been there

yeah-no-nope.gif

Joyce - I don’t care if his charitable works put Mother Theresa to shame, and he donates all of his salary to support local food kitchens -

I’m gonna sports-hate the ever-living FFF outta Hurley for as long as he’s stroking out on a basketball court sideline. And beyond.

I thought it was a good article. I don't like him because his sideline demeanor is over the top. I have not seen that as much this year. I do know he has built a tremendous team and I'm extremely jealous of that.
He was interviewed at halftime on Sunday and said he was costing his team games by arguing with the refs. So he made an effort to stop.

... (and even for the non-haters), this is a article that might alter your perception of him.

The Athletic is great for some of these articles (how NYG’s Daboll hires assistants this weekend stands out recently.) But this one felt like it was expecting more to play out since 1993 and it never materialized.

He was interviewed at halftime on Sunday and said he was costing his team games by arguing with the refs. So he made an effort to stop.

He's been caught on camera with his usual stunts at times still but has done better to not be as direct or within earshot this year...

... (and even for the non-haters), this is a article that might alter your perception of him.

At the end of the day in the majority of professions his behavior and antics would have him facing disciplinary action. Luckily for him, collegiate institutions are more tolerant.

He isn't the only one out there if you look at McCaffery and Juwan Howard as a couple current higher profile examples. His outbursts came at a much higher frequency that either of those guys.

End of the day- he's a grown man that makes more money than 98 pct of the population at his job. If he respects how hard he had to work to get the job he should have more respect for those around him that work in the profession.

Just as I've never had sympathy for corporate leaders who conduct themselves poorly in the work setting - goes the same for Hurley. Let's see him carry this softer more professional side for a few years and show he is committed to it.

At the end of the day in the majority of professions his behavior and antics would have him facing disciplinary action. Luckily for him, collegiate institutions are more tolerant.

He isn't the only one out there if you look at McCaffery and Juwan Howard as a couple current higher profile examples. His outbursts came at a much higher frequency that either of those guys.

End of the day- he's a grown man that makes more money than 98 pct of the population at his job. If he respects how hard he had to work to get the job he should have more respect for those around him that work in the profession.

Just as I've never had sympathy for corporate leaders who conduct themselves poorly in the work setting - goes the same for Hurley. Let's see him carry this softer more professional side for a few years and show he is committed to it.
Let’s see how he acts when they’re losing.

Easy to yell at the refs less when your team is doing much better than it did the previous 4 years.

Yeah, he runs a class operation. The last time we lost to them, one of his staff told our players to get off the floor. I guess some here don't remember that. Good thing I do.

Yep...that assistant was a giant A-hole. Is that guy still on their staff?