Forfeit | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Forfeit

But what you and others don't realize is, if it's 29-27 assuming everything happens as is to get Toledo first and goal, SU uses their timeouts to make sure they have time left to try to score a fg on their own. And given how well we were returning kick offs, who's to say we don't return it all the way, or to midfield, etc. No one can play out how things would have been handled if it had been called no good. Therefore you can't overrule the victory and award it to Toledo. Too many what ifs and things WOULD HAVE been played differently had it been 29-27 instead of 30-27.

That said, that call cost them 1 point, the PI non-call cost us 4.

NO! Why don't you understand that SU and Toledo would have done EVERYTHING THE EXACT SAME WAY if it was 30-27 or 29-27!!1!1! (sarcasm)

There is such an astounding level of stupidity about this and the people who seem unable to understand something so basic is mind blowing.

A pass interference call or any call on the field is almost always debatable. That's part of the game. Missing a call on an extra point should never happen. While I agree that a pi call should've been made, I've seen worse than that not called as well. Your assuming too much with the defensive strategy. Who's to say Toledo doesn't throw an 80 yd TD? Is our defense so stout and dependable that we can assume anything? The fact is we missed the xp and the score should've been 29-27. All we know for sure is Toledo went down the field and kicked a fg. Unless you can prove all these variables don't use them in your argument.

Here's some facts for you; Toledo had two chances to end the game after the incident and did not do it. They had a chance to stop SU from winning in OT and did not do it. The PAT was reviewed and not overturned.

SU won the game.

Those are also things we know for sure.

And I'm glad they did. Doesn't change the fact Toledo has a reason to be rightfully pissed.

Since we like to play the what if game here... If the situation was reversed and we got screwed by the call, everybody here would be up in arms and claiming the Big East was out to get us.

And I'm glad they did. Doesn't change the fact Toledo has a reason to be rightfully pissed.

Since we like to play the what if game here... If the situation was reversed and we got screwed by the call, everybody here would be up in arms and claiming the Big East was out to get us.

As sort of an aside, this is why the Big East needs to get Pitt and Cuse out ASAP. We absolutely would feel like it was a conspiracy, when the truth is the Big East officials just suck. They always have, and they will right up to the pathetic end of the Big East. The Big East shouldn't be taking chances that their officials make them look petty and vindictive through their inability to call a game remotely well. We've been watching BE football for what, 17 years? Most of the BE officials are less competent than the 22 year olds that call the local JV games...the more games Pitt and Cuse play the more likely the officials will make the Big East look bad.

You're right, Toledo fans, whoever that is, are pissed. If that's your point, let it be the end. But it's not. You want everyone here to say that SU lost, which ISN'T WHAT HAPPENED. History cannot be rewritten unless it's Nazi Germany, and you make the books :bang:

The board needs a block feature - one that lasts a day, week, month or so - that way if someone is patronizing in mannerisms, they can be blocked.

This guy ^^^^ can block me, and I can do the same because frankly, I'm sick of this stupid topic. I'm not a Toledo fan as many here aren't either, and maybe he should go post on their board.

Forget all other considerations and nuances - do you believe the win should be vacated?

Forget all other considerations and nuances - do you believe the win should be vacated?
Absolutely not. Just like you can't assume that we would've stopped them if the circumstance was different, you can't assume we wouldn't have scored on the drive after their FG. My point is I refuse to argue a what if. I only know what did happen.

Here is the progression of the SU lost argument.

SU wins after a poorly called game for both teams.

Advocates who want SU to lose including some SU fans... "But they should not have counted the extra point :blah: :blah:"

Everyone else ... "Here we go again - calls went both ways all game ..." :bang: :bang:

Response by advocates who want SU to lose including some SU fans... "But they should not have counted the extra point :blah: :blah:"

Everyone else ... "OMFG - just already, we don't care" :bang: :bang:

Seriously, take your argument to the old scout board and have fun with the trolls from all the other schools who've taken over.

Kevin Scott picked the Toledo QB in OT. Toledo lost.
I'm not saying we lost the game, we obviously didn't. It's just funny how people make light of the botched call. Like I said, if the roles were reversed everybody on here would have more conspiracy theories than the JFK murder.

Now your assuming that we automatically move down the field. Can't play the what if game. A million different things COULD'VE happened, I'm just arguing what really did happen.
But you can't assume everything would've happened exactly the same because of the time-outs we had and our defensive strategy realistically would've changed.

Since this just became buried on the previous page, this is the progression of the SU lost argument.

SU wins after a poorly called game for both teams.

Advocates who want SU to lose including some SU fans... "But they should not have counted the extra point :blah: :blah:"

Everyone else ... "Here we go again - calls went both ways all game ..." :bang: :bang:

Response by advocates who want SU to lose including some SU fans... "But they should not have counted the extra point :blah: :blah:"

Everyone else ... "OMFG - just already, we don't care" :bang: :bang:

Seriously, take your argument to the old scout board and have fun with the trolls from all the other schools who've taken over.

I'm not assuming anything. Again, I'm arguing what DID happen. And I'm sorry, based on what I've seen from our secondary, kind of hard to think they would stop anyone from moving the ball. Bottom line-we won. I just lol at the people who don't think Toledo has a gripe.

Toledo has a legitimate gripe, but that's all they have in this case. The game went to OT, and they lost in OT. The scenario is unique and unusual, but bad calls affect games all the time. What if the official makes a bad call and flags Kevin Scott for pass interference and Toledo ends up scoring a TD in OT, and SU fails to score a TD? It hurts, but the teams and coaches move on.

Can't play the what if game. A million different things COULD'VE happened, I'm just arguing what really did happen.

In a sense. But then again what did happen is that the refs botched the call and that gave SU a 30-27 lead at that point. You are starting from a position that the score was really 29-27. After the botched call, as unfortunate as that was for Toledo, the score was 30-27. Really.

I get it, the actual score is what it was. I understand that calls on the field are open to the refs interpretation, some good and some bad. That's part of the game. Missing a call on an extra point shouldn't be. You can make the argument that the Syracuse D would've played differently given the situation, but who's to say it would make a difference? The Syracuse defense can't be counted on to make a stand at this point. (other than in OT of course) On top of that, maybe Toledo scores on an 80 yd TD. Absolutely can't play the what if card. Like I've said a million times, I'm glad we came up with the win, but I feel for Toledo. What a horrible way to lose a game.

If this happens in the second quarter nobody cares or is even mentioning it still today. It's just that hit happened so late in the game - doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day you can't alter the official outcome because nobody knows what would have happened (except Jesus).

Spin it however you'd like. Fact is you can't compare a missed call on the field to a botched call on an extra point that actually results in points.
So lemons td catch wouldn't have counted for 6 points in the end zone?

Comparing a botched xp call to a missed call on the field is apples to oranges. That said, it's comical they did that.

EXACTLY! The missed XP is worth 1 point and the missed PI is worth 6. Great point.

Missed plays on the field happen every game and to both teams. The fact you don't get the difference is startling.

Missed plays on the field happen every game and to both teams. The fact you don't get the difference is startling.

Lol. Dude I get it. Are you also getting our point?

Too bad for Toledo. You hate to see these type of things factor in to a game but...i never thought the kick was good. I was shocked that he missed one. But as many say that does not mean that things play out exactly as they did from there on. Maybe our D plays differently, more desparately. Maybe their offense seeing an opportunity gets greedy and impatient. Toledo had and maybe should have won the game based on how they played the whole game. OT was their chance to prove they were the better team. We made a play and they didn't get it done. I am shocked that the officials missed it the first time,...and could not beleive it missed after all that review. (though i agree that side view looks more positive) Once play goes on all Toledo's upset should be with the officiating crew and not SU. Do not expect us to make good on someone elses mistake. Put the blame where it lies (officials) and bring any and all concerns there, and leave them there! As for the rest of us, lets drop this and worry about beating Rutgers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom