Fran Brown | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
What good players did he recruit to Temple, RU and Baylor? Are any in the NFL? The records of those teams in his brief stints as DC or Co-DC are mediocre.
I’m busy watching my Bears frustrate me. Give me some time to research!

Are you guys crazy?

Of course Fran makes total sense to try and maximize Syracuse. High risk, yes. But we need to bring talent here.

Scared money dont make money. But we’re hungry.

Mangia!
Scared money don’t make money is right.

I guarantee you if they invested in Mullen, that would be a return. Would immediately be top 3 coach in ACC. Instead, we go cheap and hoping for a homerun from a guy that is 40 and has never been a primary cordinator.

Would love for him to prove me wrong. And I honestly don’t know much other than what I have read in this thread. But recruiting to Syracuse is harder than recruiting to Baylor in Texas, hometown team in Rutgers in New Jersey, Georgia. Not sure who he brought in at temple. But those are very fertile recruiting grounds and it’s easier to stay home in that situation.

We hear conflicting reports about NIL. Hate to say it, but players are going to pick a factory with more money than a good recruiter.

I don’t see it. Hope I’m wrong. We need a strong X and O guy. Someone that is going to put the players in the best position to succeed. Brown is a recruiter, maybe a motivator.

My rants over. But I hate it. Small time football. Syracuse continues to disappoint.

We need a coach who knows how to RUN A P5 PROGRAM.
Do you know what his staffing plan is?

I bet Wildhack does. And if Brown is hired that plan will be a big reason.

What did Marrone know about running any program?

How about Swinney? Pasqualoni? 4 yrs of D II HC experience

Dino was fine, his coaching wasn’t the problem, but it wasn’t spectacular either.

The problem was getting through a season being able to absorb injuries to what was to start the last two years a top 1/3rd ACC roster.

Dino improved the roster, just not enough.

This guy can get top notch groceries. You can hire guys to cook.

It is very interesting that everyone is reporting this EXCEPT Pete Thamel. You'd think if it was actually done, he would've said something.
Thought same. Could be a tactic in negotiations with someone else or a way for Brown to get more money even if he wasn’t the top choice. Who knows.

If this is Wildhack's pic, then no, we CAN'T trust John Wildhack.
At Homecoming this year I sat in a alumni group listening to Wildhack describe SU football as an "ascendant brand" under Dino.

None of your nonsense was important. This hire will suck, I really don't see it going well. And the idea we reboot a few years down the road is terrible, when a coach guts the team. Love or hate Dino, were better today than we were in 2015.

Eh, are we really? We had a handful of good defensive players under Shafer, like we did under Dino. We still have no depth, no 2nd string QB, no second string RB, no second WR after our star player. No kind of success on the recruiting trail. Shafer made 1 bowl in 3 seasons, and Dino mad 2 bowls in 8 seasons.

If Brown is the guy, how will it work with Georgia playing into January? I assume he will stay coaching for Georgia?
Normally I say he’s done at UGA immediately and begins putting all attention to our program.

But I think I’d let him pop down on weekends to coach and ensure Syracuse’s New Head Coach gets talked about on CFB Playoff game broadcasts

Every portal player in America will be watching and hearing how good of a coach we’re getting.

I don’t think anyone thinks he’s going to recruit here like he does at Georgia, even saying that made me laugh, it’s totally unrealistic. I think there’s a good chance he does really well for us in the portal and he gets us in with some jersey kids we otherwise wouldn’t have a chance with. We have a ceiling in recruiting at Syracuse and I think Fran has the chance to take us to that ceiling. What we have to hope for is that he builds and constructs a staff capable of coaching up that talent.
I think the test should be how he recruits against peer schools. He seems to do well against UGA’s peer schools, so I would think that would translate to our level.

Do you even know who you're talking to?
I've been following this board for years. You post often, most of it's nonsense.

Really I'm done, be happy with Fran idgaf . I don't see it, and think it will be a disaster, and I'm darn sick of this team being a joke. Marrone was by far our best coach, and was probably the worst recruiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom