Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
1280px-Pony_Express_Map_William_Henry_Jackson.jpg

Welcome to Pony Express Day!

The Pony Express was a mail service delivering messages, newspapers, and mail.

The Pony Express was a great financial investment to the US. During its 18 months of operation, it reduced the time for messages to travel between the Atlantic and Pacific coasts to about 10 days.[1] From April 3, 1860 to October 1861, it became the West's most direct means of east–west communication before the transcontinental telegraph was established (October 24, 1861), and was vital for tying the new U.S. state of California with the rest of the United States.

SU News

April in the ACC: Virginia in the Final Four, Triangle teams out :: WRALSportsFan.com (wralsportsfan.com; Holliday)

In the later stages of the NCAA Tournament, games are decided by small things. R.J. Barrett missed the free throw he needed to make and made the free throw he needed to miss. Virginia's Ty Jerome got the make he wanted and the miss he needed, though much more was required of his teammates in the seconds that followed. Bottom line: Duke calls it a season while Virginia moves on to the Final Four.

The words of Frank McGuire keep ringing in my ears. I had the chance in 1975 to ask McGuire about UNC's 1957 title run, a 32-0 masterpiece that featured back to back triple overtime wins in the final two games. "Remember this," McGuire told me, "in a coach's life, you've got to be good and you've got to be lucky."

ACC Panic Room: Offseason of roster uncertainty awaits (wralsportsfan.com; video; Ovies and Brownlow)

Lauren Brownlow and Joe Ovies discuss what's next for Triangle basketball squads.

ACC Basketball: Zion, Ty Jerome and Coby White lead All-NCAA Tournament team (bustingbrackets.com; Geib)

The NCAA Tournament is now down to the Final Four, featuring one from ACC Basketball team. Who have been the top players from the league in the Big Dance?

The first weekend of the NCAA Tournament was all chalk, leading many casual viewers to be disappointed missing out on the thrill of underdog upsets and games coming down to the wire. However, that all drastically changed in the Sweet Sixteen and the Elite 8 rounds. The games last weekend might have been the greatest compilation as a whole that I can remember in recent history.

The Elite 8 had two games that went to overtime and two games decided by less than five points combined. If you did not feel the exhilaration and excitement you have become accustomed to in March Madness this past weekend, then you must have had your television on the wrong HGTV.

From, seeing Carson Edwards looking as if he was shooting in a basketball hoop the size of a swimming pool to Michigan State knocking off the overall one seed Duke Blue Devils, the Tournament was at its best this last round. With that being said, it is a perfect time to look back on the outstanding performances in the NCAA Tournament this year and with respects to this article, the best performances for players from ACC Basketball.

In this article, I will break down the 2019 NCAA Tournament All-ACC Basketball Team. Let me know if you agree or disagree with the five players I believe made the biggest impact on their respective teams throughout the Tournament.

Sources: Texas A&M is expected to hold a Thursday Press Conference to introduce Virginia Tech's Buzz Williams as its next head basketball coach. Williams is tentatively scheduled to meet with the Aggies' players on Wednesday night.

Other

Year-round hops at Hot House Brewing in Cicero, NY. (PS; video)

Hot House Brewing at Barone Gardens will grow its own hops year round in a greenhouse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom