Fran’s sideline demeanor | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Fran’s sideline demeanor

There is an in between the two extremes for sure.

Over time I suspect Fran will calm down a bit and no one to light up officials and what not.

The headset slam is not ok for a bunch of reasons, but even if you don’t mind the antics you have to know that the headset is breakable, and I don’t know how many headsets we bring to away games, but I’d bet it’s not a large number of spares.

Fran is amazing. He wears his heart and emotions on his sleeves and that part I hope never changes. But this to me feels like one of the things he is going to learn on the job.
I imagine JW will buy him all the headsets he needs. I am certainly wiling to contribute!

Last edited:
Coach Fran's fine. A little song and dance is good for the soul.
Listen this is the same coach who holds them 100% accountable for everything they do at SU. The same coach who does bed checks himself, works out each morning before they show up has real relationships with their families, truly cares about the community teaches them the importance of being good men. That guy is real and he's just being himself on game day.

He said last night on the ACC huddle that he had several specific celebration handshakes with some of the players. Talked about the one with Jackson, one he does with LQA and another he does with the defensive backs.
i liked it, he seems to genuinely enjoy his job, football itself and relating to the players.
i think we are in for a long and entertaining ride while Fran is here.

Some of you are the same people who tell fans to sit down at games.

stripes lighten GIF

Or Lou PJ Valvano Thompson. Not those guys. They were very reserved

Yeah, that John Thompson - I could picture him rushing over to one of his players and mimicking a "look at me" dance. On-brand for him.

Listen this is the same coach who holds them 100% accountable for everything they do at SU. The same coach who does bed checks himself, works out each morning before they show up has real relationships with their families, truly cares about the community teaches them the importance of being good men. That guy is real and he's just being himself on game day.
Preach my friend.

Personally, IMO, I couldn't agree more. I get (and like) coach showing emotion after a big play, TD, etc., as in high fiving, or something of that nature. However, to immediately seek Meeks out and copying Meeks' arm curl celebration or whatever the heck his act is, well, IMO, quite juvenile, embarrassing and goofy as all get out. Especially, at the head coach level.

I wish i had the ability to give this post 100 thumbs down.

What are we even doing? Were complaining about the HC doing a touchdown celebration, on the sideline, with his guy who just came up huge on fourth down? Why do you people watch sports?

I’m convinced there are people who just want to be miserable.

Thank god someone made a thread for the Path to the ACCCG to negate this thread and the one crushing the defense for giving up 2 TDs and a field goal on the road… and causing three turnovers.

This is exactly what he said on the huddle post game. He knows each player and how they celebrate and react and he does it with them. Guys this is why he is an elite recruiter.
Cool. I didn't see that. I guess the mind meld worked.

Nah, not really. There are nuances, etc. And, I think many can make the distinction between being stoic and showing zero emotion, etc., from the other extreme of being over the top and the like. JMO.

Specifically, and from a compartmentalizing standpoint, I don't recall where I've ever seen a 'head coach' emulate one of his player's celebration antics, etc. in the moment.
So what? He relates to his players and they love it. As long as he isn't taunting the other team's players and he maintains team discipline, celebrating with his guys is a non-issue.

I regret not saving my terrible Photoshops of him in a tutu frolicking in a ball pit
Some of my best work ever in this place was in that golden thread of yours. I mean it was picassoesque! Damn your eyes for not saving it.