Fouls disparity in Duke game????? | Syracusefan.com

Fouls disparity in Duke game?????

DonLightfoot

All Conference
On the surface some people might say this was evident in the game. Duke had 25 fouls and we had 15 fouls. Duke attempted 17 free throws and we attempted 32. However, you need to go "inside" those numbers to get a true reflection of the foul calls.

Duke bombed away with 36 three point attempts which was exactly 50% of their total FG attempts. We only attempted 4 three pointers. They got inside every so often, but their game plan was obviously to concentrate outside. Ours was just the opposite. We continually drove inside and tried to take it to the rim. If I recall we only committed one foul on a three point shot which was on Cooney.

There are very few games played where there are more shooting fouls from outside than from inside. In my opinion the strategies employed by each team resulted in the number of fouls being called appropriately.

Just my two cents worth.

Exactly! We attack and will get you into foul trouble if you can't guard us. Duke while extremely talented, is not able to guard us.

Personally, I think it bodes well for us that we can bring that attacking style of offense into Cameron. That won't change. Duke has to hope they hit a bananas number of threes to beat us. That could change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom