Former Syracuse football legend Tim Green says he has ALS | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Former Syracuse football legend Tim Green says he has ALS

I gotta say Nike, why you would choose to use bright white on the back, and baby shat orange on the front is beyond me. I won’t buy because I’m a snob about stuff like that.

ALS is a horrible disease. If you have ever been unfortunate to have to watch a love one, their mind trapped inside a body that is wasting away and slowly failing them, you would buy this t-shirt whatever you think about it looks-wise.

I gotta say Nike, why you would choose to use bright white on the back, and baby shat orange on the front is beyond me. I won’t buy because I’m a snob about stuff like that.
What a joke
Unbelievable.

My prayers are with Tim and his family. My dad (dating himself a bit here) was actually one of his teachers way back when. Great guy.

The shirt is ugly - whatever - that's not really the issue here.

The issue is that the school and Nike decided to come up with a shirt priced at $26 and decide $3 was good enough for a donation.

I have someone close to me suffering from an aggressive form of ALS. It is absolutely horrifying. If this disease could ever be tamed, it would be a remarkable thing.

There are a lot horrible diseases/conditions in this world - Cancer, Aids, Alzheimers, strokes etc etc but man its hard to argue that ALS isn't one of the worst. Just horrific and the scarier part is it seems there is almost nothing known about why certain people develop it and less treatment.

There are a lot horrible diseases/conditions in this world - Cancer, Aids, Alzheimers, strokes etc etc but man its hard to argue that ALS isn't one of the worst. Just horrific and the scarier part is it seems there is almost nothing known about why certain people develop it and less treatment.

Its also a nightmare to deal with insurance because since your basically 100% terminal, the health insurers don’t want to cover anything.

You could donate $4 to TackleALS and accomplish more
I think him seeing thousands of people in the Dome wearing a shirt supporting him accomplishes more, but I am not Tim and don't profess to know his thoughts.

Any support you can provide in the fight against ALS is great and appreciated.

Last edited:
I think him seeing thousands of people in the Dome wearing a shirt supporting him accomplishes more, but I am not Tim and don't profess to know his thoughts.

Any support you can provide in the fight against ALS is great and appreciated.

You could also buy the shirt and wear it in support of Tim and make another donation on your own. I donate $100.00 every year to the ALS association in honor of a friend I lost a decade ago to the disease and I'll be wearing Tim's shirt to the game.

$3? That’s it. What does that shirt cost Nike to make $5? Corporate greed at its finest. A local shirt company should come up with one and actually do some good by donating all the proceeds

Bought two just to show support for the cause.

BTW, in case anyone missed it I am spearheading an effort to establish a Team syracusefan.com for TackleALS. Details in the thread tacked at the top of the forum:

Fine Mess and syracusefan.com philanthropy

This is the way to go, not to where 88% goes to corporate greed.

Do we know if Tim is going to be able to make it. I haven’t seen an article saying one way or another. I think he had to miss another event where he was honored.