Fran’s sideline demeanor | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Fran’s sideline demeanor

If it's genuine and he moves on to the next play, which I think he does, I'm fine with his sideline demeanor.

Coaches can't catch a break with our fans. If they show emotion, they're out of control immature idiots. If they're retrained, they're uncaring robots.
Crimus can this all just stop already. Ppl just cant be happy. We are 5-1 and have a HC who oozes a winning personality. Hes one of the best recruiters in the country.

ASK YOURSELVES WHY THAT MIGHT BE. His actions are 100% authentic, sideline demeanor and all. You think the players agree with the take that he's too over the top? Too over animated and emotional? Or maybe thats kinda what they love about him. Maybe why he's so prolific in getting kids to sign the dotted line to play for him.

Jeez cant we just be happy ppl.

It’s something I’d like him to work on next year, but appreciate it this year. Fran seems like someone who is pretty calculated and I have a feeling it’s intentional.
He's setting all the referee's up to understand, in the future they better start doing a better job.
We had Dino for 8 years who was a bump on the log.
The ACC needs to understand this is the beginning of the resurgence of Syracuse Football, and they need to come along for the ride.
If the ACC wants to stay relevant, they need Miami, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh, and Syracuse to be in the National polls every week with Clemson and FSU.
The North Carolina schools are perceived as Basketball Schools and always will be.
So stop protecting them.

I've watched all of the great coaches throw their headsets over the years. NFL and college. I like a fired up coach. Those who want restraint are those who like the Dome knitter. It is a sporting event. I bet we miss half of the time the other coaches do these same things.
EDIT/ As for age, I am 70. I like to change with the times. Not an old foggey. Never was and never will be.
I'm 78 and love Fran's emotion on the sidelines. It shows he really cares about the team, and winning the game.
I'm sure as the year goes on he might calm down a bit, but if he doesn't, so what?

Jim says “Hold my beer”.
1728840527136.jpeg

The post-TD celebration with Meeks was silly and, in my opinion, not a head coach's job. A GA or position coach, sure.

Head coach needs to be even keeled. He can complain in the postgame about the reactions of the kids but attitude reflects leadership, captain.
Who says. He relates to kids better than any coach we have ever had and that’s why he is a great recruiter. Kids want to play for a guy like that. When you become an ad you can select the coaching style you want. We have gone down that path with zero results over the past 20 years. Time to try something new.

Personally, IMO, I couldn't agree more. I get (and like) coach showing emotion after a big play, TD, etc., as in high fiving, or something of that nature. However, to immediately seek Meeks out and copying Meeks' arm curl celebration or whatever the heck his act is, well, IMO, quite juvenile, embarrassing and goofy as all get out. Especially, at the head coach level.
Young fans loved it. And players love it, too. He addressed it on TV after.

It's entertainment guys.

Well said and really good observation, cali315phan

What makes it even more impactful is that Fran's passion for the players (on and off the field) and passion for the game seems genuine. It's who he is.
And he understands the Syracuse Tradition, and he wants to bring it back.
And if you are too old to understand, then take a deep breath, and get with the program.
I'm in the Twilight of my years, and didn't think we would ever be relevant on the National scene again, but Fran brings hope.
So as the song about getting on board the love train says get on board at the station, or you'll miss the train.

Nah, not really. There are nuances, etc. And, I think many can make the distinction between being stoic and showing zero emotion, etc., from the other extreme of being over the top and the like. JMO.

Specifically, and from a compartmentalizing standpoint, I don't recall where I've ever seen a 'head coach' emulate one of his player's celebration antics, etc. in the moment.

This took me about five seconds of googling and was the top of the list.

I enjoy HCFB’s excitement; sure he will grow into his HC role; and will hopefully keep his excitement, that fuels the energy of the players.He’s never been a HC, so cut him some slack,as he matures as a HC!