For your Newhouse, AP and ESPN-based PR tools... | Syracusefan.com

For your Newhouse, AP and ESPN-based PR tools...

LBusDoor90

Walk On
...that keep fueling this nonsense that the refs stole the game from you, please share the following with them-

Pertaining to the personal foul called on RU after the blocked FG and TD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4fRoLTVkfg

And as for the game ending fumble being BS:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn265/seels2662/fumble/fumble.gif

I would think it would be in your best interest to stop having your interviewed alums and affiliated media (or in some cases, Cuse grads working for the AP) stop embarrassing themselves with this nonsense.

Please also spare us the nonsense about the game being given to RU by Cuse. Did you want us to reach a 4th missed FG to even consider we tried to do the same? When it comes to the turnovers, were you paying attention to how our defense caused them in each of the previous 3 games with regularity?

Yes, BOTH teams at times played ridiculously horrible football. Your boy Nassib certainly made mistakes but he is the second QB with a previously high completion percentage that our secondary gave problems. You might want to take him at his word - our D is very, very fast. I think he is going to end up one of the smartest, most efficient QBs in the northeast over the next few years. In watching film, I'm sure the fact that our D is much faster than URI, Maine and Toledo probably came as no surprise to him.

Yeah, getting sick of the controversial SU/RU game leading SportsCenter. :rolleyes:

Seriously, What are you talking about? Got any links?

Nothing like coming in with both guns a blazing?

I would love to play you guys again with our First String Defense. Enjoy the win...I see both of us making crappy 3rd tier bowls this year.

Nothing like coming in with both guns a blazing?

... and the room being empty. I don't know anyone that is complaining about the fumble call. In fact, the only person I've heard claim that Ant was down was himself. And the blocked FG call didn't impact the outcome of the game because RU scored a TD soon afterward anyway.

Here you go --

1) Your girl Andrea (along with others on ESPN broadcasts with a vested interest in making the promised 5 extra million to each ACC team look worth it and not just a basketball move):
"The Orange blew the game against Rutgers. There really is no way around saying that. They had ample opportunities to put the win away, but too many turnovers doomed them." - http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/24463/big-east-power-rankings-7

2) Your alum John Kekis (who actually is so committed to his alma mater, he made HIMSELF orange) in the NY Post:
"Bailey appeared to be down on a television replay, but the ruling on the field was upheld, sending the Scarlet Knights (3-1, 1-0 Big East) into a frenzy after they had huddled along their sideline waiting." - http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...nge_in_double_overtime_UYJkHGp1ow4Eb9rrYZni1L
(I can understand you missing that one though. It's from the NYC media which is 5 hours away.)

3) My favorite - on "College Football Talk" on the VS. Network, there was a segment with former Syracuse tight end Roland Williams. The host asked him "What was the outcome of that (Rutgers) game" and he just said "we ran out of time, officials made a bad call." (Sorry, no link - it was a TV show, where we have heard most of this nonsense.)

Enough already.

Here you go --

1) Your girl Andrea (along with others on ESPN broadcasts with a vested interest in making the promised 5 extra million to each ACC team look worth it and not just a basketball move):
"The Orange blew the game against Rutgers. There really is no way around saying that. They had ample opportunities to put the win away, but too many turnovers doomed them." - http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/24463/big-east-power-rankings-7

2) Your alum John Kekis (who actually is so committed to his alma mater, he made HIMSELF orange) in the NY Post:
"Bailey appeared to be down on a television replay, but the ruling on the field was upheld, sending the Scarlet Knights (3-1, 1-0 Big East) into a frenzy after they had huddled along their sideline waiting." - http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...nge_in_double_overtime_UYJkHGp1ow4Eb9rrYZni1L
(I can understand you missing that one though. It's from the NYC media which is 5 hours away.)

3) My favorite - on "College Football Talk" on the VS. Network, there was a segment with former Syracuse tight end Roland Williams. The host asked him "What was the outcome of that (Rutgers) game" and he just said "we ran out of time, officials made a bad call." (Sorry, no link - it was a TV show, where we have heard most of this nonsense.)

Enough already.

1. That Andrea Adelson quote is 100% correct.

2. John Kekis does not post here.

3. Roland Williams does not post here.

Have fun in the MAC.

Hahahaha, look at what you wrote. Even when you win, you're still losers.

Feeling much better about that game now, thanks. :)

Adelson has been killing us for the move to the ACC. And she's absolutely right; SU did blow the game against Rutgers.

Seriously, stop. I'm trying not to laugh out loud in this morning's top secret meeting of Newhouse alumni.

Its ok boys ... its his 28th day ... he is just letting it out of his system ... that little brother complex is stronger in some than it is in others ...

... and the room being empty. I don't know anyone that is complaining about the fumble call. In fact, the only person I've heard claim that Ant was down was himself. And the blocked FG call didn't impact the outcome of the game because RU scored a TD soon afterward anyway.

AGreed. I haven't heard one person say that wasn't a fumble. (Other than Ant who said he "thought" he was down.) That wasn't the ballgame anyway.

Hey, sometimes the better team doesn't win. Happens everywhere on every level. On to the next game.

Its ok boys ... its his 28th day ... he is just letting it out of his system ... that little brother complex is stronger in some than it is in others ...

You guys really need to come up with a new set of made up realities that don't come from the McNabb era. Saturday made it 6 out of the last 9 and although I am in the RU fan camp that readily concedes that you have the better tactician and strategist in Marrone, I will take our recruiting over yours during their shared time to be where we are.

And please show me somewhere that anyone employed by ESPN has had anything remotely bad to say about your move to the ACC.

...that keep fueling this nonsense that the refs stole the game from you, please share the following with them-

Pertaining to the personal foul called on RU after the blocked FG and TD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4fRoLTVkfg

And as for the game ending fumble being BS:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn265/seels2662/fumble/fumble.gif

I would think it would be in your best interest to stop having your interviewed alums and affiliated media (or in some cases, Cuse grads working for the AP) stop embarrassing themselves with this nonsense.

Please also spare us the nonsense about the game being given to RU by Cuse. Did you want us to reach a 4th missed FG to even consider we tried to do the same? When it comes to the turnovers, were you paying attention to how our defense caused them in each of the previous 3 games with regularity?

Yes, BOTH teams at times played ridiculously horrible football. Your boy Nassib certainly made mistakes but he is the second QB with a previously high completion percentage that our secondary gave problems. You might want to take him at his word - our D is very, very fast. I think he is going to end up one of the smartest, most efficient QBs in the northeast over the next few years. In watching film, I'm sure the fact that our D is much faster than URI, Maine and Toledo probably came as no surprise to him.

Go listen to your boy Schiano. He even says both teams had a half dozen chances to win the game but if not for a few plays it could have gotten out of hand (to SU's favor). He knows he gutted out a lucky win.

Go listen to your boy Schiano. He even says both teams had a half dozen chances to win the game but if not for a few plays it could have gotten out of hand (to SU's favor). He knows he gutted out a lucky win.

Soooo, how does this NOT make my point? Yes, if only one team has a half dozen chances to win a game, it will get out of hand for the other.

You guys really need to come up with a new set of made up realities that don't come from the McNabb era. Saturday made it 6 out of the last 9 and although I am in the RU fan camp that readily concedes that you have the better tactician and strategist in Marrone, I will take our recruiting over yours during their shared time to be where we are.

And please show me somewhere that anyone employed by ESPN has had anything remotely bad to say about your move to the ACC.

Actually, it's one out of the last three. Or, one out of the last one, if you prefer.

Why would anyone from ESPN say anything remotely bad about SU moving to the ACC? There is nothing remotely bad about it.

Why would anyone from ESPN say anything remotely bad about SU moving to the ACC? There is nothing remotely bad about it.

Read LeMoyneCuse's post above to see why I asked for proof of that happening.

On another note, the interface here is great. Kicks the crap out of Rivals and Scout. Well done choosing it for your refugee camp here.

Soooo, how does this NOT make my point? Yes, if only one team has a half dozen chances to win a game, it will get out of hand for the other.

Different contexts when he was speaking.

Let me explain this another way and I will quote one of your comrades I was chatting with outside the Dome at halftime while we both had a smoke. He was happy with the score of 7-3 because he "felt like" the score was a lot worse than that. He was glad they weren't already down 3 TD's. See, some of the "bad breaks" you may have gotten, occurred at a point in time late in the game when it could have already been a 30-3 type game if not for SU shooting themselves in the foot. You get to that type of game and your bad breaks don't even happen because you would have already folded up your tents and quit. Rutgers didn't even show any life until late in the game and that new life was given to them by the fact they were still in it due to SU's self inflicted mistakes and decisions.

Read LeMoyneCuse's post above to see why I asked for proof of that happening.

On another note, the interface here is great. Kicks the crap out of Rivals and Scout. Well done choosing it for your refugee camp here.

AS I said, no reason for anyone at ESPN to be critical of SU's move to the ACC -- because it is a GREAT move.

Here you go --

Our girl Andrea? We've been blasting her for a month because of her negatives views on SU. She even picked Rutgers to win. So how is she our girl?

So you really actually believe that we don't have an equal right to cite the same thing with our almost 2 to 1 time of possession, a 130 yard passing yardage edge, our abundance of flat out dropped passes and THREE missed field goals? Your compatriots elsewhere keep blaming the turnovers that they swear weren't to our credit. Can we take back just the first then, too, and wipe 7 off the board for Cuse? We likewise think it should have been 30-6 us.

Come on, bees. Try to put your absolute hatred for Butgers or Rutgirls on hold for a little logic to shine through here.

AS I said, no reason for anyone at ESPN to be critical of SU's move to the ACC -- because it is a GREAT move.

OK, then argue with LeMoyneCuse or Adelson then? He claims the ESPN blogger has been slamming the move.

Our girl Andrea? We've been blasting her for a month because of her negatives views on SU. She even picked Rutgers to win. So how is she our girl?

Just another ESPN mouthpiece that knows where here paycheck comes from when it comes to matters of Cuse, Rutgers and the perceived NYC market's importance to the ACC. Perceived is the important word here - being 5 hours away certainly explains the embarrassing marketing campaign to create another reality. Enjoy all those b-ball games in the MSG next year. Will the upstaters go for that AND the Meadowlands games?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom