Four UVA players in double digits | Syracusefan.com

Four UVA players in double digits

AJDavCuse

Walk On
- Haven't checked but imagine that hasn't happened much this year. Joe Harris wasn't one of them. The announcers mentioned our gameplan was to focus on Harris. Our zone is very good at taking away 1 or 2 key players. Virginia is the kind of team that will always give us trouble. Many scorers. Brogdon killed us flashing to the middle and that helped open up the 3s.

- Tony Bennett said after the game that his father had told him he wanted to see a great man-to-man team beat a great zone team. They really play tough defense. Thought they were just tougher in general, seemed to want the ball more. Getting smoked on the boards by a smaller team highlights that.

- Baye got an earful from JB when he was complaining to the ref in first half rather than getting back on defense. Maybe just me but I feel like he's regressed slightly this year versus what we've gotten from his in the past.

- Our offense is simply offensive right now. Yes UVA is great defensive team, but today way no different than the last 5-10 games. I used to think other teams were slowing it down, but its really us. We are so deliberate in our sets. We run plays for CJ and Cooney that take time to set up and both are cold. I don't know why we don't see more dumps to Rak on the high pick and roll like the one dunk on pass from CJ. We run the high pick and roll to a pass to the other side this year with little attempt to get penetration or post off it. Strange.

- Not an attempt to start a debate on Roberson, but thought he did look good while in there. Brief but was a couple flashes of what we expected from him. Like the way he was going after the ball. He surely hustles.

-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom