Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

Heard about Nunz, surprising Johnson is staying I thought for sure Fran would bring in his guy from Pitt

I know our WRs haven’t lit the world on fire since we signed Johnson, but I’d be very happy to keep him on staff.

Played QB at the pro level, and has NFL and varied P5 experience coaching QB and WRs.

He’s from Cali and could be a very versatile asset for HCFB - on the field and on the recruiting trail.

I know our WRs haven’t lit the world on fire since we signed Johnson, but I’d be very happy to keep him on staff.

Played QB at the pro level, and has NFL and varied P5 experience coaching QB and WRs.

He’s from Cali and could be a very versatile asset for HCFB - on the field and on the recruiting trail.
Yeah I don’t mind it at all, was just surprised he wasn’t bringing in Underwood considering their relationship.

With a defensive head coach, the most important hire is OC. The new OC has to be a successful OC who has at least 3 years of experience as an OC and it doesn't have to be at the P5 level (could be FCS) as there are many innovative offensive coaches out there and it looks like Syracuse will have enough recruiters.

Lot of input from fans on coaching decisions. I will defer to the new coach and enjoy the ride. He clearly has a plan.
If you’re referring to me I’d love to see where exactly I even gave my “input”. There was a lot of talk of Brown bringing Underwood on as WR coach and now it seems Johnson is staying on, was interested in what changed. Also this is a fan message board, you’re going to hear input from alot of people that aren’t Fran Brown himself.

Guys are going to bring in their own guys and don’t think WR play has been something that has overachieved in some time.

I think the most exciting part about hiring Brown is that the ignored recruiting base will be recruited again. For whatever reason, the recruiting base was either not a focus or ignored under Babers and there is a lot of talent in NY/NJ/New England/PA/Ohio/Maryland and then get some players from Florida and Georgia and maybe Virginia. And Canada! With Robinson's time at Texas A&M, maybe Texas as well.

We have an Assistant Wide Receiver Coach.

Redd has spent his life coaching football at all levels, most recently serving as the Head Coach for the Gridiron Football League’s St. Louis Stampede. Prior to his time in St. Louis, Devin Redd spent multiple years coaching at the college level with the University of Toledo, Seton Hill, and eventually, Rutgers University where he spent two seasons coaching Running Backs and as an Offensive Analyst. Additionally, he spent time working in the NFL under Head Coach Brian Flores with the Miami Dolphins and Kevin Stefanski with the Cleveland Browns.

IMG_2942.jpeg

We have an Assistant Wide Receiver Coach.

Redd has spent his life coaching football at all levels, most recently serving as the Head Coach for the Gridiron Football League’s St. Louis Stampede. Prior to his time in St. Louis, Devin Redd spent multiple years coaching at the college level with the University of Toledo, Seton Hill, and eventually, Rutgers University where he spent two seasons coaching Running Backs and as an Offensive Analyst. Additionally, he spent time working in the NFL under Head Coach Brian Flores with the Miami Dolphins and Kevin Stefanski with the Cleveland Browns.

View attachment 234391
Posted in his thread. Looking like I received errant info on WR coach.

My apologies

Posted in his thread. Looking like I received errant info on WR coach.

My apologies
Johnson could still be staying on. Looks like this guy will only be an assistant WR coach. Or is there something else you were referring too?

Can they participate on official visits? Showing the weight room for example.
They can, and do. (Non official, too) S+C is the guy players spend the most time with. Its tremendously important.

Y'all gave coach E a bad rap. He was much loved. On recruiting visits, he would give a demonstration on how pliable he would make you. In a push up position, he could launch himself in the air, do a complete 180, and land the other way, like a freaking cat. It was insane. 45 year old man, more pliable than any kid walking in the door. I dont blame him for our injury luck.

S + C coach can swing a recruit. They'll see him more than their coaches. This hire matters. If they like him? We're good. Its incredibly important.

Seems like what he’s doing is first getting on board his guys who will be his recruiters. Smart move with the portal opening and HS signing day coming up. Then he’ll focus on the guys who will be mainly x and o guys.

Any chance Addazio is brought in to coach Oline?
I'm praying its Addazio... to be clear? His pass pro at TAMU wasn't good. What he does, is turn 3 star olinemen into pro scheme run block masters. His 2018? Bc oline? Best in the ACC - by a mile. (Top ten in all CFB) Same recruits we get.

I dont want him as OC. I want an OC that understands that they need the oline to be FEARED before the pass game takes off. These are the strongest guys on the field. Let em hurt someone. . I DONT want a spread oline guy. We're toast.

Coach Schmidt was a GOOD technician. Big loss. He's why Bergeron went 38th. Also why Tucker ran for almost 1500... Dino abandoned that, the following year. Screw me... but y'all want fancy...

Addazio would be a good hire for Oline. I wouldn't hire him as my pass pro guy. I'd hire him to teach 3 star guys how to kill 5 star guys... With coaching, they CAN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom