Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

Coach E sounds like we hired some 73 yr old that came here to retire.
Well its established ERob won't work. Eli won't work. Can't call him Rob or Coach Rob. If not Coach E...its nickname time.

Yeah I don’t agree. It’s highly unlikely Fran stays for a long time. Coaches in general don’t stay for a long time nationally. I’m not crapping on SU at all but bigger payroll schools will come calling and he’ll be gone. We always try to convince ourselves on this board whether it’s recruits or coaches, that they’ll want to come here instead of almost doubling their pay. Coaches are constantly on the move. I’ll be more than happy to eat crow if he’s still here in 5 years I’m just being realistic. It would be a unicorn sighting if he was still here by then.
Can't you just live in the moment and be happy. No need to try and diss another poster on future events that may or may not happen. Christ, the Monday Presser hasn't even happened yet and you have to paint the doom and gloom scenario.

Footballscoop is not the most trusted authority.

Wait, what???

They had us down to Mullen & Chesney!!!

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

A&M interim head coach Elijah Robinson has been offered a meaningful position by Elko; but he continues to evaluate an opportunity to join Fran Brown's staff at Syracuse as well as other options. Sources tell FootballScoop Robinson is expected to make a decision in the coming days.
If he’s able to pull in Robinson, I think that’ll be extremely impressive.

For the newbies posting on here, those posters that have just joined us within the past 30 days.

If you cut and paste information from a website you must also paste the link to that site in your post.
Additionally, do NOT cut and paste any information from a pay site that is behind a paywall.

Can't you just live in the moment and be happy. No need to try and diss another poster on future events that may or may not happen. Christ, the Monday Presser hasn't even happened yet and you have to paint the doom and gloom scenario.

Get triggered much. I’ve been happy as hell with this hire. Nothing wrong with having dialogue. Not one thing I said was negative or meant to be negative. So weird post by you. Funny thing is, I’ve seen some posters who are old time posters on here question some of the possible assistants just as, I hope we’re getting some experience too. I don’t see you attacking those posters at all yet you attack me for stating a fact about the state of coaching and turnover in CFB. Okay…..

Last edited:
Get triggered much. I’ve been happy as hell with this hire. Nothing wrong with having dialogue. If you’re not mature enough to handle that maybe play at the kiddie table.
I just call it as I read it. You are are a half glass kind of fan.

I just call it as I read it. You are are a half glass kind of fan.

First of all, sorry for asking if you get triggered but kind of p-sses me off calling me that. No, I’m actually not at all. Sorry you feel that way. I haven’t wanted DB here for awhile, ultimately I don’t think I was wrong.

But I’ve been nothing but positive about developments since then. I’ve been happy about every possible choice from Chesney, Mullen to now Fran. I’m excited about the future and I’m excited about the possible groundwork Fran can lay down for the future. I’ve never once criticized JW even, I think he’s done an amazing job with the situation as it is.

I don’t think it’s fair to call me a half glass fan for criticizing a previous coach and his recruiting for the last few years, who ultimately failed and now I’m 100% on board for the new coach. I’m more excited for SU FB than I’ve been in a really really long time. I’m even possibly going to order my daughter that stupid plastic flavor flav style SU chain I posted last night that’s a ridiculous $34. That’s how excited I am.

So like I said, I genuinely have no clue what the issue is. I’ve been incredibly positive since we fired DB every single step of the way.
* Full disclosure LOL, I didn’t like the idea when Fran’s name was thrown out originally. I was on board with Chesney, didn’t know enough about Fran except what I read too quickly online, and then the whole DM thing killed my buzz for about half a day. I joked around with some posts for half a day about Fran but ultimately got excited about all the possibilities and have been behind all of it 100% since before he was even officially hired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom