Fran’s sideline demeanor | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Fran’s sideline demeanor

It's sad that some people can't tell a difference between "raising eyebrows" and "having it out for the coach" with pitchforks.

Kind of typical/par for the course here though.

Just an example of numerous; well before it hit critical mass and it became so blatantly obvious that JB had to go, the usual suspects couldn't decipher between constructive criticisms and the like versus being a hater, etc. with their constant malarkey type dribble of "how many games have you won," "he's a hall of fame coach," etc., etc.

I couldn’t help myself chime in! I really wasn’t going to.

There should be no raised eye brows. No what is he doing. No he looks like an amateur. None of it.

If OUR coach is winning, having fun and connecting to the players he recruited to play here. Let him do it however the hell he wants. No reason to look for a crack in him for this. BTW he has blemishes, we all do but if he is what we have seen so far the rest of the time, it’s the best we have seen in a long time.
He is going to mess up. He is going to say things that rub you wrong sometimes. If kids are improving, having fun, graduating and winnin, that’s all that can be asked.

Best product in years. Don’t over think it

I couldn’t help myself chime in! I really wasn’t going to.

There should be no raised eye brows. No what is he doing. No he looks like an amateur. None of it.

If OUR coach is winning, having fun and connecting to the players he recruited to play here. Let him do it however the hell he wants. No reason to look for a crack in him for this. BTW he has blemishes, we all do but if he is what we have seen so far the rest of the time, it’s the best we have seen in a long time.
He is going to mess up. He is going to say things that rub you wrong sometimes. If kids are improving, having fun, graduating and winnin, that’s all that can be asked.

Best product in years. Don’t over think it

FWIW, "raising eyebrows" is figurative/a figure of speech, and translates to a "minor disapproval." Therefore, by definition, it's not a big deal, certainly not in the way in which several posters here are absorbing it to be based upon their respective responses.

Moreover, you acknowledge he has blemishes, which of course we all do, as well as acknowledging that he is "going to mess up" and "say things that rub you wrong sometimes," etc. Yet just above this acknowledgement of yours you preach; "there should be no raised eye brows. No what is he doing. No he looks like an amateur. None of it."

Why is it a "no, no, no, none" for fans/fanatics here to point out "minor" type things that they don't necessarily care for, while simultaneously embellishing upon the good/positives that you iterate, etc.? Not to mention, the fact that he is a first year head coach and folks are just getting acclimated with him.

Perhaps, it may be the "best product in years," time will tell as the season plays out. BTW, I believe Dino the past two seasons started 6-0 and 5-0, so who knows how the rest of this 5-1 start plays out.

I don't think anyone is "overthinking" anything, other than perhaps the author of those words.

Last edited:
FWIW, "raising eyebrows" is figurative/a figure of speech, and translates to a "minor disapproval." Therefore, by definition, it's not a big deal, certainly not in the way in which several posters here are absorbing it to be based upon their respective responses.

Moreover, you acknowledge he has blemishes, which of course we all do, as well as acknowledging that he is "going to mess up" and "say things that rub you wrong sometimes," etc. Yet just above this acknowledgement of yours you preach; "there should be no raised eye brows. No what is he doing. No he looks like an amateur. None of it."

Why is it a "no, no, no, none" for fans/fanatics here to point out "minor" type things that they don't necessarily care for, while simultaneously embellishing upon the good/positives that you iterate, etc.? Not to mention, the fact that he is a first year head coach and folks are just getting acclimated with him.

Perhaps, it may be the "best product in years," time will tell as the season plays out. BTW, I believe Dino the past two seasons started 6-0 and 5-0, so who knows how the rest of this 5-1 start plays out.

I don't think anyone is "overthinking" anything, other than perhaps the author of those words.

If it’s minor why is it a concern? Why bring negativity to a good season so far?

Regardless I feel like it’s nitpicking and if that’s of interest to you that’s cool! It’s the best situation we have had in years is purely an opinion but we have the best QB in a very long time and are pretty fun to watch. I wish special teams were better, but it appears to me this is the best team I have seen in years. That’s why it shouldn’t be a raised eye brow.

Anyways if you want to worry about it feel free but you going to get push back. I would rather be celebrating with you about a win than discussing Coaches demeanor on the side line of a win.

It wasn’t like he did this