Fort Drum | Syracusefan.com

Fort Drum

Fjoinkay

Starter
Like most people I love this opportunity for the SU football team. A year ago the team was mired in distractions, and I believe a void in leadership caused when so many veteran guys moved on from the 2010 team.

This week at Fort Drum the leaders on this team will emerge if they haven't already. I expect this team to be a better unit whether that translates to more wins or not.

What a great way to take a team into positive isolation! So much easier for people to buy into than just curtaining off fences around the practice field in Syracuse. And it's good public relations.

I think is a great move by Coach Marrone. It gives the players time away from campus (girlfriends, parties, etc.) and also creates a buzz at Fort Drum about SU football.

I for one could care less about open practices. Does anyone honestly believe that if Coach Marrone opened all the practices fans in this town would be lining up to buy tickets?

The only thing that matters are wins and a trip to a bowl game !! :)

Man I wish I was still there.. I was always surprised, as many football fans we have in the military, no one at drum was interested in going to Cuse games.. Hopefully this will help change that

Training at Fort Drum I really believe the opportunities for personal growth and team cohesion are heightened beyond measure. I don't think there is any way to measure it, but it's something we are likely to see in the way the team responds to adversity.

Training at Fort Drum I really believe the opportunities for personal growth and team cohesion are heightened beyond measure. I don't think there is any way to measure it, but it's something we are likely to see in the way the team responds to adversity.

I hope our Seniors and Juniors learn how to lead after this. The 1987 team did so well due to stout leadership and team focus. Leaders don't party mid week, make runs to Turning Stone or smoke weed.

I hope our Seniors and Juniors learn how to lead after this. The 1987 team did so well due to stout leadership and team focus. Leaders don't party mid week, make runs to Turning Stone or smoke weed.

I agree. And if some of the younger players are more natural leaders then I hope they emerge too.