Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement

I love it. I'm a UGA alum, but protective of my Orange. I was hesitant to feel good about HCFB when the rumors came out, but the more I educated myself, the more I endorse. Drink the sweet nectar, as hope is powerful and inspires us to do impossible things. Lead on HCFB.

1701211776136.jpeg

Brown will be gone in 3-4 years, either because he was fired or snatched up by another program. If it’s the latter, there might be enough talent left over for another successful season or two. Bottom line, we’ll be here again before you know it.

He’s a short-term solution to a long-term problem.
If he turns around the SU program in four years and is offered and accepts an SEC head coaching job, I have no problem with that. Just like when Dino was going to turn around the SU program and then leave for USC. If he brings SU back to a place where the program is nationally relevant again, it’s a success.

If he turns around the SU program in four years and is offered and accepts an SEC head coaching job, I have no problem with that. Just like when Dino was going to turn around the SU program and then leave for USC. If he brings SU back to a place where the program is nationally relevant again, it’s a success.
And when that happens Mullen watch will be back on.

if he turns around SU he is pretty close to making the playoffs at SU and would have to decide is a few more million worth it to go to the SEC and end up like Jimbo..

Some names to watch as potential offensive coordinator hires that should have direct or one degree of separation connections to Brown...

Danny Langsdorf (Temple OC, former Oregon State OC/QBs, NY Giants QBs, Nebraska OC/QBs, Fresno State and UNLV and Colorado Pass Game Coordinator/QBs)
Dave Brock (Rutgers WRs, former Delaware head coach, OC at Hofstra, Temple, K State, Rutgers - although it never seemed to work out for long as OC)
Andrew Aurich (Rutgers TE coach, former OC at Princeton, ST Coordinator at Princeton, has coached OL/TE/RBs before)
E.J. Barthel (RB coach at Nebraska, great recruiter w/ NJ ties, but OC would be a big jump up)

Could obviously go outside his connections for that hire, it's a huge one.

I didn’t like his quote to the players about the next staff. Sounded like he was already gone mentally.
Yeah, appreciated his honesty but it was a weird thing to say.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

The reason Fran Brown got to be the top recruiter at Georgia was that he had tremendous recruiting success at Temple, Rutgers, and Baylor, and was ALREADY considered one of the top recruiters in the country.
Not to mention when you recruit at Georgia you compete with THE TOP PROGRAMS in the country. It’s not a cake walk, it’s cutthroat, get over it.

First off, welcome coach Brown. Secondly,
The one good thing he has going for him is that I don’t like the selection. I’ve loved every HC pick since the firing of Pasqualoni and we all know how that worked out.

So, if every instinct I have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right.

Agreed... came off a little odd.

Something he didn't have to say, or, more importantly, tell everyone he said.

Here's hoping Brown can put an arm around and work his magic.
you have a link or quote?

I am ready for the rollercoaster. I don't think there will be a decade of .500 ball he is either going to smash it or it will blow it. Should be fun and I am excited for the ride.

Welcome Coach Brown !!!