For all you Dan Hurley haters ... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

For all you Dan Hurley haters ...

687FF4BC-7828-4FE4-A2B7-6F42E2259BB9.jpeg

Investigative reporting.

There are no teams to root for in the Final Four.

I can't root for UCONN (not because of Hurley) because if they win it just further cements their status as the best 1 or 2 programs of my adult life, and puts us further behind in stature and ahead in incessant, jealous, whining. If I take off my orange glasses their style is the most enjoyable to watch as they play both ends and execute at a high level...but its UCONN.

Miami was part of the probe that was going to fix college basketball. Just because their coach is a nice guy doesn't erase that. I don't mind it but if you have spoken out against NIL you can't root for Miami.

SDSU is setting college basketball back years with their style. They will already have enough imitators who will ruin the game even more as every second tier conference will be looking for old dudes who can't shoot and just want to gunk up the game. Think Cuse vs ND at the Dome in the coldest February day in history. Losing 51-50 I think - death watch.

FAU lost my vote when the kid hot dogged the dunk at the end of the FDU game, and their coach sort of dismissed it. They also have a UCONN transfer on the team. They play a fun style and are the underdog so they get my support this weekend thru default.

This is what I want to see...

I can't root for UCONN (not because of Hurley) because if they win it just further cements their status as the best 1 or 2 programs of my adult life, and puts us further behind in stature and ahead in incessant, jealous, whining.

Yeah, this final four sucks for reasons you stated. I live in Tampa so I'm really over Miami. I also listen to the Dan Lebatard show daily so them winning is even more painful right now. That said, there isn't much worse than UConn. FDU and SDSU... who cares. I still can't believe these two programs are a win away from playing for a title. This is what ticks me off about us only having one title. You have a Miami, FDU, and SDSU come along and can tie us in the next few days.

Here is my wish list...

- Miami beats UConn in a very taxing game that goes triple overtime.
- FDU and SDU - again, who cares who wins. I just hope the winner wins easily so they're nicely rested.
- The winner of FDU/SDU beats Miami in the title game.

I can't root for UCONN (not because of Hurley) because if they win it just further cements their status as the best 1 or 2 programs of my adult life, and puts us further behind in stature and ahead in incessant, jealous, whining. If I take off my orange glasses their style is the most enjoyable to watch as they play both ends and execute at a high level...but its UCONN.

Miami was part of the probe that was going to fix college basketball. Just because their coach is a nice guy doesn't erase that. I don't mind it but if you have spoken out against NIL you can't root for Miami.

SDSU is setting college basketball back years with their style. They will already have enough imitators who will ruin the game even more as every second tier conference will be looking for old dudes who can't shoot and just want to gunk up the game. Think Cuse vs ND at the Dome in the coldest February day in history. Losing 51-50 I think - death watch.

FAU lost my vote when the kid hot dogged the dunk at the end of the FDU game, and their coach sort of dismissed it. They also have a UCONN transfer on the team. They play a fun style and are the underdog so they get my support this weekend thru default.
Eh I dunno man none of those reasons for Miami/SDSU/FAU seem even remotely convincing enough to not make me happy if they win it all and UConn doesn't.

Eh I dunno man none of those reasons for Miami/SDSU/FAU seem even remotely convincing enough to not make me happy if they win it all and UConn doesn't.

I am 100% rooting for anyone but UConn. Then, in order:

FAU: Boca Raton deserves a party week for one of the best retirement towns in America (my grandma was retired to West Palm Beach - Century Village; those peeps can party! in that general area).

Miami: I like Jim L and I don't mind their team. Plus Miami is a great city.

SDSU: San Diego - great weather!

I am 100% rooting for anyone but UConn. Then, in order:

FAU: Boca Raton deserves a party week for one of the best retirement towns in America (my grandma was retired to West Palm Beach - Century Village; those peeps can party! in that general area).

Miami: I like Jim L and I don't mind their team. Plus Miami is a great city.

SDSU: San Diego - great weather!
Now that I think about it is San Diego the only major US city to have never won a championship in a major sport?